AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aurender

Aurender Reference Music Servers

Old 12-12-2011, 10:44 PM

Thumbs up Aurender Music Systems by WideaLab Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiot servant View Post
maybe not exactly what you asked for Kevin but given that maybe near the top of the digital tree the difference between 8k and 15k might not be a giant return in SQ IMO what if you went for a top flight 32 bit DAC like the new Playback Designs - MPD-3 off a Mac Air or Auraliti USB transport Auraliti Home, and also a Modwright modified Oppo 95 for SACD, Video and CD... might even be good going out of a stock Oppo 95 into the Playback Designs DAC... and you'll probably even have enough left to get in some nice new cables etc... there's also been a bit of good feedback on the new Aureander server as well Widealab Inc. and just found a bit more info... this is one sexy looking server Digital Audio Blog: Widealab Aurender Digital Music Player and Computer Audiophile liked it too 2011 California Audio Show Report | Computer Audiophile ... given more and more hi-res downloads and the likelihood that even itunes could eventually go over to 24 bit as the major record companies stop releasing mainstream CD's (according to the latest news on the site) then maybe worth considering... just a thought and only a 2 cents one at that...
Graham

I had the opportunity to audition an Aurender S10 yesterday. This unit I have to say is now the best media player I have ever heard. I have kept my options open here, have talked up the formidible & value-for-money Bryston BDP-1, looked at the aging Bladelius Embla, checked Olive, hoped for a McIntosh announcement... So now I will be getting an Aurender, no doubt. The build quality is exceptional.

The demo unit was using the DACs of the Esoteric K-01. The importer tells me he has had the S10 up against a number of competitive products like the Meridian Sooloos. They claim it sonically outperforms anything solidstate out there not to mention anything that spins.

Inbuilt 2TB HDD storage. 64GB SSD for replay. The replay is instantaneous, you don't even know it is performing copies for solidstate playback. It streams from NAS too via 1GB ethernet. Not that you really want to do this but the feature is there. IPad controlled. Linux. 24/192 playback but apparently will upgradeable to 32 bit playback formats. FLAC, WMA, WAV, AIF etc.

Dealer prefers ripping to WAV as he is a purist. Claims that he has noted sonic differences with lossless formats that unpackage on ultra high-end setups.

It comes in black or silver or silver/black fin and apparently black/silver fin. The blue metered AMOLEDs are a beautiful match for any McIntosh gear, particularly the MCD1100 DACs via AESU/EBU. (Nothing like the LEDs on the upcoming MC8207). There are other meter colours to match too, eg Denon. The AMOLEDs can also be switched to track album/artwork.

S30 3 x 2 TB RAID or capacity. R10 additional external clock support if you wish.

A definite winner with models at different price points.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aurender Brochure.pdf (3.21 MB, 53 views)
Old 12-12-2011, 10:52 PM

http://www.audioaficionado.org/digit...ender-s10.html
Old 12-12-2011, 11:43 PM

Jerry also started another post on this unit. I have been considering it since I saw a write-up on Computeraudiophile and one in Hi Fi News. This one looks like a winner.

Jim
Old 12-14-2011, 06:03 PM
That's a Deusy !

Sounds good and it has great styling too !
Marantz( UD8004,AV8802a ), Oppo udp 203 JLAudio Fathom F-110, B&W( 802 series III , FCMS8, SCMS8) . WireWorld Eclipse 6 xlr(7) Sliver Eclipse 5.2 HDMI (3) electra 5.2 powercords . HRS Nimbus , lg 55 Oled Nvidia Shield PS Audio PPP

System 2 Panasonic G25 Marantz av8003
Old 01-08-2012, 11:46 AM

Has anyone heard this compared to the QSonix? I know someone who bought the QSonix over the Sooloos, thought the QSonix was clearly better.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:04 PM

I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a music server because it's a FAST moving market.

Preamps/tuners:McIntosh C50, C46, MR88, MR73, C2200, C22ce, Cary SPL-98L
Integrate amps:McIntosh MA6100, Denon PMA2000ivr
Amps: McIntosh Mc602, Mc2000, Mc275 MK-V, Cary 805ae mono blocks.
Speakers: JMLab Mezzo Utopia, Focal Twin6 BE, Tannoy Mini Autograph
Headphones: Sennheiser HD800, Beyer T1, Denon D7000, Grado RS1i, Sony MDR-SA5000, MDR-Z1000, AKG K701, and many many more
Digital Sources:Sony SCD-1 & SCD777es, CDP-XA7es, 2010 Mac Mini Music Server, Amarra Mini player, Musical Fidelity V-Link & M1 DAC, Apogee Mini-DAC & Duet 2
Old 01-08-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Skier View Post
Has anyone heard this compared to the QSonix? I know someone who bought the QSonix over the Sooloos, thought the QSonix was clearly better.
Now that Meridian has upgraded their software so that they can handle 24/192 files about the only benefit Qsonix has is the ability to burn discs. I haven't seen the latest iPad interface for the Qsonix but it is supposed to be pretty good.
Jim
Old 01-08-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_AmTraX
I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a music server because it's a FAST moving market.
I agree.
Although the French magazine Haute Fidélité also reviewed it and consider it as the best server ever made.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado
Old 02-18-2012, 12:50 AM

Another review on the Aurender server (this one by Jason Victor Serinus) which compares the S10 to the Auraliti L1000 from Demian Martin... won't spoil the outcome but still interesting reading tho...

WideaLab Aurender S10 Music Server

Graham
Old 02-19-2012, 06:39 AM

Looks very good versus the Soolos and competitive in price!