AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc

MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc Ultra High End Equipment

Old 02-03-2010, 11:53 PM

Default News On MBL

Just went for an audition of a complete Reference level MBL setup. Simply musical.

While listening to some nice music, came to know that MBL's original owner Mr. Melesky (correct spelling?) is no longer the owner of the company. It had changed hands. He is still with the company but as an adviser role.

There are also new changes to products. While in the past they had produce a Tuner, it had since been taken off. Now, a NEW Reference Level Tuner will be forthcoming PLUS new spectrum of colors on the products too.

Where in the past its only Black (with Gold) and Artic Silver (with Chrome), there is now a WHITE color added. In fact, the speakers can now come in many other colors, not excluding exotic wood and even leather finish!

A new brochure is also on plan.

Jim (Stillone), you got plenty "new" reasons to go for the upgrade! Seriously, the MBL111F is great sounding too.

Just sharing some updates.

Cheers
Old 02-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Media Server Aficionado

Who cares about a tuner when they have a new DAC coming that will take native 24/192 over S/PDIF, USB, or whatever? (The prototype that could only accomodate 24/96 over USB was at CES and was SOLID)

Embrace the new - out with junksound(tm) via FM/AM!
Old 02-04-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCC View Post
Just went for an audition of a complete Reference level MBL setup. Simply musical.

While listening to some nice music, came to know that MBL's original owner Mr. Melesky (correct spelling?) is no longer the owner of the company. It had changed hands. He is still with the company but as an adviser role.

There are also new changes to products. While in the past they had produce a Tuner, it had since been taken off. Now, a NEW Reference Level Tuner will be forthcoming PLUS new spectrum of colors on the products too.

Where in the past its only Black (with Gold) and Artic Silver (with Chrome), there is now a WHITE color added. In fact, the speakers can now come in many other colors, not excluding exotic wood and even leather finish!

A new brochure is also on plan.

Jim (Stillone), you got plenty "new" reasons to go for the upgrade! Seriously, the MBL111F is great sounding too.

Just sharing some updates.

Cheers
Jerry,

I like the white colour. Definitely what I would choose if it ever happens. Meantime please tell us all when your new MBL reference system is arriving!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
Jerry,

I like the white colour. Definitely what I would choose if it ever happens. Meantime please tell us all when your new MBL reference system is arriving!
Bro,

I am a very sad man today! No new gears. All my plans shattered because I have a row with my dealer - in the presence of my wife. And because of this, my "dirty linen" is now exposed.

So, it will just mean 2 things for me:

1. Take back all the gears I have before and set it up in my home and sell all the rest away. And be happy about it. The proceeds? Well, back to my wife's account!

2. Meanwhle "do my time quietly and wait for the right moment to strike again"

Meanwhile, tonight, I have a lot of explanation to do to my wife about what happened in the past 3 years on where and how gears comes and go! Of course, tie back to the monies.

Whether its the entire MBL Reference setup, a Meridian complete Stereo combo, Wilson, Magico, it will have to be 2011 or more before I have the guts to ever mention the word "buy, change, " again.

If not for this being a forum, I could have used expletives like "x*&%$#@*" about my dealer! He really sold me out!!!

So angry that I dont know what to do! Oh well, better be level headed and be nimble in mind! The night's going to be very long for me .......

Sigh!
Old 02-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Jerry.......I am sorry to hear this news. I told you that dealer did not have your best interests in mind. I'll say it......That dealer is an asshole! Now you know where NOT to spend money in the future.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 02-04-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Jerry.......I am sorry to hear this news. I told you that dealer did not have your best interests in mind. I'll say it......That dealer is an asshole! Now you know where NOT to spend money in the future.
Dan,

Thanks for the console. I really need that! Now taking a breather from all the "grilling" on accountability of my past purchases. Seriously, I still have my previous system intact - The Acapellas, The Jeff Rowland & The PS Audio Perfect Wave Combo.

Just that I am selling off every other gear that is in "excess". Oh well, you are so right about the whole thing. He had been all along leading me on .....

Well, the world is certainly not going to end here and I dont think my wife is not going to forgive me on my hifi integrity. Just that I am caught manipulating/down playing my purchase prices! Well, things will move on. Give a couple of months for things to cool down.

The system is not that bad at all. Just that I am itching for change and trying new gears! I will survive tonight's ordeal!

Ok, got to go back to the bedroom and talk things over. Then sleep over it! I will and I must. Tomorrow will definitely be a better day!

Thanks for the kind words. Its really motivating and keeps me going. At least, you responded when I am so lonely and down not to mention, feeling like a big sucker!

Good Nite Dan!
Old 02-04-2010, 11:42 AM

Hang in there Jerry,,, we ALL feel your pain right now!
Old 02-04-2010, 11:44 AM

Keep the chin up Jerry and I hope it all works out.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:16 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about this.. Makes me think about my situation as well. All the best with it.

Round one to Chuck.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCC View Post
Dan,

Thanks for the console. I really need that! Now taking a breather from all the "grilling" on accountability of my past purchases. Seriously, I still have my previous system intact - The Acapellas, The Jeff Rowland & The PS Audio Perfect Wave Combo.
Jerry

That is not a bad system to be "stuck" with.

Jim