AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > DeVore Fidelity

DeVore Fidelity Nothing brings you closer to the Music

Old 06-01-2014, 12:59 AM

Tommy, congrats on the SB purchase. I'm sure you will love them. Looking forward to hearing your comparison to your previous speakers with your Shindo gear.

I think you might just be in for a huge treat! Enjoy.
!

Shindo D'Yquems
Shindo Vosne Romanee
Devore 0/96
Luxman PD-171
Dynavector xx2 MkII
Luxman DA-06
Mac Mini
Magnum Dynalab MD 107t
Shindo and A23 Cables
Old 06-01-2014, 02:01 AM

Congratulations on ◄ i
Old 06-02-2014, 11:48 AM

Default Thanks TommyC

Hi TommyC,

All the Shindo amps you've mentioned will drive the Silverbacks beautifully. Both the CC80 and the GM70 are among my favorites on the speakers, your amps will be an excellent match.

Also keep in mind that, other than the cabinets, your Silverbacks are brand new and will require full burn-in before they sound "right". At least 500-700 hours of normal playing.

Happy listening--cheers!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:34 PM

Just a bit surprised to see JD posting. That's a good thing.

Last edited by Masterlu; 06-03-2014 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Sarcastic Personal remarks
Old 06-03-2014, 12:00 AM

Thanks John, I need to break out my receiver during the break in period to save some tube life.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect in terms of sound quality. My Guarneri Memento is sounding quite good with the Shindo system.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
I purchased a pair of Silverback and sent it in for the "i" or "mk2" upgrade + Silvertoe footers. I also got the dealer to replace all the midrange drivers and woofers. So, they're essentially new. They should arrive in 1-2 weeks. Looking for all the tips on placement.
Hi Tommy,

Looking forward to hearing how your silverbacks will sound. Wanted to send mine for the upgrades but house renovation took precedent. Using a masseto/Montrachet combo for my silverbacks and considering a used pair of lafon gm70. So any opinions would be valued . Like you I also recently added duo mr t for my system.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:59 AM

It's been a while since I've heard them, but the GM70's are simply awesome on the Silverbacks. Very powerful, natural, and clean sounding amps -I found them to be a bit less "romantic" than the F2A amps. You really feel the musicians present. Very immediate. Absolutely stunning to listen to.

I've never heard them, but I am a bit surprised Matt didn't think the D'yquem's would be a good fit. The Silverback/Shindo combos often defy spec sheets (as evidenced by the Cortese/Silverback combo others on AA that either heard or own). I think you just need to try them out (along with your own music) to see what works best for you.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:07 PM

Default I'm not a big forum guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbag View Post
Just a bit surprised to see JD posting. That's a good thing.
But I'll check in and try to answer questions. If I disappear completely it'll either be because I've been edited again or banned.

TommyC, as for burn-in, of course you don't want to eat-up tubes for nothing. Maybe use the receiver for the first few days to a week, then go ahead and get the real system set up. They will continue to get better and better for several more weeks, but there's no reason not to enjoy the process. Happy listening!
Old 06-03-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post

Looking for all the tips on placement.
If you didn't get the Silverback manual with the speakers let me know and I can send you a PDF.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey View Post
It's been a while since I've heard them, but the GM70's are simply awesome on the Silverbacks. Very powerful, natural, and clean sounding amps -I found them to be a bit less "romantic" than the F2A amps. You really feel the musicians present. Very immediate. Absolutely stunning to listen to.

I've never heard them, but I am a bit surprised Matt didn't think the D'yquem's would be a good fit. The Silverback/Shindo combos often defy spec sheets (as evidenced by the Cortese/Silverback combo others on AA that either heard or own). I think you just need to try them out (along with your own music) to see what works best for you.
Sounds good. I was actually interested in a used pair of Sinhonia F2a. Matt didn't think it was a good idea. I'll ask him again about the D'Yquem or the GM70 later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFgibbon View Post
But I'll check in and try to answer questions. If I disappear completely it'll either be because I've been edited again or banned.

TommyC, as for burn-in, of course you don't want to eat-up tubes for nothing. Maybe use the receiver for the first few days to a week, then go ahead and get the real system set up. They will continue to get better and better for several more weeks, but there's no reason not to enjoy the process. Happy listening!
I plan to do this. The speakers already have ~50 hours before shipping out to me. So I figure I'll run it in for a week or so before enjoying it on my Shindo setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFgibbon View Post
If you didn't get the Silverback manual with the speakers let me know and I can send you a PDF.
If you don't mind John, could you send me the pdf via email? I would love to study the manual first.