AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc

MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc Ultra High End Equipment

Old 06-23-2016, 10:34 AM

Default MBL / MC Conversation

I wanted to relay a very interesting conversation I had last evening.

I went on Music Culture's website last evening looking for a discussion forum and ended up following a link to their Facebook page. I took the opportunity to post a message about how much I am enjoying my MC speakers.

To my surprise a gentleman from the company replied back to me. We proceeded to have a very nice conversation.

I mentioned how a member of our audio club owns a full MBL system and how all of the members love the system but believe that MBL is out of their price level. If they were more aware of MC they might be able to get similar performance at a much more affordable range, however most had probably never heard of the line. The name is not known at all in the US, but it should be.

He relayed back that they are in search of a new distributor in the US. Their former retired and left them with no distribution in the US. Their equipment may be bought straight from the website.

We discussed the need to promote MC in the US. We also discussed ideas to updating the website to make it more accessible for US purchases (pricing, downloadable information, manuals, etc.).

Sven said he will try to get some information to me so I can have it available for our next audio club meeting.

Anyway, I thought it was a very interesting conversation and thought some on here might like to hear about it.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:41 PM

The website can certainly use some help. The equipment looks lovely but details are entirely lacking. It could also use editing to clean up the copy. As it stands, it's hard to get one's arms around the offerings apart from their pedigree and nice cosmetics.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:32 AM

I know, this was the point I was trying to get across, especially if they wanted to promote their equipment in the US. The little speakers are amazing... my dreams of getting KEF Reference speakers are gone for now ...

The equipment does look remarkably similar to many MBL pieces...
Old 06-24-2016, 12:40 PM

I followed you and was simply supporting your conclusions. It's always baffling to me that many manufacturers don't get native language speakers to proof their copy, but it certainly isn't uncommon.

Not including a full range of specs however is a major oversight. I'm curious what US list prices are on MC's products. Without specs and prices, it's hard to know where a product might fall on one's "gotta have it" list, though I've no doubt these are carefully considered designs that are very well executed. As I see it, the web site, their only current point of contact with our market, is pretty much just a fluff piece whatever the quality of the products are and as I said, I've little doubt they are excellent.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:56 PM

That was a huge point I made with the gentleman. Without pricing or specs, etc., I don't see how anyone would be able to consider buying from their website. This was especially when he said the only manner of currently purchasing in the US was from the website...

Hopefully a new distributor and sales network can be setup soon for the US market ....
Old 06-25-2016, 04:20 AM

is it a joke, cd player looks like mbl 5011 pre. And no spec, no hint what sort of transport thy are using. its really upsetting. however i have seen the mini tower mono block on MBL dealership in Asia. i really don't felt like to go for an audition.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:27 AM

Hello Bengal, I am very aware that translation to English can sometimes be difficult, and unfortunately I am not completely understanding your post.

What I believe you are saying is that you agree the website does not give good information about the equipment, especially on the technical side. It does not delve into basic information such as specifications and type of transport that is being used, for example.

You find this a little disconcerting. You believe the MC equipment looks similar in many ways to MBL gear but because of this lack of information you decided to not listen to their amplifiers when you had an opportunity to do so at a dealership somewhere in Asia.

If I understand what you are saying then I 100% agree, the website needs to give more information such as technical specifications and pricing. I also agree that the equipment has a very similar design to many of the MBL pieces. This is not surprising since both lines are designed by the same person.

I can only say that I know their stand mounted speakers are fantastic and reviews I have seen at shows compared the entire line against many heavy weights, such as Wolfgang's former company, at a fraction of the price.

It is unfortunate that without a distributor in the United States, and with the state of their current web site with poor English translation at best, I do not see them making any in roads here. I say unfortunate because I am also 100% sure that once people found out how good the MC line is in comparison they may very well become a popular brand.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:18 PM

dear R. Myers,

i am glad that my msg catches your attention, sorry for my poor communication skill on english as its not my first language. however i believe i am able to convey my concern to you clearly. yes in the press there are not much about MC product. we are all in the dark about it. on top of it the MC web site is not that in depth informative, like for example esoteric. no internal picture and product detail. same like Siltech, one of my favorite cabling brand.

However i realize now i should've listen MC 811 as they were fully hooked up that time.

MC seems quite interesting to me now, their pre amp 611 looks awesome, i wish we could see some inner picture to feel what going in side of MC.

their power amp 812 is even more interesting as they have heatsink on the both side, where as MBL 9007, 9008 and 9011 all have one sided heat sink. if MBl has dual side heat sink and transformer placed in the middle, the output power will be mindblowig. however i have no complain about one sided heatsink as this design has other advantages too.

At the end when we looked to MBL we are buying the legacy, MC needs to project how its stand out from MBL. like KRELL and DanDAugostino.

i have nothing against MC, its my bad luck i skipped the audition.

Last edited by bengal_finch; 02-06-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:43 PM

Thank you and I believe I follow and understand your message for the most part. If it were not for a friend who works for an audio manufacture I would never have known about the MC line. I am glad that I have had the opportunity of owning a pair of their speakers. I wish for an opportunity of seeing their other equipment but unfortunately that does not appear to be possible in the foreseeable future.

They do need to improve their website and the information. I also believe it would greatly benefit MC to get distributorship and dealer network within the US. Either this or go the route the Goldmund has taken with the Job line and sell the product as the same quality without the glitz of the more known company.

Either way I would love to see some advancements in the MC line as far as marketing goes because I feel us consumers are missing out on a very fine line of audio equipment!
Old 02-16-2017, 08:42 PM

Developing the site would be easy. You should do it. Rick