AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 11-01-2014, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanji View Post
I sent my Reference MM SC to be recalibrated when I changed my amps. They did not damage it. Same for the phono cable. You have to pack it carefully. Getting it back in the original box is quite difficult I must say.
Hi,
Actually I mean, I don't believe they do the re- calibration on existing box. From the way they securely seal it and the actual material cost (cheap) of casing and RLC inside, I think they just build the new box to match new gear and ditch old box rather than wasting time to carefully open it, removed epoxy sealant and many man-hour of handcrafting.
Still OPUS Sc is my highest dream.
Toga.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Hi,
Actually I mean, I don't believe they do the re- calibration on existing box. From the way they securely seal it and the actual material cost (cheap) of casing and RLC inside, I think they just build the new box to match new gear and ditch old box rather than wasting time to carefully open it, removed epoxy sealant and many man-hour of handcrafting.
Toga.

Handcrafting in Maine defines Transparent.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
Hi the Balanced cable will have one more conductor...this I suspect costs a "little" more. The real reason for the 2x price is the 2nd network. This is where they feel their R&D costs and ability to charge more come from. I agree it's a little frustrating. On the other hand...Tranparents cables sound pretty good. And it's a free market...you don't have to buy it...we all have choices. I made my choice for Transparent... Speakers: Rockport Altair 2 Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Ayre MX-R Cables: Transparent Opus MM2 Spkr, Opus MM2 & Trans Ref MM MM2 Intcnct. Power Shunyata Triton/Typhon, Anaconda Zitron cords (x9) Digital dCS Vivaldi DAC, Transport & Clock w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Schroder LT arm, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish & Lyra Atlas, Nagra VPS/VFS Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)
I've tried many a cable during my audio journey and I, too, made my decision. I'm with you Jfrech, I'm staying with TA.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519 View Post
I've tried many a cable during my audio journey and I, too, made my decision. I'm with you Jfrech, I'm staying with TA.
Amen brother. I'm all aboard the Transparent train and I am not going to jump tracks.

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion
Old 11-03-2014, 12:19 AM

With the addition of a complete suite of TA PowerLink Premium Power Cords, 2 TA PowerIsolator MMs & a TA PowerIsolator 8, the soundstage has cleared up quite a bit, the sweet-spot widened quite a bit & the music is being presented in a far more natural fashion. I love what my system has become as a result of the TA additions.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:18 AM

Just ordered 4 more TA PowerLink Premium Power Cords. That'll round out the system with all TA Power Cords. I'm even upgrading the Meridian Sooloos power cord that feeds the outboard transformer (just like the ones that come with computers). Can't wait. The SRA Scuttle 3 was ordered 2 weeks ago & my TA Ref XL MM2 were all sent to TA for re-calibration for all the new equipment. The way the system sounds, I can't imagine it getting any better. But once all the new additions are in place, I'm sure it'll be epic. Stay tuned.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:58 PM

Hi! Has anyone noticed any sonic improvements in the series II vs I of the transparent reference digital coax? Is there a way to tell if the cable is series I vs II in its outer appearance?
Old 11-18-2014, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siglo vi View Post
Hi! Has anyone noticed any sonic improvements in the series II vs I of the transparent reference digital coax? Is there a way to tell if the cable is series I vs II in its outer appearance?
Great question. I'd certainly like to know too.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Hi,
Toga.
I agree, Toga. It would be too difficult chipping away all that epoxy surrounding the components in the existing box. Much easier to start from scratch.

Ken
Old 11-18-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siglo vi View Post
I have not heard the series 1 vs 2. However my dealer has...and preferred (and sold me other digital cables when was series 1) However the new version is substantially better...I got a chance to demo them (Ref XL Digital) and I bought em. Absolute sound has a review on them...they are really great digital cables.

Not sure you can really tell a difference...the box should denote it...

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Ayre MX-R
Cables: Transparent Opus MM2 Spkr, Opus MM2 & Trans Ref MM MM2 Intcnct.
Power Shunyata Triton/Typhon, Anaconda Zitron cords (x9)
Digital dCS Vivaldi DAC, Transport & Clock w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Schroder LT arm, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish & Lyra Atlas, Nagra VPS/VFS
Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)