AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Chinese High-End Audio

Chinese High-End Audio Doge, Eastern Electric, Jungson, Psvane, Yulong

Old 04-26-2013, 08:34 PM

Also, something to replace the Squeezebox Touch, since Logitech has stopped making it. A great, affordable streaming device...... maybe even with tubes. Also a higher end model, not unlike the Transporter with state of the art DAC's, USB link to HD and computer, DSD, and able to play such streaming as MOG, Spotify and Pandora...
Old 09-04-2013, 11:53 PM

Has anyone here heard the 218 Mini integrated amp?
If so please share your impressions.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Bun E. Carlos

Default 219ia?

Price or has anyone heard?
Old 02-20-2014, 02:01 AM

Tempted with 219iA, any issue (built, quality) with this amplifier? My general perception of chinese product is their reliability, so can any user enlighten me before i pull my trigger. tq
Old 02-28-2014, 08:24 AM

Line Magnetic is not your usual Chinese Product.
These Amps are top drawer, quality, sound and reliability wise.
Nothing to touch them at their present prices which are sure to rise once their magic becomes better known.

A friend has the 219A driving his Klipsch Horns and it one hell of an amp. If only I could afford one. You are not going to get anything remotely close to this amp for the price.

I myself have the 211IA which has been used for 6 to 8 hours just about every day for close to a year.
It has never missed a beat.
Hell no one here could come anywhere near building me an amp like this, to such a standard, and for anywhere near the money.
Of all the ones sold by our distributor in this country, not one has had any problem at all.
And not one has come up for sale, which says it all.

Last edited by oros; 03-04-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:44 PM

+ 1 on the LM gear. I can't imagine doing better than my 211IA at it's price point. Excellent build quality too. I'm driving a pair of Spendor 3/5's in ultra linear mode. Oros- Have you played with tubes at all. (-: Cheers -Don
Old 03-04-2014, 11:48 AM

Hi Don, no as yet have not tried messing with the tubes yet.

I do have some Opera Consonance Cyber 800 Mono Blocks which have EH Big Bottle 6CA7's in them so really there is no excuse not to play.

The 211IA accepts only EL34's or 6CA7's. Kt77's I believe not, as the impedance is different to the EL34. Have read about one guy doing it but frankly I would not.

Where I live in South Africa things are not so easy if you wish to play. What with distance lousy postal service and careless and crooked Customs.

I am going to swop out the Power valves on it this week and will report my findings.

I have the Line magnetic driving some Klipsch KG4's. Absolute magic vocals in Triode.
And it rocks in Ultra Linear.
The Operas are doing duty on Vandersteen 2CE signatures with an Audio research SP16 pre.

Truth be told The Line Magnetic is more than equal to those Amps.
In some ways I prefer it.
But to be fair, if you want some wellie out of the Vandies the Operas do a better job.

Here is an amp that cost me the equivalent of $1300 new they are a bit cheaper here than in the States. Up against Amps and a Pre that cost me $6000+.

I could happily live with the Line Magnetic as my Amp on this system.
That says something, nothing else I have had that is affordable comes remotely close.

I have played with the 6922's and the 5687's in the Cyber 800's and quite honestly it was not worth the bother or the expense, nothing wrong with the origional Chinese Valves.

Line Magnetic and Opera Consonance are two Chinese companies that can compete sound and quality wise with the best the world has to offer. They have certainly got them beat in the bang for buck stakes.

But I do not think this will last for much longer the better Chinese stuff is a bargain now, but as things go the prices are sure to rise.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:10 AM

Here are my impressions on the EH 6CA7's as opposed to the fitted Chinese EL34's branded Line Magnetic. In my Line Magnetic 211IA Amp.

Will keep it brief:
Speakers Klipsch KG4
CDP Denon DCD1460

A much darker sound, more bass, flatter sound stage, less sparkle.
Seems to have more punch.
Very different sounding, a bit to much of the Valve type sound, if you know what I mean.
Not my cup of tea at least not with these speakers.
If You feel your speakers to be bright and bass shy it might be the ticket.
I do not consider the Klipsch KG4's bright or bass shy.

Think I will stick to what is in the Amp, it sounds great just as it is, these blokes who made it seem to know what they are doing.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:43 PM

Oros- Thanks for sharing. You might consider the SED Winged C's. A bit on the expensive for new production, but I like what they do over the Stock EL34's. A bit more transparent, refined, and relaxed sounding. They may not be available for long, as I understand. The Tungsol's are supposed to be very good, but I haven't heard them. I'm with ya! I can't see
an integrated near it's price bettering the 211. Cheers -Don
Old 03-10-2014, 09:16 PM

Spent a day at my dealer's home over the wknd with the Line Magnetic’s Replica Western Electric Theater Speaker System and it's one of the best speakers I've ever heard. It was driven by Shindo 300B monos, pre and Lamp L5 Dac. Everything we played sounded so natural and organic.

I also demoed Auditorium 23 SoloVox with a LM integrated amp and it was very good. This was my 1st exposure to LM and very impressed with their sound and build quality.

I've concluded I need high efficiency speakers before going with tube amps. I can't believe how powerful 8 wpc can sound on the right speaker.