AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 03-01-2015, 01:13 AM

Default Advice on DPC-6 and Sigma Analog Power Cords

Bought two of the Sigma PC's yesterday, Analog PC. DPC6 will be ordered soon, to connect to my Triton/Typhon.

Hope Caelin can provide some advice.

Using the Sigma Analog PC on a preamp (Ayre KXR20) and the other on a USB DAC(Ayre QB-9DSD). Would the Sigma Digital be more appropriate for the DAC - the DAC has analog and digital parts, so not sure. Previously used an Alpha Analog PC on the DAC with great results.

Should the DAC be plugged in to the Triton or the DPC-6? The DPC-6 will mainly power my MacBook, NAS, and Apple Airport router/switch.
System: Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon/DPC-6v2, Defender, Anaconda /Sigma power cords and interconnects, Linn LP12, Ayre P-5xe, dCS Vivaldi full stack, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Ayre MX-R Twenty, Wilson Alexia Series 2 Speakers
Old 03-01-2015, 09:28 AM

I have a DPC-6 breaking in at my dealers. Just arrived on Friday...I'll try it in a few days. From the other posts, I think the Sigma Analog for the DAC...but you'd have to try the DAC into the DPC-6 and Triton to see what's best. At least that was the advice I received and what I'll try.

As soon as I the DPC-6 into my system, and it settles down, I'll post my thoughts. I'm very much looking forward to it!

PS, I'll move my Anaconda 20amp zitron to the DPC-6 and The Triton (with Typhon) gets a Sigma HC. So I'll likely listen to the Sigma HC first vs the Anaconda Zitron...into the Triton. Then add the DPC-6

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Ayre MX-R
Cables: Transparent Opus MM2 Spkr, Opus Gen 5 Interconnect
Power Shunyata Triton/Typhon, Anaconda Zitron cords (x9)
Digital dCS Vivaldi DAC, Transport & Clock w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Schroder LT arm, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish & Lyra Atlas, Nagra VPS/VFS
Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)
Old 03-01-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
I have a DPC-6 breaking in at my dealers. Just arrived on Friday...I'll try it in a few days. From the other posts, I think the Sigma Analog for the DAC...but you'd have to try the DAC into the DPC-6 and Triton to see what's best. At least that was the advice I received and what I'll try. As soon as I the DPC-6 into my system, and it settles down, I'll post my thoughts. I'm very much looking forward to it! PS, I'll move my Anaconda 20amp zitron to the DPC-6 and The Triton (with Typhon) gets a Sigma HC. So I'll likely listen to the Sigma HC first vs the Anaconda Zitron...into the Triton. Then add the DPC-6 Speakers: Rockport Altair 2 Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Ayre MX-R Cables: Transparent Opus MM2 Spkr, Opus Gen 5 Interconnect Power Shunyata Triton/Typhon, Anaconda Zitron cords (x9) Digital dCS Vivaldi DAC, Transport & Clock w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Schroder LT arm, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish & Lyra Atlas, Nagra VPS/VFS Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)
I was thinking the same thing - move my current IEC19 Anaconda to the DPC-6, then put a Sigma HC on the Triton.
System: Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon/DPC-6v2, Defender, Anaconda /Sigma power cords and interconnects, Linn LP12, Ayre P-5xe, dCS Vivaldi full stack, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Ayre MX-R Twenty, Wilson Alexia Series 2 Speakers
Old 03-01-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
I have a DPC-6 breaking in at my dealers. Just arrived on Friday...I'll try it in a few days. From the other posts, I think the Sigma Analog for the DAC...but you'd have to try the DAC into the DPC-6 and Triton to see what's best. At least that was the advice I received and what I'll try. As soon as I the DPC-6 into my system, and it settles down, I'll post my thoughts. I'm very much looking forward to it! PS, I'll move my Anaconda 20amp zitron to the DPC-6 and The Triton (with Typhon) gets a Sigma HC. So I'll likely listen to the Sigma HC first vs the Anaconda Zitron...into the Triton. Then add the DPC-6 Speakers: Rockport Altair 2 Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Ayre MX-R Cables: Transparent Opus MM2 Spkr, Opus Gen 5 Interconnect Power Shunyata Triton/Typhon, Anaconda Zitron cords (x9) Digital dCS Vivaldi DAC, Transport & Clock w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Schroder LT arm, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish & Lyra Atlas, Nagra VPS/VFS Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)
In all the testing I have done, the DAC sounds best when plugged into the TRITON. You have a dCS DAC which I know sounds best into the TRITON.

