AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Hometown Section

Hometown Section Local Music Events, Get Togethers & Visits

Old 11-19-2017, 03:08 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Lightbulb Double AA'r visit yesterday!

Yesterday was a great day, as I had two AA'rs visit me in Cape Cod.

docmd2010 aka Aditya and Robc33 aka Rob

Aditya flew in from Ohio, and Rob drove here from Rhode Island. We spent the day listening to my different systems, and even did a Theater Demo, spun some vinyl, and had lunch.

I will let both Gents chime in and share their visit here. Thank you both for taking the time and effort to visit me!

I had a great time, and you are always welcome back anytime at all.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES

Last edited by Masterlu; 11-19-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:18 PM

My deepest gratitude for the opportunity to witness Ivanland North with my own eyes, and ears. It is truly a spectacle of sight and sound. I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said. All the kind words spoken about our gracious host are true in spades.
One of his systems is comprised of the same amps, and speakers that I have. I have been struggling to get mine dialed in properly, and have considered selling my speakers. After hearing the Ivanized version, I know what the gear is capable of, and will be holding on to mine tightly until I get them dialed in. Ivan hooked me up with some Stillpoints for my pre-amp, and amps to start me on the journey. I look forward to improving my system with his help and expert guidance. He genuinely cares that we get the best level of enjoyment out of whatever type system we might have. Thank you very much Ivan! You are a true gentleman.
Rob
Parasound JC-1s (3), A-21
Kharma dB11-s Mains, Cremona M (center) Grand Pianos (rears)
JL Audio Gotham G213 V1(1) F-112V1(1) F-112V2(1)
Clearaudio Innovation Wood, Benz Micro Gullwing SLR Dynavector XX2 MK2 Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
Audio Research Ref 2se phono
Lumin X1
Lumin S1
Oppo-205
AudioQuest Hurricane HC, Tornado HC(2), and Thunder HC, Diamond RJ/E
PS Audio P-10(2) AC-3, AC-5, AC-10 PCs.
(6) dedicated 20 amp circuits, (6)Furutech outlets.
(1) GDX-DR-NCF, (2) GDX-D Gold, (3) GDX-D Rhodium
AZ Absolute Copper, and Clear Day Audio solid silver Bal ICs.
WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables.
Rob
Old 11-19-2017, 04:56 PM

Default Double AA'r visit yesterday!

Ivan

It was a true pleasure to meet you and your wonderful family yesterday.

You were such a kind host. It was very nice of you to take me out of to lunch as well!

I enjoyed hearing your different systems. They are built with extreme, almost unhuman, attention to detail.

The things that impressed me most, in no specific order:

1. Your reference Aida system, some of the best sound I have heard.
2. Those Canton speakers upstairs. For sub-20k speakers those are quite spectacular.
3. The goldfinger statement cart. Simply wow. I haven’t heard analogue like that. Ever.
4. The backroom of your theater. Holy eff. The wiring in that room is jaw dropping. And so extremely organized. Ivan you should post some pictures of the back of your mcwall so people can appreciate it.

Thanks once again!

Here’s a picture of Ivan in the back room!!

IMG_4628.JPG
Nordost Odin 2 cabling
Clearaudio Master Innovation with Goldfinger cartridge
Esoteric E03 phono
Esoteric D02X
Esoteric P02X
Aurender W20
HRS SXR-Signature 4V X 2 rack
Incoming: Magico Q15 subs (2)

Last edited by docmd2010; 11-19-2017 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Enlarge photo
Old 11-19-2017, 08:41 PM

