AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion

General Audio Discussion All other Audio Q & A

Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 PM

Jason, what's your Auto Room EQ & Calibration system in your AV receiver?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:59 PM

Pictures are always welcome!
Main: Mc C2200 (Telefunkens) and MC207, Spectral DMA-180, Marantz AV8805A, JL Audio CR-1 and SAv2, Sony ST-SA5ES, TC-KA3ES and MDS-JA50ES, Oppo UDP-205 and BDP-103D, Bryson BDA-3, Magnum Dynalab FM Signal Sleuth, Remedy, PS Audio P12, Pioneer DT-555,
Samsung 65" QLED TV 8K, JBL 4311B, M&K MX125II on Ultra SS Stillpoints, B&W HTM2D2, CCM7.3 S2, CCM683
Office: Sony TA-F700ES (Mod), MDS-JA50ES (Mod) and SEQ-333ES, Accuphase T-107B, Bryston BDA-3, BHA-1 and BUC-1, Audeze LCD-4, Linn Tukan, REL T7 on Ultra SS Stillpoints, PC Server (16 TB)

Mobile:Audison bit One Virtuoso HD, bit Play HD, Amps and speakers.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 PM
'yer grandson

Bob, it's the same DENON 2805 I have a question on my (older) thread (remember I was asking if it can handle 4ohm speaker, and yes it does). IDK what's the room EQ system is. maybe its Audyssey?

yeah I told my wife who is home right now if she can snap a pic.. will post soon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 PM
'yer grandson

here is the pic, sorry I think this is just an iphone pic.. they are about to go to bed.

I'll measure SPL tom. and I'll update

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by banswee; 01-23-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banswee View Post
Bob, it's the same DENON 2805 I have a question on my (older) thread (remember I was asking if it can handle 4ohm speaker, and yes it does). IDK what's the room EQ system is. maybe its Audyssey?

yeah I told my wife who is home right now if she can snap a pic.. will post soon
Yeah, I know the 2805 (I still have the 3805). ...And no it's not Audyssey.
And my 3805 has a generic Denon Auto Room Correction & EQ system, based on a Parametric EQ, with 'Q'. ...Ten bands per channel (I believe; I can check, I still have my notes in the manual), for each of the seven channels (including Side & Rear surrounds; for Movies and for Music listening respectively). ...Not manually adjustable that Auto Parametric EQ; only the separate Graphic EQ is.

And it has one sub out; me too I was using a 'Y' splitter for my two subs back then (2004-05).

In my book, an adjustable Parametric EQ is better. ...And those Denon receivers from 2004 have very limited EQ, and not user adjustable. I know them (3805) very very well (my audio dealer was also a Denon salesman) because I took so many microphone measurements, just to listen to the various modes (three curves; Standard, Front, Flat) to see if I would have like one of them.

Jason, I highly recommend that you upgrade that electronic component.
* I bet you're using the mutichannel analog input; EXT In, in Denon's parlance, or/and Coaxial/Optical digital inputs.
The EXT In doesn't have bass management; only speaker levels (all seven of them), and a LFE boost (0, +5, +10, +15dB).

Digital Coax/Opt is only good for compressed DD and dts audio. ...And PCM stereo music of course; 44/16.

Time to upgrade.

Last edited by LordoftheRingsEE; 01-24-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:24 AM

-- BTW, the very first DENON AV receiver to use Audyssey was the AVR-5805 (97 pounds)! ...For a receiver! ...And that receiver was just over eleven inches tall!
I'm sure many members here remember that beast, or some of them owned it back then.
Now the AVR-5308CI is the top-of-the-line (2007-08 model), but upgraded last year with Audyssey MultEQ XT32, and Audyssey DSX, plus couple more things ($1,200 upgrade).

That was back in 2005. ...So Audyssey is roughly ten years old now (they also have separate Audyssey EQs back then or even before).

Jason, the most inexpensive product (AV receiver) with Audyssey MultEQ XT32 (the very best and latest flavor),
is the Onkyo TX-NR818 ($650 street price).

And if you like more Denon; the AVR-4311CI, last year model, also with Audyssey MultEQ XT32. ...If you can find one, it should be about $1,000 more or less.
And this year model, the AVR-4520CI (about two grands).

Just sayin'.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:45 PM
'yer grandson

Default Update!

Hi gents, here is the update!

got the ipad app called DB PRO. I think its really sensitive and me thinks the sub measurements are really tricky. . I can feel the house rumble but my reading was so low that I had to turn everything off (no running water, even furnace, etc)

also I was able to mute the fronts and just run each sub..

sub 1: 58-59

sub 2: 59

both subs running registered a peak of 63.. So I think I might be imagining things when I said that 'when I run just 1 sub it sounds better'

one thing I noticed is that when I run them both, they really disappear and be part with the whole sound (extension of the lower octave) while when I run a single sub I can pinpoint that the effect was coming from a certain spot (probably because I know I turned the other off, ...)..

Again, thanks all!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 PM

-- That's more like it!