AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Guestbook > Personal Introductions

Personal Introductions Feel free to sign in

Old 10-08-2012, 04:51 PM

Default ausvic from down under

Hi guys.
I have been floating around this forum for several weeks now and it seems a very nice place to hang out. As the title indicates I am from the biggest island/continent in the world. Australia!

My journey into HIFI started about 15 years ago. My system prior to that consisted of an AIWA midi system which provided countless hours of enjoyment. A work colleague of mine at the time was a British ex pat who happened to be an audio engineer/mixer back in the UK. He introduced me to some very nice Rotel gear. My first serious components being all NAD which I cherished and enjoyed for about 2 years making a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 8.1's really sing.

Next up I sampled some of the new Chinese gears entering the market such as Jungson and Classic to name a few. Great sounding gear that was ahead of the NAD separates previously.

I felt I really hit the big time when I scored a Krell KAV pre and power combo with a Musical Fidelity CD player hooked up to a pair of ATC scm19 standmounts. Followed shortly afterwoods by a pair of Australian Lenehan Audio ML-1 standmounts.

It was about this time I joined up a local HIFI forum and began going to HIFI GTGs about town. Some of the gear I was introduced to simply made me melt at the knees!

Next up in my journey were Rogue Audio Athena pre and M-150 monoblocks powering some Acoustic Zen Adagio floorstanders. My source also improved with a North Star Design Sapphire SACD player which sounded sublime.

Vinyl was also entering the scene for me with my first turntable. A Rega P3-24 with Dynavector P75mk II phono stage. I was beginning to enjoy listening to music in a different format.

I then moved up to a Herron VTSP-3a tube pre and Conrad Johnson ET250 power amp. This was the time I upgraded to the mighty Acoustic Zen Crescendos. Shortly afterwoods I moved to a Conrad Johnson ACT2.2 pre and Premier 350SA power amp. Then out went the Acoustic Zens in favour of a pair of YG Acoustic Carmels. I was almost in heaven until my vinyl rig was elevated to a Transrotor Fat Bob S with Dynavector XX2.2 cart. This demanded an upgrade from the already great Dynavector P75 to an even better Herron VTPH-2 tubed phono.

It didn't end there as I soon upgraded my turntable to a TW Acustic Raven One with Raven 10.5 tonearm and Benz LPS cart.

Next up a Vitus RI-100 integrated amp with Vitus RCD-100 cd player graced my household. A Boulder 1008 phono enters the scene as well. My journey approaches the present now with the emergence of Crystal Cable Arabesque Mini standmounts and finally a Vitus SIA-025 integrated amp. That is until quite recently my turntable was upgraded again to a TW Acustic Raven AC. An Ypsilon MC16 step up transformer also appears to complement the Herron phono. It makes a huge improvement to the sound.

The icing on the cake are Symposium Isis racks that replaced already superb TAOC ASR racks.

Time to sit back, relax and just enjoy the music now as they say...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_7876.jpg (86.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7872.jpg (88.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7880.jpg (85.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7889.jpg (83.6 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by ausvic; 10-08-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Music Lover!

Welcome! You have some Awesome gear there. I especially like the TT.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Music Lover!

Also, forgot to mention. Put your gear up in the Members System Forum.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:03 PM

Welcome ausvic!

Beautiful gear and setup.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:23 PM

Thanks guys.
I really need a dedicated room like so many other fine systems I have had the pleasure of listening to. But I guess one has to make do with what they have got. A messy living room!

Excuse my ignorance but whereabouts is the link to the Members Systems Forum?
Old 10-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Music Lover!

Here ya go:

Member System Forum - AudioAficionado.org

I gave up my only bedroom for about 2 years to have a dedicated room. I slept on air matteress. Now I got into a 2 bedroom and have a bed again and a dedicated room.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:30 PM

Hello Victor! Nice to see you here I didn't know that you changed your speaker after you bought your YG Carmel's?
Source: Playback Designs MPS-5, Micro-Seiki BL99V, MA505 Mk2, Lyra Dorian, Denon 103D, RCM Sensor Phono Stage. Amplification: Cary SLP-05 pre, Cary CAD-211AE, SGR EL30S power, Marchand XM44. Speakers: Acapella High Violon, JL Audio F110 subwoofer pair. Pictures here
Old 10-08-2012, 07:06 PM

Welcome to AA Victor!!

Beautiful looking system!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:17 PM

ausvic... Welcome To AA!!! Great Looking System!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:24 PM

Welcome ausvic

That is some audio journey you have undertaken. Your current set-up is very nice. We would like to hear more about the speakers when you get time.

Jim