AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Tannoy Speakers

Tannoy Speakers Over 80 Years of Audio Invention

Old 05-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Against the Tide

Default Tannoy Kingdom Royal loudspeakers from soundstage.com

Tannoy Kingdom Royal loudspeakers from soundstage.com
Munich High End Show

The 1" supertweeter possesses a plasma-bonded coil and a magnesium-coated ceramic cone, all powered by a neodymium magnet system.

The Kingdom Royal speaker also features some unique fine-tuning controls for getting it to sound just right in your room. For instance, you can alter the level of the tweeter and supertweeter, as well as contour the crossover slopes for the bass drivers, using the system shown above.

Coverage of High End 2010 from Munich, Germany
Old 05-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Against the Tide

TANNOY AT HIGH END 2010Exhibiting at the Munich High End Show (M.O.C 6th – 9th May) and located in Atrium 4, Room F112, Tannoy is launching Kingdom Royal; a new flagship loudspeaker representing the sum of the famous Scottish loudspeaker manufacturer’s rich heritage, cutting-edge technical innovation and world renowned acoustic engineering. The high performance, sumptuously finished, Definition range will be on show too.
A true no-compromise design, Kingdom Royal brings together a new series of Tannoy reference components, a radical new cabinet and the finest quality materials throughout. From the high gloss wood veneer and Italian leather trim to the all-new 12" Dual Concentric driver with its cryogenically treated 3" HF dome and compression motor, every component represents the pinnacle of materials technology and the summit of Tannoy’s technical excellence. The result is unsurpassed acoustic performance, ultra-low colouration, high efficiency and musical integrity unmatched by any other loudspeaker on the market today.
Kingdom Royal brief specification:
Frequency response: 24Hz – 54kHz (-6dB)
Sensitivity: 96dB (2.83V @1m)
Impedance: 8 Ohms
Power handling: 300 Watts RMS, 1200W peak
Dimensions (H x W x D): 1275 × 585 × 600mm (50.2 × 23.0 × 23.6”)
Weight: 120kg (265lbs)
A great opportunity to talk directly to the manufacturer!
Members of our sales, engineering and design team will be on hand to discuss any products from our residential speaker range.

Tannoy - News==
Old 05-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Against the Tide

From whathifi.com
MUNICH HIGH END SHOW: Tannoy aims high with Kingdom Royal

08 MAY 2010

Tannoy Kingdom Royal: £35,000/pr

Four years of research and development have gone into Tannoy's new high-end loudspeaker, the £35,000 Kingdom Royal.
With an eye to the Far Eastern market, where the company's Prestige range, and especially the original Kingdom model, have proved popular, the new Royal version is making its debut here at the High End Show in Munich.

While the Prestige range is known for harking back to the classic large Tannoy speakers of the past, the Kingdom Royal is an all-new design, from its cabinet to its driver array – the word 'radical' features a lot in the company's press material.

At the heart of the speaker is an all-new 30cm Dual Concentric driver, using a new ultra-light, ultra-rigid main cone with a massive motor system and a 7.5cm horn loaded compression driver with its own 1.5kg ferrite motor.

The treble unit's domes and voice-coils are individually tested and cryogenically treated, which is said to 'relieve residual stresses in the microstructure of the dome and reduce crystal boundary imperfections in the voice coil for greater naturalness and emotional communication of the music."

The crossover between the two is at a very low 700Hz, ensuring vocals are handled by the new tweeter, and at 16kHz the Dual Concentric hands over to the speaker's SuperTweeter, which runs up to 54kHz and uses a dome vapour-coated with a thin ceramic layer for high internal damping and low coloration.

Below the Dual concentric sits a 38cm multifibre bass driver, giving the speaker extension down to 15Hz, and the drivers are linked by a double-decked crossover, again cryogenically treated and mounted on a free-floating suspension system.

The cabinet is build from high-density fibreboard and birch ply, and finished in a combination of wood veneer, deep gloss lacquer and smooth black satin, along with Italian leather for the SuperTweeter's dispersion panel.

Each speaker weighs 120Kg, and the Kingdom Royal will go on sale this Summer.
Click here for our Munich High End Show video report
Old 05-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Against the Tide

Old 05-19-2010, 09:03 AM

I'm not sure if I'm crazy about their looks, but I'd still love to hear them.

HT: Marantz AV7005, W4S Mini MC-5, Custom Waveguide Towers, SVSPB12-Plus/2
Old 05-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Brian.......Very impressive looking speaker. You don't really get a feel for their size until the last photo. These babies are hefty. They are also very efficient, with 96 dB at 1 watt. I like the looks, too. I would like to hear them.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 05-19-2010, 10:49 AM

Dan,

I agree. Indeed imposing but subtly beautiful too (to me). I believe the looks will grow on as time passes by.

Not only would I like to hear them, they could definitely replace the Westminsters as they are smaller ..... 23 inch vs 38 inches for width on my "choice list". 2 feet is not a lot of space for me to accommodate.

Cheers!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:30 AM

I like the sound of the previous Kingdoms. But I still think the Prestige line is more my taste although i could warm to these Kingdom Royals
Old 05-20-2010, 01:09 PM

I would love to hear these.....

Dave
Old 05-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Merry Christmas to all

The more I view this photo, the more I like the way the Tannoy Kingdom Royal loudspeaker looks. Aesthetically, the speaker has some very attractive lines. I want to hear these.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A