AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Sports

Sports Place for all to discuss different sports

Old 04-21-2009, 12:43 PM

Default NHL PLayoffs

Now that we're deep into the first round I figured I'd start a place for us hockey fans to rant and rave.

First rave, I don't think you can be a fan and NOT appreciate Alex Ovechkin's enthusiasm and love for the game. You can see how much pure joy there is when he's playing.

First Rant - With the exception of Saku Koivu most of the rest of the Canadiens are whiny, classless cheapshot pussies. Especially Lapierre and Komisarek. And yeah, I'd have no problem saying so to their face. And to the Montreal fans who love to boo during the US National Anthem, well, best I don't even go there! Wonder if the team reflects the fans or vice versa?

Second Rave- Go Brooons! Sweep in progress.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmtpa View Post
Now that we're deep into the first round I figured I'd start a place for us hockey fans to rant and rave.

First rave, I don't think you can be a fan and NOT appreciate Alex Ovechkin's enthusiasm and love for the game. You can see how much pure joy there is when he's playing.

Second Rave- Go Brooons! Sweep in progress.
Deep into the playoffs?? Geez, the Wings still need to win 14 more games to bring the Cup home again.

Yes, Ovechkin is special. I would like to see a Bruins - Wings final.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:07 PM

Well, this is deep for the Bruins, it's been a while since they made it out of the first round. Bruins-Wings would be a good final.
Wings are looking good, are the Blue Jackets really that bad?
San Jose is pulling their annual choke, I don't see them coming back. While there are some talented teams I think the Bs and Wings may be playing the best right now.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:30 PM

We will see how the Blue Jackets play at home tonight. I think they are surprised at the level of play in the Playoffs.

Anaheim is playing really good now and a hot goalie can carry any team. I do not like that the Wings have to travel to the West Coast at some point to get out of the West.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:45 AM

The travel is defineitely an advantage in the east. I think the Blue Jackets are just glad to be there, they don't really know what it takes to make a push. Clearly the Blues didn't either. Looking for the B's to sweep tonight. Wings looked really good in the highlights I saw. The Ducks could do some damage, and Vancouver is also looking good. Maybe I have rose colored glasses on, but I think the Bs can take the East, I just don't see anyone playing at the same skill and intensity level. I expected more from the Habs.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:54 PM

A good example of where the Jackets inexperience shows was during last nights game. Columbus was upset about a wicked clean check by Brad Stuart. So one of there defensemen checked a Wing to the ice behind the Blue Jackets net, while the fans cheered and the player stood over the Wing Player looking down at him, the Wings centered the puck in front of the net where the defenseman should have been, and Zetterberg scored. Three -zip at that point.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:13 PM

I saw that on the intermission highlights on Versus and was thinking what the hell are they doing? This is my favorite time of year, hockey on every night, I won't see a network TV show for weeks now. Not that I'll be missing much!
Old 04-22-2009, 02:16 PM

PS- You and I must be the only hockey fans here! I love watching games and listening to my rig at the same time. Every now and then the music and action synch up. It's pretty cool, it's happened on more than one occasion with Layla and Shine On You Crazy Diamond.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:21 PM

I think you are right , I love this time of the year, the playoffs are great. Hockey in Hi Def on a big screen, wow. I do not watch much TV either, the only show I do not want to miss is Two and a Half Men. The show cracks me up.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:45 PM

Looks like the Bs are going to sweep out the Habs, 4-1 Bs after two.