AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 01-15-2017, 09:00 AM

I am sure this new configuration will be available at various price levels.

I have always believed that their power cables, in particular, are very underrated. I have not found a cable at up to 3 times the price that is better than the NRG10.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:49 PM

Any other inside info, Joey?
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 04:26 AM.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
Any other inside info, Joey?
Cables: Audioquest WBY XLR 72v DBS, Audioquest Everest DBS 72V, Audioquest NRG WEL 72V DBS, 2xAudioquest Diamond USB 216V DBS, UpTone Regen Amber
Rack: Mapleshade Platforms
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w IsoTek Elite EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; HiFi Tuning Supreme 3
I am trying to confirm whether the Huricane is actually above the WEL, my AQ insider answered a simple "yes" to my questions, but I looked over my email and I asked 2 questions:

"Is this the new power cord? Is this above the WEL?"

His answer was yes.

I resent another email:
"Is this above the WEL?"

No response.

So I am not completely sure if the huricane is above teh wel or not, but for sure these are coming.

Interestingly enough, if you read the January 2017 Stereophile review of the Boulder 2150, you will see that Fremer has AQ reterminate the power cord of the Boulder into 2 Huricanes... They list the price there as $1695.

Which means that it must be at the level of the NRG1000.

I am still waiting for more info....
Old 04-05-2017, 05:21 AM

Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 04:25 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:09 AM

Seems like AudioQuest has released a new series of power cables...
http://www.audioquest.com/power-cabl...ane-hi-current

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 04:21 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
Seems like AudioQuest has released a new series of power cables...
http://www.audioquest.com/power-cabl...ane-hi-current

The link comes up empty on my end. I'm looking forward to seeing what they've come up with.

I had an early, maybe first generation, of the WEL AC cable and it was top class. I kept it for a few years until I found Furutech's to be more my taste/flavor.
The WEL cable had thunderous, tight, detailed bass and matching high end. The only thing that kept me from pursuing additional WEL AC cables was that the mids were a little too transparent or perhaps recessed. It made the bass and highs prominent.
It worked very well for some components, but not all of them.
I felt it needed a warmer mid range to be more balanced sounding, for my system. Nevertheless I still think it was top class.

They are due for power cable upgrades. Most of the updates over recent years look to have been more cosmetic than substantive re-engineering projects.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables
Old 08-04-2017, 10:32 PM

Linky no worky
Old 08-05-2017, 02:41 AM

Ha ha... This is really funny! I guess they've erased this 'unlimited power' series from the site really fast. All I've seen is that they are called Tornado, Hurricane and Dragon (as I recall) and they resemble the one from the picture in the first post of the thread (for the external geometry, connectors and DBS pack). The Hurricane was PSC+ while the top of the line, the Dragon was PSC+/PSS+.

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 04:19 AM.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
The link comes up empty on my end. I'm looking forward to seeing what they've come up with.

I had an early, maybe first generation, of the WEL AC cable and it was top class. I kept it for a few years until I found Furutech's to be more my taste/flavor.
The WEL cable had thunderous, tight, detailed bass and matching high end. The only thing that kept me from pursuing additional WEL AC cables was that the mids were a little too transparent or perhaps recessed. It made the bass and highs prominent.
It worked very well for some components, but not all of them.
I felt it needed a warmer mid range to be more balanced sounding, for my system. Nevertheless I still think it was top class.

They are due for power cable upgrades. Most of the updates over recent years look to have been more cosmetic than substantive re-engineering projects.
To me, the WEL interconnect had the same effect as the one you describe (although it had world class microdynamics, speed, timbral richness, thunderous bass and the blackest background something was definitely missing). That's why I clearly preferred WBY. But the NRG-WEL sounds just perfect to me!

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 04:19 AM.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:00 AM

I have not heard WBY but I have WEL NRG and WEL SC and I am in love.