AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 04-25-2018, 02:05 AM

Default Shunyata Triton v3

This might not be the appropriate place to post this as this is a Shunyata forum.

My situation is that I called my internet dealer about auditioning the Triton v3 to replace my PS Audio P10. My dealer lead me to the Synergistic Research PowerCell 12 SE instead due to pricing and that my monoblock amps can be plugged into it too with increased dynamics. At the time, I was not really comfortable about doing this, but with the price difference and upgraded SN Galileo cable included with the SN, I agreed.

While no one can advise me on which might sound better in my system, my gut feeling is that the Triton might be the better choice, based on reviews, great manufacture customer support which I’ve personally experienced , and that I own a good deal of top-of-the-line Shunyata cables, but I do have a few Synergistic cables too with SN Galileo power cords going to my amps.

While power conditioners vary depending on one’s system and priorities, has anyone who owns the latest Triton V3 compared it to the Synergistic Research PowerCell 12 SE? If so, what are your opinions with differences between these 2 power conditioners and what gear have you tried them with?
Old 04-25-2018, 09:57 AM

Hi. As always with power-related products its imperative to listen. Opinions vary, even if systems are similar, which is rare so context is everything. Whether its a reviewer, dealer or a customer on a forum, opinions pale compared to first hand experience. At these prices, its critical to listen for yourself, in your system. We go out of our way to facilitate these evaluations through our dealers for just that reason. If I can be of any help with access, I'd be happy to help enable a trial.

Regarding high-current delivery and performance, I doubt any company has invested more in customizing individual parts and technology aimed specifically at maximizing the through-put of peak current energy to amplifiers and other high-current electronics. The Triton v3 takes the patent-pending QR/BB technology designed into Denali unit's HC outlets and triples it in size, creating a coloumb-charge designed specifically to make micro-second current impulses more available to amplifiers.

Caelin's background in science and 9 published patents (5 more pending) and the fact that other companies continually look to us to compare their products to, should imply our reference products are in a very small group at the top of their class. To omit them as a comparator would I think, be shortsighted if the goal is 'best performance'.

Richard at our factory or myself are always willing to work through our dealers to provide fast and easy access to our products. If you take the time to call us, we can help.

Best regards,

Grant
Old 04-25-2018, 11:27 AM

Grant. Thank you for the most helpful reply. I felt rather uncomfortable about posting here, but I believe that this forum is the only place to get meaningful help. This morning I cancelled the order for the Synergistic Research Powercell, but my salesperson is not in today so I will have to order the Triton 3 and Sigma NR Cable to go with it tomorrow.

One more question, with my gear listed in my signature do you think that the Triton can handle the Ayre monoblocks in addition to all my other gear? Thanks.

Last edited by RLF; 04-25-2018 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:13 PM

Hi. I sent you a detailed e-mail reply, but regarding the Ayre amps, any other amps or high-current systems in general, the Triton v3 is optimized for high-current delivery so there will be no loss of peak-current availability compared to a wall connection.

Quite to the contrary, The Hydra Triton v3 contains what is technically referred to as a coloumb charge device. Normally this would be represented as a bank of capacitors that hold onto micro-second impulses of current so that it is made more available to high-current electronics. In our case, Caelin designed what he terms a QR/BB device (patent-pending) fashioned out of pure copper. This is a passive, non-reactive device that performs the same function of making a peak-current charge more available to high-current devices. We also use this device in the Denali's HC outlet. In the Triton v3, the QR/BB is three-times the size and serves all the outlets.

The Hydra Triton v3 will deliver the full amount of peak and continuous current that is available via the breaker-rating at the panel to any system of electronics. At their core, our power distributors are passive, so there are no current manipulations that would degrade the available current that exists at the wall outlet. No heat is generated, no hum, no current-limiting and no noise is produced by anything we manufacture.

Best regards,
Grant
Old 04-26-2018, 03:31 PM

I will second that based upon current (pun intended!) and past experience with the Triton v3. It absolutely always allows full dynamics from whatever amps it is powering....
Old 04-27-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantS View Post
Hi. I sent you a detailed e-mail reply, but regarding the Ayre amps, any other amps or high-current systems in general, the Triton v3 is optimized for high-current delivery so there will be no loss of peak-current availability compared to a wall connection.
Hi Grant,

Thank you for your most informative and detailed e-mail yesterday as well as our phone chat today. I really appreciate it and it helped clear up some questions that I had regarding power conditioning and cables in general.

As I mentioned to you today, I continue to enjoy my Sigma cables and look forward to auditoning a Triton 3 to go with them in my system. As in the past, I have found Shunyata to be one of the best manufactures in the industry as evidenced by my past and continued experiences with both your products and excellent customer support.

Best Regards,

Bob
Old 05-08-2018, 05:03 PM

As always Grant is first class. His explanations and experience is second to none.

Thx Grant as always. Knowing RLF as I do he’ll go with the one that’s clearly the best.

Odd
Old 05-08-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddeophile View Post
As always Grant is first class. His explanations and experience is second to none.

Thx Grant as always. Knowing RLF as I do he’ll go with the one that’s clearly the best.

Odd
Hi Odd,

Nice seeing you here. Yes indeed, Grant and Shunyata are first class and as I’ve experienced in the past, their service is second to none.

Bob