AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > D'Agostino Audio

D'Agostino Audio Master Audio Systems

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-05-2018, 04:33 PM
Bar81 Bar81 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 248
Default

I was wondering when you were going to get back on that horse If you do end up auditioning it, I'll be interested to hear how they compare to what you had before (M300?).
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-05-2018, 06:09 PM
PHC1's Avatar
PHC1 PHC1 is offline
Stream-O-Phile


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 23,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar81 View Post
I was wondering when you were going to get back on that horse If you do end up auditioning it, I'll be interested to hear how they compare to what you had before (M300?).
The only exposure to D’Agostino products I had in my own system was a trio of Momentum monoblocks for the Wilsons. Man that was sweet. Have not auditioned any since but that combo is deeply ingraved in my memory and still haunts me. Gotta hide the wallet somewhere from myself!
__________________
Main System Luxman D-06U Luxman L-590AXII
Prima Luna Dialogue HP Harbeth 30.2 40th anniversary
HeadphonesWoo Audio WA6 Audeze Deckard Prima Luna Dialogue HP ZMF Auteur Blackwood
Sennheiser HD600
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-05-2018, 09:52 PM
For The Love of Music's Avatar
For The Love of Music For The Love of Music is offline
Ultra-Fast 69
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Spanish Castle Magic
Posts: 1,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
The only exposure to D’Agostino products I had in my own system was a trio of Momentum monoblocks for the Wilsons. Man that was sweet. Have not auditioned any since but that combo is deeply ingraved in my memory and still haunts me. Gotta hide the wallet somewhere from myself!


A trio, like 6 monos? If so, for theater?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-06-2018, 12:05 AM
PHC1's Avatar
PHC1 PHC1 is offline
Stream-O-Phile


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 23,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
A trio, like 6 monos? If so, for theater?
No, three Momentum monoblocks. L/R/C with Bryston amps for the 4 other Wilson surrounds.
__________________
Main System Luxman D-06U Luxman L-590AXII
Prima Luna Dialogue HP Harbeth 30.2 40th anniversary
HeadphonesWoo Audio WA6 Audeze Deckard Prima Luna Dialogue HP ZMF Auteur Blackwood
Sennheiser HD600
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-06-2018, 12:28 AM
For The Love of Music's Avatar
For The Love of Music For The Love of Music is offline
Ultra-Fast 69
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Spanish Castle Magic
Posts: 1,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
No, three Momentum monoblocks. L/R/C with Bryston amps for the 4 other Wilson surrounds.


From the sound of it, pun intended, it must of been beyond belief
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-06-2018, 12:33 AM
PHC1's Avatar
PHC1 PHC1 is offline
Stream-O-Phile


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 23,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
From the sound of it, pun intended, it must of been beyond belief
Yes it was. The third Momentum amp was back in the gear closet with the rest of the amps. I don't even want to mention what it cost me to run Transparent reference cable from the back of the theater room to the Wilson Center channel. The whole project was just over the top and not something I would ever do again but it did sound awesome. Here is a short video of that setup. https://youtu.be/Ota9Qf9OY14
__________________
Main System Luxman D-06U Luxman L-590AXII
Prima Luna Dialogue HP Harbeth 30.2 40th anniversary
HeadphonesWoo Audio WA6 Audeze Deckard Prima Luna Dialogue HP ZMF Auteur Blackwood
Sennheiser HD600
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-06-2018, 01:17 AM
For The Love of Music's Avatar
For The Love of Music For The Love of Music is offline
Ultra-Fast 69
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Spanish Castle Magic
Posts: 1,926
Default

I have come across this before, now I know whose it was.

Anyway, that build left you with the experience to move forward with consideration towards a great combination of Sabrina’s and a Classic, and this time you are miles ahead in dollars with still a great sound, I can already hear it.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-06-2018, 01:23 AM
PHC1's Avatar
PHC1 PHC1 is offline
Stream-O-Phile


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 23,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
I have come across this before, now I know whose it was.

Anyway, that build left you with the experience to move forward with consideration towards a great combination of Sabrina’s and a Classic, and this time you are miles ahead in dollars with still a great sound, I can already hear it.
Absolutely. I had my fun with that dedicated room/theater but would never spend that kind of coin again. Would be perfectly happy with the Sabrina/Classic, in fact I was perfectly happy and grinning ear to ear with the PrimaLuna Integrated and my new Harbeth speakers. The combo is extremely musical and satisfying. Sometimes we just lose the essence of why we are in this hobby, which is to enjoy music and fortunately that does not have to cost a fortune!
__________________
Main System Luxman D-06U Luxman L-590AXII
Prima Luna Dialogue HP Harbeth 30.2 40th anniversary
HeadphonesWoo Audio WA6 Audeze Deckard Prima Luna Dialogue HP ZMF Auteur Blackwood
Sennheiser HD600
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-07-2018, 01:46 AM
doggiehowser's Avatar
doggiehowser doggiehowser is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,345
Default

I was told the Master 2 is basically a Momentum with a low(er) rent chassis.

Which makes it remarkably great value.

A flick of a switch makes it a 1000W mono block

The same source said the Progression is a more conventional architecture - not the one in the Momentum.
__________________
AcousSignThunderTA5000PurpleHeartNS WandMasterPearwoodII PSA DSD BHK ThielCS3.7SS2.2
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-07-2018, 01:48 AM
PHC1's Avatar
PHC1 PHC1 is offline
Stream-O-Phile


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 23,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiehowser View Post
I was told the Master 2 is basically a Momentum with a low(er) rent chassis.

Which makes it remarkably great value.

A flick of a switch makes it a 1000W mono block

The same source said the Progression is a more conventional architecture - not the one in the Momentum.
Very interesting, if, that is accurate information.
__________________
Main System Luxman D-06U Luxman L-590AXII
Prima Luna Dialogue HP Harbeth 30.2 40th anniversary
HeadphonesWoo Audio WA6 Audeze Deckard Prima Luna Dialogue HP ZMF Auteur Blackwood
Sennheiser HD600
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©Copyright 2009-2021 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Inspire By Dennis Had
Inspire By Dennis Had
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Dragonfire Acoustics
Dragonfire Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Add Powr
Add Powr
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase