AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 05-21-2014, 12:16 PM

Default JH's Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by teojjsg View Post
Will give this a miss then. Even the tubes behind the c3m does not look original. No longer have any dealers in singapore. That's the main problem. In fact JH from the states had given me some valuable advice and help for my ownership of shindo gears so far. Thumbs up.
Yes between Jonathan and Matt they are the gurus of the Shindo world. Both are extremely helpful and friendly.

k
Old 05-28-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Hi, need some advise on the below photos of a Shindo VR that i intend to buy used. The tubes look different from what i see on the web. Serial number is 037. Any gurus here can help identify if Shindo produce the VR with such tubes?Thanks.
This unit belong to me previously. You should have seem it at audio line? I sold to them. The tube are original c3m Siemen. It was remove after I learn from one japan company that the sound without the can is even better. Of course I did and confirm this. The can version tend to sound dark, the open up version is sweeter, more extended but the overall character remain the same.

The rest of the tube are original.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:04 PM
chief tube tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1chen View Post
This unit belong to me previously. You should have seem it at audio line? I sold to them. The tube are original c3m Siemen. It was remove after I learn from one japan company that the sound without the can is even better. Of course I did and confirm this. The can version tend to sound dark, the open up version is sweeter, more extended but the overall character remain the same.

The rest of the tube are original.
This is poor advice. The shield is tied to ground in the circuit - and is there for a reason.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchperfect View Post
This is poor advice. The shield is tied to ground in the circuit - and is there for a reason.
Your information is incorrect. The shield ( metal can) is not tie to any parts of the tube and not necessary to the ground depend on the circuit design. For the VR I can say it is nor grounded since I own it. Google the c3m data n you will see the fact and recommend circuit diagram. The shield is more for handling such that if drop, the glass will not shatter. As if why ken shindo use the c3m as original vs a naked unit? It is a lot more effort to remove the shield and the guide pin will be lost making it not easy to do replacement or swap. But for audiophile, we do everything possible things to get the best sound, this include change fuse, add feet, roll tube... Anyway, the c3m is easily available, I have spare units when I was using this VR n can swap in the canned c3m anytime. But at the end, I still prefer the naked c3m.

Last edited by S1chen; 05-29-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:39 AM

Thanks for the clarification Chen. I also noticed the mesh plate tubes behind the c3m. Those are not original tubes from shindo right? Any other mods you did to this unit? Finally, do you still have the original power cord and balanced cable that came with the pre amp? Cheers.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification Chen. I also noticed the mesh plate tubes behind the c3m. Those are not original tubes from shindo right? Any other mods you did to this unit? Finally, do you still have the original power cord and balanced cable that came with the pre amp? Cheers.
The mesh plate tube is the original that come with the unit. The power cord I pass to the audio line is the original and it is nothing special. There is no balance cable that come with the preamp.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1chen View Post
The mesh plate tube is the original that come with the unit. The power cord I pass to the audio line is the original and it is nothing special. There is no balance cable that come with the preamp.
The original cable was selected to be used with the preamp. Although one reviewer reported improve not with a new cord (Jules with Harmonix, I believe), all report it to be an excellent match.