AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Photography

Photography Digital & Film Buffs here

Old 03-28-2014, 09:45 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Default Comparing the X-Pro1 and X-T1

Thought I would run a "controlled" comparison between the X-Pro1 and X-T1. Both shots were taken using the same 18-55 lens and camera settings (RAW, ISO, DR, aperture, etc.) from the same tripod position a few minutes apart, so lighting differences should be minimal. Both were converted from .RAF to TIFF with the same conversion settings in Iridient Developer as neither Capture One or Lightroom presently support Fuji RAW (.RAF) file conversion. Same sharpening preset from Thomas Fitzgerald was used on both images in LR 5.1, and Clarity set to 10 on both images.

The X-Pro1

The X-T1. This shot had a mild curve adjustment to bring up the quarter-tones to match the X-P1 as closely as possible.

All in all, they are quite similar given the X-T1 uses a newer Fujifilm X-Trans II sensor and the X-Pro1 uses the original design sensor.

Differences I see are that X-T1 images appear a bit contrastier and slightly more saturated than the X-Pro1.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:56 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Twin Porsches...

Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:03 PM

Stephen,

Thank you for sharing all these details on the Fujifilm cameras / lenses!
Your posts and photographs have played a decisive role in the choice of my new camera.

I wanted something lighter and faster than my old Canon equipment, but was undecided what to do (stay with Canon for the sake of the lenses, or go for a different brand altogether) until my husband Bart sent me the links to your posts.

We went "scouting" and the Fujifilm X-T1 with XF 18-135 3.5-5.6 moved to the top of my wishlist. Bart offered it to me for Valentines day and I've been "playing" with it ever since.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:37 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Hi Meza!

That's great news! Congrats on the Valentine's Day gift and the world of Fuji X-cameras; they really are wonderful photographic instruments; they provide so much joy in the process of making images.

Recently, I've been really enjoying using my little fixed-lens Fuji X100T, which has evolved into a really lovely little camera.

Some shots at work...

Enjoy!

Best,
Stephen
Old 03-01-2015, 04:42 PM

I have used the XT1 for two sessions gear photography, both in poor light conditions w/o additional light nor flash.
First session was lasst weekend when Bart and I met up with Georges in Lille for a listening session of a tube based system at Halgorythme. I had no idea that tubes would be so photogenic!
Today the second session at Alpha High-End "Cost is no Object Show".

I am happy as a little kid in a candy store with the XT1 :-)

cheers,
Meta
Old 03-12-2018, 06:34 PM

I still have X pro1 with fujinon 23mm prime lens and Zeiss wide angle lens 32mm 1.8 x mount . I really like the choice of negative film simulation options like Provia,Velvia,Astia that I am familiar with back on those days...Image1520894081.556058.jpg