AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killergurt View Post
I am enjoying my system very much, still breaking-in all the new gear. I do think that I will try and find a used MB50 and just add it as an secondary streamer, I would be very curious to do a side-by-side listening test.

I am also trying to replace my 601s with 611's, been talking to my dealer, see how this pans out. Never a dull moment, but I just love it!
Wow! Your 601's sure had a short stint with you if you replace them. I think you are definitely an audioholic. Could be time for some rehab.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvis View Post
Wow! Your 601's sure had a short stint with you if you replace them. I think you are definitely an audioholic. Could be time for some rehab.

They say the LuFlu shot this year was not very effective. AA’ers, make sure you wash your hands after turning someone else’s volume control- else you’ll be trading your 601s for 611s, or WW Silver for WW Platinum, before you know it!
Dynaudio Heritage Special. Uptone Audio EtherRegen Ethernet Switch. Akasa NUC 10i7 with Roon Rock. Bryston BDP-3 Digital Music Player (with 4 Tb Internal SSD and Synology DS920+ NAS)-->Holo Audio May Kitsune Edition DAC-->Shunyata Sigma USB—>Gryphon Diablo 120 Integreted Amp w Transpatent XL PC. Oppo BDP-105D and BDP-203. Power: Shunyata Hydra Sigma S12 PD. Additional Cabling: WW Silver Electra PC, WW Electra PC, Shunyata Venom 3 PC. Digital: WW Starlight Ethernet, WW Gold Starlight AES-EBU, WW Platinum Starlight USB. IC and Speaker: WW Eclipse 8.

Bedroom System
Ipad with MusicStreamer App-->Schiit Jotunheim DAC/Amp—>Audeze LCD-XC, Focal for Bentley Radiance HO, Massdrop E-MU Teak HP. AK SE 200 DAP.

Mobile Survival Kit
Astell & Kern SP1000M. Noble Kaiser Encore IEM with Double Helix Balanced cable, Westone W80 IEM w ALOaudio Ref 8 cable, Westone W60 IEM, Shure se535 Ltd with Westone Bluetooth Wireless cable-amp. Mark Levinson No. 5909 Wireless HP.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:26 AM

Don, just curious, did you make a decision yet?
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 04-10-2018, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
Don, just curious, did you make a decision yet?

Still considering options.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:22 AM
Retired

Excellent read. Like Don, considering which way to go (though I'm going to rip my CDs to an external HD for travel). Doesn't matter which way one goes, some sort of interface is required (computer, iPad, iPhone, etc.). Physical media is so much simpler. Load the disc (CD, LP, tape) and push the button (or drop the tonearm). Roon, Tidal, streaming, DAC, etc. ............. decisions, decisions.

A question. If one simply wants to stream they would only need the internet, laptop (or other interface device), software & DAC. Is that correct?
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 04-10-2018 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
A question. If one simply wants to stream they would only need the internet, laptop (or other interface device), software & DAC. Is that correct?

The simplest way is using your phone and play via Bluetooth.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:00 AM
Audio Enthusiast

Quote:
Excellent read. Like Don, considering which way to go (though I'm going to rip my CDs to an external HD for travel). Doesn't matter which way one goes, some sort of interface is required (computer, iPad, iPhone, etc.). Physical media is so much simpler. Load the disc (CD, LP, tape) and push the button (or drop the tonearm). Roon, Tidal, streaming, DAC, etc. ............. decisions, decisions.

I got tired of the laptop routine Glenn and went to a separate NAS to store my files and a Bluesound player to play my files. This frees up my laptop for other ventures. My digital streaming is now a part of my stereo setup and not an add on when I need it arrangement.
Sources..........Music Hall MMF 9.3 Walnut w/ Goldring
Eroica LX MC Cartridge
Phono Pre...…..Sutherland Insight

CD Player Rotel RCD-1072
Record Cleaning Machine...….Okki Nokki
DAC................Bryston BDA-3
Headphones.....Drop + Dan Clark Audio Ether CX /
Sennheiser HD-660S
Headphone Amp.....Bryston BHA-1
Cables....Amp to preamp - Morrow MA4
Preamp to DAC - Morrow MA4
Preamp to Headphone Amp - Morrow MA2
Old 04-10-2018, 10:03 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
The simplest way is using your phone and play via Bluetooth.
Does that require a Bluetooth adapter of some sort at the stereo end of things and an app on the phone?
What level of fidelity does the Bluetooth option provide?
What are the limiting factors (quality of phone reception/signal?, etc.)?

Jack - how do you get the music into and out of your NAS device?
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 04-10-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:30 PM
Audio Enthusiast

Quote:
Does that require a Bluetooth adapter of some sort at the stereo end of things and an app on the phone?

Jack - how do you get the music into and out of your NAS device?
Glenn, the NAS device is plugged into my router via an Ethernet cable. When I download music using my desktop computer I have it routed right into the NAS. The Bluesound picks up the WIFI signal from the NAS. I control what I want to play using my tablet or smartphone.
Sources..........Music Hall MMF 9.3 Walnut w/ Goldring
Eroica LX MC Cartridge
Phono Pre...…..Sutherland Insight

CD Player Rotel RCD-1072
Record Cleaning Machine...….Okki Nokki
DAC................Bryston BDA-3
Headphones.....Drop + Dan Clark Audio Ether CX /
Sennheiser HD-660S
Headphone Amp.....Bryston BHA-1
Cables....Amp to preamp - Morrow MA4
Preamp to DAC - Morrow MA4
Preamp to Headphone Amp - Morrow MA2
Old 04-10-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:

If your preamp does not support Bluetooth, then you would need an adapter. If it supports Bluetooth all you have to do is to “pair” your phone or tablet to the preamp.
The quality of Bluetooth is not CD quality. It is better than MP3 but not 16/44. It works fine if you are not looking for the absolute best audio quality. But it can get you streaming in no time without much expense.
If your preamp is capable of accepting AirPlay (an Apple feature), then you can connect your Apple devices (iPhone or iPad or Mac) to your preamp via Airplay and start streaming right away. Airplay can stream CD quality audio but it will no stream high-def.