AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Integrated

Integrated All in one, Still in Style

Old 04-03-2015, 12:53 PM

Default Devialet 200 opinions

Any of you heard one of these? I am contemplating trying one.

image-2994855171.jpg
Old 04-03-2015, 05:06 PM

Well I demoed D200 for two weeks and was impressed enough that I own one now. I was looking for integrated to simplify my life. I've read the D400 is even better not just power wise. But I decide one weight scale, one power cord and one set of interconnects is enough for me. Below is a short impression I made on another forum.

Ok I've been demoing the D200 for the last 11 days and the last two days punishing it at some pretty high and low decibels (+4.0). The unit was getting semi hot but not even close to a pure Class A amp. The TAD's have open up to levels I haven't experience before. My room is 16 X43 9ft ceilings family room and kitchen combined. The bass is super tight and authorative without over taken my room or the music. The highs do not exhibit a hint of sibilance. A very clean sound without being sterile, is it a tube guys sound probably not. I don't know what else to say but this thing is a retired mans dream good sound, compact, wife friendly and simple. I'm stoked, is it better than the seperates I've own over the years probably not but it's definetly in the ball park. The french did a nice job with the Devialet, they just need to get off their high horse and have a more informative manual. Searching on the internet for answer to questions about their units is time consuming.

John
Shunyata Research Sigma USB and Ethernet
Argento Audio speaker cables and interconnects
Old 06-23-2015, 10:52 AM

I love the Devialet Integrated. I've heard them at many audio shows and a few local dealers. I am so so tempted by the D200 and hoping to find a used one in the future.

The way this amp takes control of the speaker is just ridiculous. Closest thing to effortless. The Devialet is very much worth an audition.

TOM...
Old 06-23-2015, 04:01 PM

I have a D200 in my second set, I do like it a lot, it is something different.
very clean and tight sound, good match with my little raidho X1.
strangly enough soundquality can differ between firmware versions.

In my first set I have an Accuphase E-600, simular price, would I change it for the D200, probably not.

Olaf
Old 03-11-2016, 09:06 PM

Changes in the SAM implementation along with dynamic power management certainly could lead to sound quality changes.

I don't bother going back and forth and comparing, I just update the firmware and move on.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:27 PM

I was a little skeptical when the first Devialet appeared. Granted, you could spend a similar amount on separates.

But the Devialet Le 200 IMHO brought prices down to a saner level and is in a sweet spot for price performance. Unlike the Le 120, which can't support mono block configurations, the Le 200 does.

There is a promotion worldwide now for a Companion at 15% off which is a really really good deal - it means the Le 200 Companion is just a few hundred bucks more than the Le120.

And here's the trick - the 200 Companion is virtually identical to the Le 200 standard. It loses the remote and the wifi connectivity. You can just use an iPod Touch/iPad/iPhone to control the volume anyway - and use an Ethernet connection.

If you want to do the mono configuration, then get the full 200 to pair

I have used the Le200 with SAM on a pair of DALI Epicon 2s and Epicon 8s and I really like how the SAM improves the sound. In the Tone menus, you can configure SAM to run in 1% increments from 0% to 100% - and IMHO it is a great way to hear how it changes the sound. You do need to use the physical remote for that though.