AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Sonus Faber

Sonus Faber Italy's Best

Old 01-16-2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAida View Post
I am most fortunate to have the 2nd generation Aida speaker. Combined with the Burmester 909MK5, it is the greatest overall sound I have encountered in 50 years.
That must be awesome. Lucky you
Aurender N10 music server, Ayre QX-5 DAC, Ayre KX-R TWENTY preamp, Ayre MX-R TWENTY mono blocks, PS Audio DirectStream DAC & PS Audio DMP SACD Transport, Sonus Faber Amati Futuras, Shunyata Research Sigma interconnects and speaker cables, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Galileo power cords, Synergistic Research PowerCell 12 SE power conditioner, 2 Dedicated 20amp AC lines with Oyaide Duplexes.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeyed View Post
My original Cremona are currently singing in a relatively small room powered by a SF Musica. It's a very pleasing setup.
Kev
Hearing the original Cremona is what got me interested in the SF brand. A beautiful musical sounding speaker in my opinion. Don’t let them out of your hands.
Aurender N10 music server, Ayre QX-5 DAC, Ayre KX-R TWENTY preamp, Ayre MX-R TWENTY mono blocks, PS Audio DirectStream DAC & PS Audio DMP SACD Transport, Sonus Faber Amati Futuras, Shunyata Research Sigma interconnects and speaker cables, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Galileo power cords, Synergistic Research PowerCell 12 SE power conditioner, 2 Dedicated 20amp AC lines with Oyaide Duplexes.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLF View Post
Hearing the original Cremona is what got me interested in the SF brand. A beautiful musical sounding speaker in my opinion. Don’t let them out of your hands.
A friend who was with Sumiko for years, told me to replace the tweeters with domed ScanSpeak Revelator & the Cremona would be transformed (much improved). He likes the Cremona, but said the tweeter was always it's weak point. I think it's a physical drop-in, but I'd probably need to add a resistor to match the output of the old tweeter. It's an intriguing idea though.
Kev

Last edited by bugeyed; 01-19-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:02 AM

I always knew my Cremona Auditors had potential. That’s why I have kept them for 10 years and have attempted to mate different amps to them, though always unsuccessful. I just paired them with my newly acquired preowned Mcintosh MC452 and they finally sing like I knew they could. C22 commemorative preamp to inject a little tube magic and it sounds pretty impressive. My non audiophile friend was amazed by the “big sound out of such a little speaker”
Old 02-04-2019, 07:42 PM

I use an Audio Research Reference 150 with my Elipsa's. Although the amp stopped working last week and I'm sending it to ARC for repairs and an upgrade to SE.