AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Burmester Audio

Burmester Audio Art for the Ear

Old 03-26-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonepub View Post
Well you know how girlfriends get when you pay attention to other girls!
Especially ones that give such good "sound".
Old 03-26-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
One of the most interesting things I've found with the 911, having had the chance to use it with a lot of different speakers over the last two years is that it sounds great no matter what I hook it up to. The people from MartinLogan, YG Acoustics and Estelon have all commented on hearing the setup here that they have "never heard their speakers sound better."
I was looking at what else you have besides your 911. I noticed you also have a 011 pre. I wonder how it compares to the pre section in my 089? Also I love the new Cardas clear cables. Are you going to review them? Also did you ever try the Burmester PC's? I am using Bybee PC on my 911 and a Burmester PC on my 089. Any suggestions? I am also using a Sound Application Reference Line Stage. Thanks
Old 03-26-2011, 04:01 PM

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Burmester PC's or IC's.. A little too bright for me... I am working on a review of the 088 and 089 right now, so I'll let you know on that.

The Cardas Clear cable is a fantastic match with the Burmester stuff. I've been using the Clear and the Clear Light, which is about 40% the cost of the Clear and is so close, I don't know that I'd spend the money on the Clear....

I really like the Running Springs power stuff. It's my favorite. I use a Dmitri on a 20A circuit on the line stage, CD player and phono stage, and a Maxim on a 20A circuit to power the 911's.

Perhaps some weekend, you should come up and do a comparison...
Old 03-26-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Personally, I'm not a fan of the Burmester PC's or IC's.. A little too bright for me... I am working on a review of the 088 and 089 right now, so I'll let you know on that.

The Cardas Clear cable is a fantastic match with the Burmester stuff. I've been using the Clear and the Clear Light, which is about 40% the cost of the Clear and is so close, I don't know that I'd spend the money on the Clear....

I really like the Running Springs power stuff. It's my favorite. I use a Dmitri on a 20A circuit on the line stage, CD player and phono stage, and a Maxim on a 20A circuit to power the 911's.

Perhaps some weekend, you should come up and do a comparison...
Thank-you very much, that is very kind of you. Do you prefer single malt? I hope in your review (which I can't wait!) that you compare the preamp section of the 089 to the 088. And, how good is the belt drive transport of the 089. If I am not mistaken, Burmester has the patent on the belt drive system. Is the DAC module upgradable for the future? Why did Burmester not include a USB connection in a $30K CDP/DAC?
Old 03-26-2011, 06:29 PM

Any decent Single malt is fine, I'm easy. I will definitely be comparing the two because I think for a lot of people, with either no analog input or perhaps only one, the CDP with line level input and a 911 is a great way to get a very compact yet high performance system. The belt drive system is excellent.

To the best of my knowledge, Burmester has always made their products upgradable. As you see the 911 is at Mk. 3 stage and the 808 is at Mk. 5.

I will see Dieter at the Munich show and will ask him about the USB. Most mfrs are really polarized in terms of seeing USB as the "way to go" with high end digital. But Dieter is a very easy guy to talk to and I'm confident he'll give me the straight scoop.

Again, after Montreal if you would like to fly in for an afternoon, SF to here is pretty easy. Then you can listen to the dCS too....
Old 03-26-2011, 06:50 PM

[QUOTE=tonepub;153194]Any decent Single malt is fine, I'm easy. I will definitely be comparing the two because I think for a lot of people, with either no analog input or perhaps only one, the CDP with line level input and a 911 is a great way to get a very compact yet high performance system. The belt drive system is excellent.

To the best of my knowledge, Burmester has always made their products upgradable. As you see the 911 is at Mk. 3 stage and the 808 is at Mk. 5.

I will see Dieter at the Munich show and will ask him about the USB. Most mfrs are really polarized in terms of seeing USB as the "way to go" with high end digital. But Dieter is a very easy guy to talk to and I'm confident he'll give me the straight scoop.

Again, after Montreal if you would like to fly in for an afternoon, SF to here is pretty easy. Then you can listen to the dCS too....[/QUOTE

Thanks again, but I have to wait to travel till after my hip surgery. I am too young to have arthritis this bad, but it is what it is, and I need a hip replacement. I am on Kaiser Health waiting list (5 months!!!) When you see Herr Burmester, let him know my GF almost killed me by throwing that 5 lbs remote with the sharp edges at me. Luckily I did a George Bush, and tucked and she missed, but the remote stuck in the sheetrock.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:58 PM

I just have the cheesy, plastic remote, so if you'd like to trade (in the interest of safety, of course) just let me know.

Get better and feel free to drop by when you are feeling up to it.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I just have the cheesy, plastic remote, so if you'd like to trade (in the interest of safety, of course) just let me know.

Get better and feel free to drop by when you are feeling up to it.
It is still stuck in the wall, but seeing that my GF is a graphic artist, we thought in the name of audio art, it remains so. We know how "artistic" our European friends are. Plastic? Really?

Last edited by Talk2me; 03-27-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2me View Post
Rocco, you are one of the expert Burmester clients that post from the heart and soul, and what you share is very, very important to the people that "get" the Burmester philosophy. However, we know, and it should be so, that this audio thing is a very personal trip, and there is no "best". But there is a ,"did the hairs on my arms just stand up?" thing we have to live with.
Hi.

What you wrote is 100% right, but you've to know that my posts are to be considered as personal. Non exist the "best" absolute, but surely exists my Best. In my audio-experience I owned and compared many and many audio gears (any kind and at any price) and I was never satisfaied.

Today, with my Burmester system I reached the audiophile peace and finally I can listen my music with the emotion of live music.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2me View Post
It is still stuck in the wall, but seeing that my GF is a graphic artist, we thought in the name of audio art, it remains so. We know how "artistic" our European friends are. Plastic? Really?
I've been too lazy (and too cheap) to buy the good one!