Plug the clock and transport and any computer related components into the HYDRA DPC-6. This is what is was designed for.

The best PC for the DAC is the SIGMA Digital but some people, in some systems, "might" prefer the Analog version. You didn't mention what power cables you have on the clock and transport but those need a good noise reduction power cord also.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax4736 View Post
I was thinking the same thing - move my current IEC19 Anaconda to the DPC-6, then put a Sigma HC on the Triton.
Moving the Anaconda for use on the DPC-6 is a good idea.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
In all the testing I have done, the DAC sounds best when plugged into the TRITON. You have a dCS DAC which I know sounds best into the TRITON.

Plug the clock and transport and any computer related components into the HYDRA DPC-6. This is what is was designed for.

The best PC for the DAC is the SIGMA Digital but some people, in some systems, "might" prefer the Analog version. You didn't mention what power cables you have on the clock and transport but those need a good noise reduction power cord also.
All Anaconda Zitrons on everything including Triton and Typhon (umbilical) (amps to the wall)...I'll try the Sigma HC on my Triton first...then add the DPC-6 in using the my Triton's former Anaconda...and I guess I'll plus the DPC-6/Anaconda zitron into the Triton/Typhon

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Ayre MX-R
Cables: Transparent Opus MM2 Spkr, Opus Gen 5 Interconnect
Power Shunyata Triton/Typhon, Anaconda Zitron cords (x9)
Digital dCS Vivaldi DAC, Transport & Clock w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Schroder LT arm, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish & Lyra Atlas, Nagra VPS/VFS
Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)
Old 03-01-2015, 06:51 PM

Just installed a Sigma HC on my Ref 150 (into wall) and moved my Anaconda cx which was formerly there to my Ref 40 which feeds into a Triton (replacing stock cord there). The results are instantly better in all regards than my switch from the KT120s to the KT150s in the Ref 150. Indeed, this is the type of improvement I expected when switching tubes.
I now have slightly cleaner sound with darker blacks, wider and deeper soundstage and deeper bass. Probably more a result of replacing the stock cord on the Ref 40 with the Anaconda than the Anaconda-Sigma upgrade on the amp as there is no break in whatsoever with the Sigma. My guess is it will get better as the Sigma breaks in. Very satisfied.
Wilson Alexia V, ARC Ref 160M MkII,Ref 40,Ref Phono2SE, Shunyata Triton3, Typhon, Sigma PCs, ICs & SCs, Spectral SDR4000SV (w MIT IC), Belcanto PL1, Oppo 205, Marantz 2270 (tuner only):AudioDesk and VPI record cleaners, Furutech Demag & Destat; Stillpoint Apertures, TechDas AF 3S Premium with SAT CF9 and Kuzma 4pt 9" arms, Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Dynavector XV1-t stereo and XV1-s mono carts, Miyajima mono, Shure V15VxMR,
Old 03-01-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
Moving the Anaconda for use on the DPC-6 is a good idea.
When the Triton v2 is available, that's my plan.

I'm still wondering if the Sigma Analog PC was the right choice for my Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC. I could always use the power cord elsewhere if it isn't.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:02 PM

Caelin,

In a reference system, what cord would you recommend for the DPC to Triton power cable? I have the Anaconda available. I'm only running router, computer, and switch on the DPC.

Wondering if I would benefit from a Sigma HC, or if that's overkill.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax4736 View Post
Caelin, In a reference system, what cord would you recommend for the DPC to Triton power cable? I have the Anaconda available. I'm only running router, computer, and switch on the DPC. Wondering if I would benefit from a Sigma HC, or if that's overkill.
I do think Sigma HC would be overkill. The Anaconda would be ideal.