AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 07-27-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519

Perfect. How soon do you expect the new cables to arrive?
Congrats!!
Old 07-29-2012, 02:47 AM

Transparent cables are pretty amazing! They really transformed my system by simply getting all the gear out of the way & connected me to the music. Have a mix of REF XL MM2 & REF MM2. Pricy but definitely worth he price of admission. Great sounding & exquisitely built. Funny thing is anytime someone comes over to listen to music, they always ask, what are those boxes?
Old 07-29-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanji
Transparent cables are pretty amazing! They really transformed my system by simply getting all the gear out of the way & connected me to the music. Have a mix of REF XL MM2 & REF MM2. Pricy but definitely worth he price of admission. Great sounding & exquisitely built. Funny thing is anytime someone comes over to listen to music, they always ask, what are those boxes?
Nice!! Just put of curiosity, which of ur cables are Ref XL MM2 & which are Ref MM2? Why did u go that route as opposed to all Ref XL MM2 or all Ref MM2? What are the sonic differences between the two? I'm currently at all Ref MM1 - one set if balanced ICs and one set of spkr cables. Is the difference between Ref XL MM2 & Ref MM2 so significant that I should jump to Ref XL MM2 without first going to the Ref MM2s?
Old 07-29-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renabot77 View Post
Thank you, Steve. It was very helpful. I have transparent cables and they really changed my system. I'm using the upgrade program now to get ultra cables. I hope to get a substantial gain in audio quality with this change
Excellent! Looking forward to your impressions.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519

Nice!! Just put of curiosity, which of ur cables are Ref XL MM2 & which are Ref MM2? Why did u go that route as opposed to all Ref XL MM2 or all Ref MM2? What are the sonic differences between the two? I'm currently at all Ref MM1 - one set if balanced ICs and one set of spkr cables. Is the difference between Ref XL MM2 & Ref MM2 so significant that I should jump to Ref XL MM2 without first going to the Ref MM2s?
Hi Saint.

The plan was to to go all REF MM2 all the way through, but due to budget restrictions at the time, had to go with a mix of XL & MM2. I am planning on upgrading though. The source cable from turntable to phono & phono to pre are MM2. From pre to amp are XL. The speaker cables are ref MM2. Both the XL & MM2 have similar characteristics, but the MM2 has noticeable difference. In a sentence, the MM2 has more of everything the XL has. More dynamic contrasts, more extended highs, greater, bass with greater texture, better separation of individual instruments within the soundstage. As weird as it sounds, the same music plays louder with the MM2 than with the XL. Both are really excellent cables. The biggest difference I heard by going to Transparent was that when I listen to music now, it doesn't seem like I am listening to a stereo.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanji

Hi Saint.

The plan was to to go all REF MM2 all the way through, but due to budget restrictions at the time, had to go with a mix of XL & MM2. I am planning on upgrading though. The source cable from turntable to phono & phono to pre are MM2. From pre to amp are XL. The speaker cables are ref MM2. Both the XL & MM2 have similar characteristics, but the MM2 has noticeable difference. In a sentence, the MM2 has more of everything the XL has. More dynamic contrasts, more extended highs, greater, bass with greater texture, better separation of individual instruments within the soundstage. As weird as it sounds, the same music plays louder with the MM2 than with the XL. Both are really excellent cables. The biggest difference I heard by going to Transparent was that when I listen to music now, it doesn't seem like I am listening to a stereo.
That is an interesting phenomenon. When I switched over to TA, I experienced the same thing. I thought I must be going crazy. The music was louder with the TAs in place even when the volume was at the same level as before the switch. I, too, feel much closer to the music now than wee before. I can't wait to update the Refs to MM2, then making the jump to Ref XL MM2.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:43 AM

Friends,

These ultra cables are awesome. I'm very happy with them. I came back to Brazil on Sunday and I installed them on Wednesday. Yesterday, I did the break-in and I was amazed with the results I have until now. Fantastic resolution, fantastic bass. I would like to thank everybody for the advices before the aquisition.

Regards,

Renato
Old 08-24-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renabot77
Friends,

These ultra cables are awesome. I'm very happy with them. I came back to Brazil on Sunday and I installed them on Wednesday. Yesterday, I did the break-in and I was amazed with the results I have until now. Fantastic resolution, fantastic bass. I would like to thank everybody for the advices before the aquisition.

Regards,

Renato
NICE & Congrats!! I'm so glad they've met or exceeded your expectations. Enjoy .
Old 08-24-2012, 03:43 PM

Thank you, saint. You helped me a lot. I´ll post more when the break-in process is over.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renabot77
Thank you, saint. You helped me a lot. I´ll post more when the break-in process is over.
That's awfully nice of you to say . Thx. I'm happy my input has helped. And I'm glad you're enjoying your system at a higher level. When I get to Brazil, I'll look u up & take a listen.