AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 04-07-2014, 02:15 AM

JM, I am very happy for you.

All systems indeed can be "upgraded".
You just need time and money and the most important thing : " mind freedom ".
Old 04-07-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
I will come back with great pleasure.
You have to come to listen to the Harbeths first. With Jean Marc.
BTW, since you're really investing now in your system, I think that you should give a call to the seller of the JA100 monoblocks. 100W of Jadis class A power will probably outperform the Snappers musicality. They are on sale at the incredible price of 4300 euros for the pair. ( more than 16k euros new ! ). The owner is in Paris 16. Maybe that you could try them in your system.
I've found the ad for the JA100. They look interesting, I'd love to hear class A in my system. I'll contact the seller though I wasn't planning on changing the Snappers so soon. I doubt I will be able to listen to them this month as things are crazy at work. Maybe I'll find some time next week.

It seems that your recent experience with Jadis is a very positive one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Marc jmajma View Post
First of all, since it's the Georges'thread, I have to say he is a fabulous new friend; he is the man I wish everyone has for friend.

In the afternoon, I came back to my system....same effect than saturday, WWOOAAwWW.... and after dinner, another jumping from Patricia BARBER, to Stacey Kent, Shelby Lynn, Eric Bibb, Clapton's Unplugged, Johnny Cash, Jimmy Buffett, Ronnie Earl, Neil Young ....and hundred others till 1 AM....
Jean-Marc, I feel that same about you and I very happy to have met you and Jerome. I enjoyed spending the afternoon playing with your system and realizing how far I can still go.

I know you want to see if this is not just the effect of novelty but I can assure you that it will only improve. One qualifier I didn't use last time was 3D and this is a feeling I only had on very high end system such as Ivan's or with the top of the line Accuphase. With the P10, it's like you've added surrounds in your room and the sound has increase in volume. The soundstage is not larger, it is wider ! We are inside the music.

I still have in my head that Masekela track. I was truly blown away by this one.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:33 AM

Exactly, Georges, we spoke about 3D effect with this ad. It's the feeling we got, remember the applause on Clapton's Unplugged, and then the female voices and the organ.

Moreover, I think the sound is TOTALLY improved in a better way; for bass for example, I find them to be a little bit more punchy, dynamic; it ads to the feeling of woaww; it's not huge, nor it's subtle. Just what needed.

In the same way, for the voices, I find it's a little better at the grain, the deepness and the little micro informations (tongue's noises, , the breathe of the singer);once again, it's not huge at the point to be caricatural, it's just what makes you think: I didn't hear that before like this, I heard it, but it was not that good,that real.

Do you remember the Al Jarreau's Your Song (Elton John) version: goosebumps for me, I listened to it again yesterday, same effect...
And Paul Simon's Homeless and other tracks from Graceland LP album.

Yesterday, on Patricia BARBER Café Blue LP, cymbals and piano were to die for, like her voice, the bass and the drums....a magical mystery tour in the audiophile nivarna of deliciousness!

And BTW, I totally agree on Hugh Masekela's Stimela....fantastic, not less!

To make it short, there are a lot of little better in many domains (soundstage in its wideness and deepness,impact of the bass, precision in the mids and highs as if you put on your glasses), which in the end make a VERY HUGE improvement in sound .

More to discover next days I guess... thank you again Georges.

(How's the Dayto on your wrist?...) Congrats.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:39 AM

This is an upgrade that works on the whole system from the bass to the highs. Everything is improved.

Graceland and Masekela are in my shopping cart and I just need to check out. And yes, I had goosebumps the whole time.

The Dayto is great ! I can't stop staring at it. I understand why there is such a myth around it.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:01 PM

I agree with you guys wholeheartedly!!!! PS Audio regenerators must be experienced. I find it difficult to express in words what you guys have conveyed so well. I can only say my system is performing at a level I didn't know would be possible simply from upgrading my PPPs to a P10. My P10 is powering my entire system other than my 2nd subwoofer (power cord can't quite reach P10). EVERYTHING has improved. Truly remarkable product!

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion
Old 04-22-2015, 11:37 PM

What a smooth system, happy listening.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyhiG View Post
What a smooth system, happy listening.
Thank you FlyhiG

I should update the thread after all the changes made recently in the system