AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Esoteric Audio

Esoteric Audio World Class cost no object Electronics

Old 11-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Colekat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanarSpeakerFan View Post
Hi Tom,

I wholeheartedly agree. Ivan has a world class reference system from source to speakers and everything in between. The Aida must have an incredible sound to have left such and indelible impression on your memory. When you get into Grandioso territory, Ivan's reference is the sort of system that's needed to fully bring out its potential.

I think my system will eventually bring out most of what the K-01 has to offer, once it is completed. This means some high-end Cardas cables in the near future and possibly a Pass XP-30 preamp somewhere down the road. I don't expect to go for the G-01 clock for the reasons you pointed out. I can pretty much guarantee no further component upgrades beyond what I've outlined, as I've almost completely rolled my system over in the last twelve months. However, I think your system has the chops to realize a significant improvement from the addition of the G-01. You'll have to let me know what improvements you hear, once you add it.

Ken
Hey Ken, Yah, the Aida's are sweet ! They are a great speaker for both analog and digital.
I'm in the same boat, better ancillaries are needed with these Esoterics. You will definately get great music with the Clears and the K-01. And of course the XP -30 is awesome.
Love this stuff!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colekat View Post
Hey Ken, Yah, the Aida's are sweet ! They are a great speaker for both analog and digital.
I'm in the same boat, better ancillaries are needed with these Esoterics. You will definately get great music with the Clears and the K-01. And of course the XP -30 is awesome.
Love this stuff!
Hi Tom,

Do you already have the G-01 clock? I see you have it listed under your components. If so, how are you enjoying it so far and are you hearing signfiicant improvements?

Since both my amps and speakers have bi-wiring capabilities, I'm leaning towards two runs of Cardas Clear per speaker. The first advantage is I can build it one run at a time. I spoke to the guys at Cardas and they recommended this over getting the bi-wired Clear Beyond. This is because bi-wired Clear Beyond is basically two Cardas Clears brought into one large cable.

According to them, it is better to have the additional space of separate cables than to have both in one large cable. Even though the bi-wired Clear Beyond is more expensive, most folks go for it due to the aesthetics of one clean run of cable per speaker. Another issue is that I want to run four terminations to four terminations and the bi-wired Clear Beyond is usually configured two terminations at the amp to four terminations at the speaker. Just for kicks, I asked about two runs of Clear Beyond per speaker and their response was too much copper!

Ken
Old 11-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Colekat

Quote:
Hi Tom,

Do you already have the G-01 clock? I see you have it listed under your components. If so, how are you enjoying it so far and are you hearing signfiicant improvements?

Since both my amps and speakers have bi-wiring capabilities, I'm leaning towards two runs of Cardas Clear per speaker. The first advantage is I can build it one run at a time. I spoke to the guys at Cardas and they recommended this over getting the bi-wired Clear Beyond. This is because bi-wired Clear Beyond is basically two Cardas Clears brought into one large cable.

According to them, it is better to have the additional space of separate cables than to have both in one large cable. Even though the bi-wired Clear Beyond is more expensive, most folks go for it due to the aesthetics of one clean run of cable per speaker. Another issue is that I want to run four terminations to four terminations and the bi-wired Clear Beyond is usually configured two terminations at the amp to four terminations at the speaker. Just for kicks, I asked about two runs of Clear Beyond per speaker and their response was too much copper!

Ken
Ken, Premature on the clock listing, I am still waiting on delivery, seems the clock is still not arrived to the dealer. I will keep everyone posted. I still haven't chosen Power Cords either. I go back and dorth in my head, at least you are sold on your cable manufacturer of choice, Cardas. I also beleive the way ro go is shot gunning the speaker cables. Talk to Ivan about that, he has WireWorld Tri Wire's , I'm not sure if he has three separate runs??? Anyway he has more cabling than I ever seen.
As for the clock, I can't wait to hear the effect! I have been shatting with several G-01 owners, and they are all very pro clock, but after laying outbthat kind of green, it would be tough to not like it.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Ken, Premature on the clock listing, I am still waiting on delivery, seems the clock is still not arrived to the dealer. I will keep everyone posted. I still haven't chosen Power Cords either. I go back and dorth in my head, at least you are sold on your cable manufacturer of choice, Cardas. I also beleive the way ro go is shot gunning the speaker cables. Talk to Ivan about that, he has WireWorld Tri Wire's , I'm not sure if he has three separate runs??? Anyway he has more cabling than I ever seen.
As for the clock, I can't wait to hear the effect! I have been shatting with several G-01 owners, and they are all very pro clock, but after laying outbthat kind of green, it would be tough to not like it.
Tom,

I had a really rough day at work today and you just gave me a huge laugh with your typo, thanks! Seriously though, I bet you can't wait to take delivery on that G-01. I'm sure it will make your D-02 sound even more amazing. Which power cords are you considering? Seems like Shunyata and WW are two of the more popular brands around here. I would see if you could demo some in your system. I think two speaker cable runs per speaker will do it for me. My one main requirement is four terminations on the amp side and four on the speaker side.

Best,
Ken
Old 11-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Colekat

Quote:
Tom,

I had a really rough day at work today and you just gave me a huge laugh with your typo, thanks! Seriously though, I bet you can't wait to take delivery on that G-01. I'm sure it will make your D-02 sound even more amazing. Which power cords are you considering? Seems like Shunyata and WW are two of the more popular brands around here. I would see if you could demo some in your system. I think two speaker cable runs per speaker will do it for me. My one main requirement is four terminations on the amp side and four on the speaker side.

Best,
Ken
Hey Ken, Ya, thats chatting... Someones it is shatting the way it can flung around on these forums. As for the cords, I'm going back and forth on that. I had a great oppurtunity to grab some Stage III Minotaurs in a set of demos, but the price on those are to high to buy without a return policy. So now I 'm thinking Synergistic Research Elements, and I'm waiting to hear back from Eelii, who just sprang big time on the Acrolink Mexcel 9500s, though I don't think I can afford those, would have to wait until there are some demos or Agon's.
Ken, I always want the best of everything but reality is I put the big bucks up for the front end, and its gonna take some time for the play money tree to rebloom.
Although there is always Santa Claus... We'll see!
Old 11-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Colekat

Quote:
Hey Ken, Ya, thats chatting... Someones it is shatting the way it can flung around on these forums. As for the cords, I'm going back and forth on that. I had a great oppurtunity to grab some Stage III Minotaurs in a set of demos, but the price on those are to high to buy without a return policy. So now I 'm thinking Synergistic Research Elements, and I'm waiting to hear back from Eelii, who just sprang big time on the Acrolink Mexcel 9500s, though I don't think I can afford those, would have to wait until there are some demos or Agon's.
Ken, I always want the best of everything but reality is I put the big bucks up for the front end, and its gonna take some time for the play money tree to rebloom.
Although there is always Santa Claus... We'll see!
Hey Ken, Clock is in the house, but not in the system... Waiting on the cables!