AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > General Speaker Discussion

General Speaker Discussion Calling all Speakers

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Dragon_vibe... Welcome to AA!
Thank you masterlu, Its my pleasure to be here.

I am wandering and figuring out why would you need so many power amplifiers :-) for 2 speakers?
Old 03-09-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_vibe View Post
I am the person who gave Ryan (Vapor Audio Owner) 21,000 dollars to be one of the first to order his new Speaker line: Perfect Storm. Based on a 4 months completion time line he had first given me, i went ahead and paid it in full. Its been now 13 months and i have now requested my Refund. He promised to refund me the money once the speaker is built or when he finds a new buyer. However i can not accept this term anymore. I am frustrated, disappointed and fedup with the delays. If he had told me it will take approx 14 months to completion i would not have gone down this route. I have given him more than enough time and simply now want my funds back. I have requested, for $10,000 dollars paid within 10 days and have allowed him up to 6 weeks to pay the rest to give him time to gather the money. He has yet to respond to me however i am hoping he will refund the payment and keep his word or at least start the refund process. If he values his customer im sure he will understand and agree. I have been more than patient on this matter. I did promise him if the payment is refunded soon as possible i will remove my comments against his business on this forum and Audio Circle to keep things fair. I have no intention to destroy his business reputation. So as promised to him i will do this if his payment has been refunded to me as long as he keeps his word this time. I did not have intention to post on this forum but vortex has done it already. I would also like to say to Vortex to refrain anymore comments about vapor and Chris till Ryan responds and hopefully responds with the 50% refund payment.
While I understand your ultimate desire is to get your money back not having a fair warning to others seems a bit irresponsible. Think about what's your going through and would you want someone else to go through the same thing?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:04 PM

Oh just realized its used for your home theater. The cap cod system presented 2 speakers.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:08 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Oh just realized its used for your home theater. The cap cod system presented 2 speakers.
Correct, I displayed all the gear in one room; the 2-Channel room.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 03-09-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBattles View Post
While I understand your ultimate desire is to get your money back not having a fair warning to others seems a bit irresponsible. Think about what's your going through and would you want someone else to go through the same thing?
It is his lively hood and maybe just maybe, this is a one off situation that has occurred. I am trying to show empathy and understanding. This speaker line was not in production at that time, he did not have the funds to fund it.

I paid in full to help him out based on his words, but did not realize it will take so long as he said it will only take 4 months. I am just fedup and wish to walk away and hope he does not do this again in the future to anyone else.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:35 PM

When I bought my Vapor Audio Cirrus it was quite the ordeal. Terrible quality control for a 6k monitor. The 14 month wait that the guy on Audio Circle is going through is nothing new. 21k upfront is on a completely different level and don't believe for a minute that the customer was EVER on board with the wait time he has endured. Vapor was selling an idea and was waiting for someone to come along to fund the idea. The guy was suckered in when Vapor said 4 month wait. That is their carrot!

It's hard to believe that yet another guy has come along wanting this much speaker from a DI brand. It is defenitely a leap for sure.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
It is his lively hood and maybe just maybe, this is a one off situation that has occurred. I am trying to show empathy and understanding. This speaker line was not in production at that time, he did not have the funds to fund it. I paid in full to help him out based on his words, but did not realize it will take so long as he said it will only take 4 months. I am just fedup and wish to walk away and hope he does not do this again in the future to anyone else.
Well, if this is how he does business then maybe he should be in business. If you don't have enough to fund production plus R&D then one should seriously rethink their business model. Anyway, I don't mean to beat you up over this but I we, consumers, take this stance with companies (big or small) then nothing will ever change and people will continued to get ripped off. I am truly hope you get all of your $21K back. If it were me I would not be so nice about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:49 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBattles View Post
Well, if this is how he does business then maybe he should be in business. If you don't have enough to fund production plus R&D then one should seriously rethink their business model. Anyway, I don't mean to beat you up over this but I we, consumers, take this stance with companies (big or small) then nothing will ever change and people will continued to get ripped off. I am truly hope you get all of your $21K back. If it were me I would not be so nice about it.
Nor me
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 03-10-2015, 12:48 AM

This is the only post I'll make regarding this issue. Ivan, you can confirm that I signed up before the drama started. Chris told me about this forum, and I was quite excited as a competition shooter to have a forum where I could discuss audio and shooting.

I'm also posting from a phone, so forgive typos.

Vortrex has no dog in this fight, other than his personal obsession and being banned from audio circle gives him no other outlet. He is literally obsessed with me, as evidenced by his year+ of postings around the internet, the truth is far different than he represents. He couldn't make a case on audio circle why he's carrying such a personal grudge, his only resort was hostility, and thus was banned.

Dragon also intentionally misrepresents because he thinks putting pressure on us is the proper way to handle the situation. But reality is every custom builder of any item works how we do, you put us to work on your custom build and that item is yours. If you want to back out, that can happen after I find another buyer for your build that you comissuoned. But when I have around $15k tied up in your build, you don't get to walk away free of repercussions. Acting like the victim on the web doesn't change that reality.

We've been in business since 2008 with right around 250 pair of speakers shipped. Vortrex and Dragon have made things personal, and are Working together to attack our legitimacy. All our other happy customers show we are not as they represent, in fact quite the opposite.

Right now I'm in Greenville, SC where I just delivered a pair of speakers. The customer is in love, and tells me for the first time ever his wife is in love. After this, to Atlanta for another delivery. that's why I'm on a pho e.

I'm just going to ignore vortrex, he has issues. Dragon will get his refund, but torpedoing a new buyer isn't going to speed things up. And btw, these speakers will make their debut at axpona in just over a month. So they can both talk that we're liars, but very real they are.

the bottom line for me, I go to bed every night knowing that I have handled things the way they should be. Such is the case this time.I will go to bed tonight with that same feeling. We wouldn't still be in business after 8 years if we conducted ourselves the way they represent. we have far far far more happy customers, but yes we do still make mistakes. the only time things get to this point is when customers mke it personal

I understand realities can be complex at times. but our only concern is happy customers at the end of the day.when I get back home, and have an actual keyboard in front of me, maybe I will post more detail. But until then you are all free to choose what you believe. either we are liars and scammers and have somehow managed to stay in business for 8 years. Or these cases are outliers and the vast majority of our customers are happy ones
Old 03-10-2015, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorz View Post
I didn't buy direct from Vapor but did deal with them when I had my Cirrus sent to them for a tune up and my interactions with them were perfect and prompt. The owner went as far as to put a new gloss finish on my speakers for free.
Buying these used is a completely different experience and I can understand your excitement. What kind of "tune up" does Vapor offer for the Cirrus?
Closed Thread