AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 05-08-2017, 12:03 AM

Default Alexias incoming!

Back in 2013 I bought Sasha 1's and went on a factory tour where I saw my speakers being built. http://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=21600

I became enamored with the Wilson philosophy, products, and family. I said once that the Sasha was my "lifetime speaker". I absolutely love that speaker, and I've never been anything less than thrilled by the performance. There are different approaches to building a system; I've mostly believed that you build around the best speakers you can afford.

The Sasha 2 came out 6 months after I got my 1's, which meant I was able to take advantage of a trade up program at the time. They made it easy, so it was a no brainer. I felt like the Sasha 2 was a nice refinement over the original, and I fell in love with the new tweeter that was slowly making it's way into all Wilson products.

Last week when the Alexia 2 was announced, I jokingly asked my dealer if he was going to give me a pair of v1's for a firesale price. He said he would put together a deal, and after going back and forth a bit and involving Wilson in the discussion, things fell in place.

I'm getting a pair of Alexia v1's in Dark Titanium with black grilles and silver/natural hardware!

I haven't been given a date yet, but I anticipate just a few weeks.

I'm super excited. I really never saw myself going above the Sasha's because of prohibitive cost. I've heard Alexia's in many, many places...shows, my dealer's various locations, etc. I have never been anything less than blown away by what they can do. It will be very interesting for me to see exactly what you do get over a Sasha 2, all else being equal. I'm so familiar with the Sasha's at this point, I'll know in seconds after the Alexia is plunked down.

I'll follow up with pics and more information when I get them!
Old 05-08-2017, 12:12 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Marc.......Holy smoke. You have to be careful what you wish for, you might just get it. Seems like new speakers are flying out of dealer's doors these day.

Congratulations. Looking forward to your review and photos.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 05-08-2017, 05:30 AM
Life is beautiful

Marc, wow!
That will be an upgrade indeed.
Congratulations and enjoy them.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 05-08-2017, 06:17 AM

Congrats and welcome to the club!

You'll be very very happy, I'm sure of that.

I guess you are very excited, and from now until they are in your home, nights will be full of dreams.

Enjoy, and don't forget pics.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:22 AM

Almost bought the Alexia 1 about 6 weeks ago myself... I can honestly say, congratulations Mark!
Old 05-08-2017, 07:51 AM

So excited for you Marc!!
I love the way that Wilson treats its customer's and your story on Bill Peugh's involvement to help make the deal happen is really awesome

I will be looking forward to the forthcoming arrival and set-up pictures of your new Alexia's!

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
MSB Reference DAC
Innuos Statement w/Next Gen. PS
B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
Shunyata Cables
Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments
Old 05-08-2017, 08:19 AM
♫ Now playing... ♫

Marc,
Congratulations! Looking forward to the delivery and reviews.
McIntosh MX150, C2300, MC601 (5), MC207, MCD12000, MR88, MPC1500, LB100, MCLK12. Anthem AVM 90. Lumin U1. Bluesound Node. Oppo 205. Bowers & Wilkins 800 D3, CWM8.3D, CCM7.5 S2. SVS SB16-Ultra (4). Shunyata. Wireworld. Transparent. GIK.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:15 AM

Marc , congratulations with those speakers, they are for sure awesome .
I have only heard Sabrina - Yvette and Sasha 2 , they did all blow me away....so i am sure that Alexia will be even better.

Looking forward to you impressions and review.
Flemming
Old 05-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Racing Hoopties

Exciting upgrade Marc! Congratulations.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 05-08-2017, 10:50 AM

Wow Marc, congratulations! You've really got to be excited about this upgrade. The Alexia is truly an outstanding speaker and paired with your electronics, OMG!