AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 06-01-2011, 07:22 PM

Agreed, provided the reality meets the mystery...

Old 06-06-2011, 05:43 PM

Default The Shindo brand

I purchased a Haut Brion amp & Masseto preamp a few years ago. The US distributer, Jonathan, was very interested in what speaker I was going to use as the Haut's performance would be hindered in a big way with speakers of a difficult load. I am glad he steered me in the right direction. Shindo is about a "system approach", not mix and match, however their amps & preamps are mated to many other speaker brands with great success, such as Audio Note, Devore Solovox to name a few. The owners of entry level Shindo amps cant we expected to spend $25k for a pair of Shindo Petite Latours. They also highly recommend Shindo or Auditorium interconnects and speaker cables, which from my experience are excellent. I have received superb service and advice from Jonathan.

Yes the brand is becoming a bit of an exclusive club, but that just furthers the pride of ownership in my mind. The other thing to remember is that Shindo products are produced is very low volumes, unlike CJ, Mac, AR. Does Shindo really need more positive news in the market place....no!...its already there. All their products are outstanding, just a bit different flavour, and more "there" as you move up the line.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
Omodo,

Welcome to the forum.

I own a Montille and a Cortese. Here's a link to my initial review of the latter.

The Montille is a great amp - I am not selling mine. But the Cortese is the amp I've been waiting for all my audiophile life. It's voiced just right for my tastes. I am going to make a leap and guess that it would sound amazing with your Altecs. If I had the room for them, I would love a pair of Altecs.

There is something VERY special about the sound of SET - I can't get enough of it. It's addictive to the point that my wife is starting to complain about me spending too much time listening to music . Never fatiguing and it makes even poorly recorded music sound good.

With previous setups, about 30% of my record collection did not sound good without some tone controls (harsh highs or thin bass) - I thought I'd never be able to live without a preamp with tone controls. The Cortese changed all that.

A few days ago - just for kicks - I put the Montille back in the system. It sounded great, but after a few tracks I was longing for the delicious midrange, smoother highs and incredible bass of the Cortese.

If you have the speakers for it (i.e. high efficiency) I can't recommend the Cortese highly enough.

I hope this helps and, again, welcome to this amazing forum!

Alberto
Alberto, Jerome, thanks for the welcome..

It was actually your review of the Cortese that led me to joining this site - great review btw. The Cortese is probably the option I am leaning towards at this point in time, but I would still love to find more info/reviews/impressions of the C-C EL34 before making a commitment - unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any other Shindo owners in my neck of the woods so getting to demo either option, in my system or otherwise, is unlikely to happen..
Old 06-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Chief Toneologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by omodo View Post
Alberto, Jerome, thanks for the welcome..

It was actually your review of the Cortese that led me to joining this site - great review btw. The Cortese is probably the option I am leaning towards at this point in time, but I would still love to find more info/reviews/impressions of the C-C EL34 before making a commitment - unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any other Shindo owners in my neck of the woods so getting to demo either option, in my system or otherwise, is unlikely to happen..
Where is your neck of the woods?

Alberto
Old 06-07-2011, 02:53 PM

Well, when one of you guys puts together an all shindo system, I'll take you to dinner in exchange for a listen...
Old 06-07-2011, 03:01 PM

Jeff,

I was going to offer before. While not an "all" Shindo system... I am pretty close.

You are welcome to come listen anytime for as long as you like. I will leave you the keys while I go to work and you can listen to you hearts content.

Stephen
Santa Barbara CA
Old 06-08-2011, 12:13 PM

Next time I'm in CA, let's get together....
Old 06-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Stephen,

When you'll get your Shindo speakers, I will buy a ticket to LA and come to visit you !

Jeff, if you come to Paris in september, you'll be probably very surprised to hear what a 20W 845 SET amp is able to !
Old 06-08-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C220MC275 View Post
Stephen,

When you'll get your Shindo speakers, I will buy a ticket to LA and come to visit you !

Jeff, if you come to Paris in september, you'll be probably very surprised to hear what a 20W 845 SET amp is able to !
Jerome, better make that "first class ticket" for the very special occasion.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:02 PM

Jeff, Jerome, Serge, and any others...

You are most welcome to come to my modest little home and hear what the Shindo is giving me.

After listening to Neil Young sing for two hours last night in very good seats, I came home and put on Live at Massey Hall and felt as if I were still at the venue listening to Neil sing and play that old Les Paul Gibson.

My system is giving me the most realistically presented music that I have ever dreamed of.