AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 06-06-2010, 09:50 AM

Location: Constitution State. Formerly known as the Nutmeg State

I am beginning to think we beat this dead horse enough already.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C220MC275 View Post
On the same forum, I have read one of the best description of the sound of the 2301's compared to the 1.2 Kws.
Here is the text in french for those who understand, and I will try to translate it my best for the others :

"je suis surpris que l'on parle aussi peu des MC2301. C'est pour moi la référence absolue. une douceur et une finesse dans une enveloppe de muscle. comme un félin, un tigre, capable de grâce et en même temps d'une force incroyable. Le 1,2kw est plus un taureau (mexicain, ceux qu'on voit dans leurs corridas, des bestiaux de plus de 750 kgs, certains font plus d'une tonne) la force absolue mais avec de la grace aussi quand même. Disons plus destinés aux amateurs de sensation forte genre montagnes russes. Les deux sont top mais j'ai une préférence pour le tube. entre autre moins fatigant à la longue (j'écoute deux à trois heures par jour en moyenne)"

Translation :

"I am surprised that so few people talk about the 2301's. They are for me, the ultimate reference. A sweetness and a finesse in a muscular body. Like a feline, a tiger, full of grace and at the same time, they are able of an unbelievable force. The 1.2KWs look more like a bull ( mexican, the ones you see in their corridas, more than 750 kgs, and some of them are more than 1 ton) the absolute force with grace also. Let's say they are more for people looking for intense emotions, kind of super 8 mountains.
Both are top notch but my preference goes to the tubes. Partly because I experience less fatigue with them ( I listen to 2 to 3 hours a day, average ) "

I could not say it better ! !
Je crois que s'il écoute deux à trois heures par jour en moyenne il doit acheter beaucoup de "tubes". Peut-être il achèterait des tubes fabriqués en Chine??

Translated means; "More money for me!"
Old 06-06-2010, 10:15 AM

Howie I am impressed by your French.
Where did you learn it ?
Old 06-06-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C220MC275 View Post
Howie I am impressed by your French.
Where did you learn it ?
Angleterre
Old 06-06-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
Angleterre
Amazing Dear !
Old 06-06-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc2 View Post

A million trillion calculations per second or a "ExtraScale" Supercomputer development is currently underway. The "Research collaboratory in partnerships" have been formed and look for a certain US based Technology company to continue to innovate and lead the way in Supercomputing!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Merry Christmas to all

You don't have to look inside a new McIntosh tube amplifier to see parts sourced from China. Take a good look at the 12AX7 tubes. "Made in China" is printed right on the outside of each tube. It is a world marketplace.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 06-06-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesuvius View Post
Actually we don't get the Israeli chips. The majority of our i5-i7, and even Xeon 3000 series models come from the Costa Rica plant now. Malaysia, to my recollection, was never a fab, but an assembly plant, placed there for OEM production.

Processors in the US >1year old probably came from the Malay plant, though, before they shut down the assembly.
Intel Code name Nehalem and Westmere Server processor chips (5500, 5600, 6500, 7500) as well i5 and i7 (PC) processors are FAB here in the US. . . Chandler AZ, Portland OR, and New Mexico. They are assembled and packaged in various geographies throughout the world.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
The problem isn't Wal-mart and others sell cheap, the problem is Americans buy cheap. American manufacturing is leaving America because of Amercans.

The above statement is oversimplified to an extent and not the only problem US manufacturing faces.
If however the bulk of the population would cease this whole mentality of ''Gotta have it now, what's the
cheapest you got''? we would see a decline in the acceleration of manufacturing loss.
This may be the truest statement on this thread. Now, Walmart and Home Depot and Costco are complicit in developing this attitude with a steady stream of very cheap and plentiful products.
MX-136, C2300, MC602s(2), MC207, MCD500, MS750, MR88, Pioneer Elite BR, JL Gothams (2), GR research LS6s and LS-9s soon, Wireworld Cables, Dedicated 20amp circuits, Lots of Cerwin Vegas and Onkyo gear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]