Sounds like a great visit. Ivan, that wall of cables is awesome - you should pack a bag of cable ties and go on the road to help us mere mortals get our cables organized
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 11-19-2017, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robc33 View Post
My deepest gratitude for the opportunity to witness Ivanland North with my own eyes, and ears. It is truly a spectacle of sight and sound. I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said. All the kind words spoken about our gracious host are true in spades.
One of his systems is comprised of the same amps, and speakers that I have. I have been struggling to get mine dialed in properly, and have considered selling my speakers. After hearing the Ivanized version, I know what the gear is capable of, and will be holding on to mine tightly until I get them dialed in. Ivan hooked me up with some Stillpoints for my pre-amp, and amps to start me on the journey. I look forward to improving my system with his help and expert guidance. He genuinely cares that we get the best level of enjoyment out of whatever type system we might have. Thank you very much Ivan! You are a true gentleman.
Rob
Rob,
Any thoughts on what you need to do “different”? Is your stand up to the task given your amazing speakers and the rest of your system? I do believe that vibration needs to be aggressively managed.
Speakers: Salon2 with F113v2 x 2
Analog: VPI Avenger Reference with Ortofon A95 and Esoteric E03 phonostage
Digital: Silenzio and Esoteric K03-x and G02
Power Management: PS Audio P10 x 2, P5
Cables: WW PE7 SC & IC, Furutech Flux-50 Filters
Rack: HRS SXR Signature
Old 11-20-2017, 09:37 AM

Looks like a fun getogether guys!

I'm always impressed by the cabling in that "room"... yowza
Old 11-20-2017, 09:51 AM

Notice the acoustic panels on the left hand wall. That man knows how to pay attention to detail, as if the cable management did not give that away.
Speakers: Salon2 with F113v2 x 2
Analog: VPI Avenger Reference with Ortofon A95 and Esoteric E03 phonostage
Digital: Silenzio and Esoteric K03-x and G02
Power Management: PS Audio P10 x 2, P5
Cables: WW PE7 SC & IC, Furutech Flux-50 Filters
Rack: HRS SXR Signature
Old 11-20-2017, 10:18 AM

What a soiree. Compliments gents you must have had a phenomenal time!
Old 11-20-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtroo View Post
Rob,
Any thoughts on what you need to do “different”? Is your stand up to the task given your amazing speakers and the rest of your system? I do believe that vibration needs to be aggressively managed.
Tim, my first thoughts are speaker placement, and room treatments. I have tried to get this right on my own for about a year now. I have finally given in, and I'm flying someone out from Denver in a couple of weeks to help with that.
I have concentrated on getting the best equipment I could afford, figuring that was the best way to start. Seeing that just 3 years ago, I had a Yamaha surround sound receiver that didn't even have HDMI, and I was using Radio shack speaker wires, I was very skeptical about high priced cables, vibration devices, etc.
Now that I have gear that will allow one to hear the differences in such devices, I am coming around.
To answer your question, I don't know about my racks. They were very inexpensive. I am waiting to find where my speakers are going to be placed when set up properly, as I am planning on taking my 2301s out of the racks, and placing them close to the speakers on the floor, on some decent amp stands, with some upgraded speaker cable. Hopefully in a 4-5 foot run.
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Stillpoint Ultra SSs from Ivan, for placement under the amps, and hope that I hear enough of a difference for me to justify investing in some good stands. I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestion you might have.
Parasound JC-1s (3), A-21
Kharma dB11-s Mains, Cremona M (center) Grand Pianos (rears)
JL Audio Gotham G213 V1(1) F-112V1(1) F-112V2(1)
Clearaudio Innovation Wood, Benz Micro Gullwing SLR Dynavector XX2 MK2 Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
Audio Research Ref 2se phono
Lumin X1
Lumin S1
Oppo-205
AudioQuest Hurricane HC, Tornado HC(2), and Thunder HC, Diamond RJ/E
PS Audio P-10(2) AC-3, AC-5, AC-10 PCs.
(6) dedicated 20 amp circuits, (6)Furutech outlets.
(1) GDX-DR-NCF, (2) GDX-D Gold, (3) GDX-D Rhodium
AZ Absolute Copper, and Clear Day Audio solid silver Bal ICs.
WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables.
Rob
Old 11-20-2017, 11:56 AM

From that pic I was most impressed with the mini-split to keep the gear cool.