AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Krell

Krell Leader in Audio Engineering

Old 07-15-2013, 01:12 AM

Started with Krell Showcase stack, Pre-Pro, Amp and DVD. Still have the amp. I just sent the amp to Krell for an overhaul and to go from 5.1 to 7.1. Now i am going to pair the new Foundation with the Showcase amp. I absolutely love this amp. It just opened everything up with my Thiel Powerpoints. The previous Marantz amp was just not in this league.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:24 AM

Default Krell B&W 800 BAF

I just purchased a Krell B&W 800 Bass Alignment Filter for my B&W 802 Matrix II speakers, but it has not arrived yet. I have an older Maughan Box but wanted to move to a fully balanced rig. Unfortunately, I need to source a second BAF in order to be able to do this.

Hopefully, one will turn up somewhere and this project will be completed. I tried finding a dedicated Krell forum, but, surprisingly, none seem to exist.

Swelfelo
Old 10-19-2013, 06:29 AM

Default Answered Prayers--Second Krell BAF

After months of searching everywhere, I sourced a second Krell B&W 800 Series BAF. My baby arrives on Tuesday, which means that I can run them in balanced mode. My entire system runs balanced only and the B&W original filter and Maughan Box I still have were not going to work because both of these are just single-ended.

I have yet to hear the first one I bought, so this will be really exciting to have this opportunity. Up until now, I have attempted to replicate the bass enhancement with a Behringer equalizer but I have not been altogether satisfied with my subjective efforts to tune the bass enhancement.

I will comment further on the sound aft6er everything settles in fully.

Swelfelo
Old 11-15-2013, 03:29 AM
I don't know a thing!

I remember drooling over the showcase 7.1 and resolution1 speakers at ABT. I loved going to that store... I listened to a pair of FPB400 at a friend of a friends place and was soon on a mission to find a pair I could call my own. Ended up my first Krell was a pair of Evolution 400 mono's and a s-1000. That opened the flood gates

Krell EVO 707, Krell EVO 600(3), B&W 800D, B&W HTM1D, Submersive F2(4), SOtM tX-USBexp>>Berkeley Alpha USB>>Berkeley Alpha DAC2, PsAudio PPP, PsAudio Soloist Premier SE..Nordost(CAST), Cardas clear, Shunyata, Billy Bags, Symposium, GIK acoustics\IEM:Westone ES5, Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo, RSA SR-71B, Toxic Cables
Old 03-12-2014, 04:48 PM

My first Krell equipment includes a Foundation, Evo 2250e and KAV 500 for HT. I couldn't be any more happy.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:16 AM

My first Krell was also 2250e. Then I tried phantom III with it and fell in love with Krell sound. Now, I have moved on to Phantom with a pair of 400e. I'm having the best time listening to my musical collection. I also own a Foundation for HT and I feel it is a superb processor. Enjoy!
Old 03-13-2014, 12:24 AM

My first Krell was the KSA-300S. I heard it in the 1990s in Soundworks, a shop near DC that had great gear, and left impressed with the Krell room. I bough a mint unit in 2012, but its sound was disappointing to me. It was like it was stuck in third gear. I sold it and moved to Pass Labs which I enjoy.