AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 10-16-2012, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjl

Sanji,

+1

Having followed all the "back & forth" on this particular thread, your comments echo my exact same sentiments.

End of the day, although I'm a Wilson owner, I also have an equal amount of tremendous respect for Magico as well, but they're simply not my cup of tea. Measurements are great, but there's so many other factors that effect a system's performance.

That being said, it ultimately all comes down to what "one" actually hears with "one's" own pair of ears, as we're all "wired" differently cerebrally speaking.

Philip
Dear Philip,

I'm in "violent agreement" with your above post. It says all about high end hifi.
Many excellent products which reflect their creators' preferences. As the end customer, we have to navigate and pick the components which match best our cerebral interpretation of 'musicality' and the speaker maker's opinion about what is performing product.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChiaro View Post
My thoughts on your dilemma: If your Sashas are "beloved," then don't even make it a question. It's about your likes, not theirs.

I think both companies make excellent speakers, and it's a matter of personal taste, including aesthetics. Some people find the Wilsons horribly ugly...I didn't used to think much of them, myself. However, after a number of years, I've transitioned from (my wife's words) "they look like garbage cans" to seeing them as beautiful industrial art. On the looks front, I don't warm up to the Magicos, at all...but I'm now biased, obviously. If someone wrote that he thought they were beautiful, would I care? Absolutely not...I'll keep my opinion, and he can have his. It's no different from a sonic standpoint. To be honest, I don't subscribe to any of the magazines...it's just too easy to get caught up in wanting new gear. When I have the desire to make a change, then I go out and seek opinions/reviews on products that I think might be a good fit. In the end, I'm only interested in finding a product that works for me from a sonic/visual perspective. Once I have it, then I focus on finding music to listen to because, ultimately, that's what's important, to me.

Good luck with whatever you decide is best for you!

OMG. My wife also said the Sasha's look like garbage cans. Didn't stop me from buying a pair earlier this week though. They could look prettier, but ultimately sound is what we are buying them for. At least they are not as ugly as the Magico's.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:35 AM

Measurements only mean so much. Consider room correction. Some people swear by electronic room correction. Me, I find it makes things sound less musical. I found that even though subsequent measurements, post room-correction, were closer to flat the musicality tended to diasppear.

As for "engineering issues", not sure what's being referred to Either way, I decided on Sasha's based on what I measured with my ears, not a meter or electronic sample.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Hear to listen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen_bh
...I decided on Sasha's based on what I measured with my ears, not a meter or electronic sample.
As you should!

Sent from my DROIDX using A.Aficionado

Aural pleasures courtesy of SME, Dynavector, Audio Research, Simaudio, Wireworld, & Wilson
Old 11-20-2012, 06:58 PM

Now if I could just get my wife to not remind me of the trash can similarities...

(I really don't care what she thinks, I bought them for how they sound )