AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bricasti Design

Bricasti Design Listen To The Possibilities

Old 01-15-2017, 12:54 PM

Does the Bricasti need to be powered through the USB cable?
Old 01-15-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian05 View Post
Question for current owners or those with M1 experience...

I am considering a power conditioner and a power cable upgrade. Looking at Silver Circle Audio and Shunyata currently, but both brands are VERY costly these days for their better products. I've recently sold all my albums and turntable so I do not need many outlets as it is a digital only system going forward.
I run a Luxman integrated amplifier, a Bricasti M1 DAC and soon to be sourced by a Bryston BDP-2 in its newest iteration.
My system is currently run from two dedicated power lines, a 20 amp circuit for the amplifier only and a 15 amp circuit for both digital devices.
My cabling is all Audioquest currently, but I have never been a fan of their power cord efforts so looking for good recommendations. Bricasti uses Purist Audio cabling a lot at shows, but I don't have a dealer anywhere near me and their line is a bit confusing.
Which power cable and conditioner have you used and had positive experience with?
I'm kind of off-topic for not having a Bricasti but what AudioQuest power cables let you down? I thing NRG-1000 and above are simply amazing!
I also recommend IsoTek power conditioning products (as GreginNH1)! They work magic with your gear!
Cables: AudioQuest WBY XLR 72v DBS, AudioQuest Everest DBS 72V, AudioQuest NRG WEL 72V DBS, 2xAudioQuest Diamond USB 216V DBS, UpTone Regen Amber
Rack: Mapleshade Platforms
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w IsoTek Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; HiFi Tuning Supreme 3

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 08-04-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
Does the Bricasti need to be powered through the USB cable?

Yes it does. The Bricasti M1 uses the popular XMOS input chip that's powered from the host device.

I know several M1 owners who use a variety of devices to inject a clean 5V supply rather than rely on the often noisy motherboard supply from their mac / pc.

I'm using a JCAT PCIe USB card that provides an external dc input socket, so for me it was a simple matter of powering it with a discrete low noise linear regulator, which uses a two stage series + shunt design with some RF filtering. My PC is also powered from a discrete linear supply and the internal SSD's are additionally powered by linear shunt regulators. The PC is also fan-less and uses a low power i7 quad core processor. Under normal operation the total input power is roughly 15 Watts.