AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Time Pieces

Time Pieces Watch Collectors

Old 12-02-2009, 03:06 PM
License to Chill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
The new Tag would have to be modeled, right?
Haha. Isn't that what got Tiger into trouble in the first place?
Old 12-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Haha. Isn't that what got Tiger into trouble in the first place?
Jeff.......I'm thinking the Tigeress got bent, and clubbed Tiger when the model got Tagged.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 12-03-2009, 11:31 PM
License to Chill

The Tag Heuer Link Automatic arrived today. One quick observation is it's a lot lighter than my Omega.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tag.jpg (54.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Jeff.......The Tag Heuer Link looks great. Lighter can be a good thing. I have a Seiko Kinetic Titanium that I wore to work for years. Light as a feather, and tough as nails. Just got it back from Coserve, Seikos authorized service center. I had it cleaned, polished, and a new capacitor installed. Works like a charm, and keeps extremely accurate time. I set it to the US Government's atomic clock, and it hasn't lost a second in two months.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 12-04-2009, 12:44 AM
License to Chill

I'm probably just associating the heavier weight of the Omega with a better build. Which isn't necessarily the case. Out of the box, the Tag is a bit too big on my wrist. I'm going to take it into a jeweler tomorrow and have a link or two removed. While there I will play with some of their watches, preferably Tags & Omegas and get their opinion. I've never bought a watch online before and I'm just trying to reassure myself it's all good.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I'm probably just associating the heavier weight of the Omega with a better build. Which isn't necessarily the case. Out of the box, the Tag is a bit too big on my wrist. I'm going to take it into a jeweler tomorrow and have a link or two removed. While there I will play with some of their watches, preferably Tags & Omegas and get their opinion. I've never bought a watch online before and I'm just trying to reassure myself it's all good.
Be prepared for them to poop on you for buying online.

I took my Omega into the dealer I bought it from 10 years earlier and they did not want to help me unless I could prove I bought it from them and not online.

Oh, and they were not apologetic about it.

MX-136, C2300, MC602s(2), MC207, MCD500, MS750, MR88, Pioneer Elite BR, JL Gothams (2), GR research LS6s and LS-9s soon, Wireworld Cables, Dedicated 20amp circuits, Lots of Cerwin Vegas and Onkyo gear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by 2112; 12-04-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Serge have you dealt with these guys? They have great prices.

I went to my "local" authorized dealer who insisted that the knock offs have gone so far as to buy original factory bracelets and cases and use phony movements and other internals.

MX-136, C2300, MC602s(2), MC207, MCD500, MS750, MR88, Pioneer Elite BR, JL Gothams (2), GR research LS6s and LS-9s soon, Wireworld Cables, Dedicated 20amp circuits, Lots of Cerwin Vegas and Onkyo gear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-05-2009, 04:10 AM
License to Chill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112 View Post
Serge have you dealt with these guys? They have great prices.

I went to my "local" authorized dealer who insisted that the knock offs have gone so far as to buy original factory bracelets and cases and use phony movements and other internals.

You've got me a little nervous now. The replicas nowadays a scary good. On a side note, I did talk to them before I bought the watch. They have a stellar BBB rating. However, the prices are great, and the "if it's too good to be true..." saying has been gnawing at me. Hmmm...
Old 12-05-2009, 04:15 AM
License to Chill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112 View Post
Be prepared for them to poop on you for buying online.

I took my Omega into the dealer I bought it from 10 years earlier and they did not want to help me unless I could prove I bought it from them and not online.

Oh, and they were not apologetic about it.

Lol. I certainly don't want to be pooped on.

I never made it into the jeweler today. Too many other things to do. The watch is still in the box. Why am I having second thoughts? Buyers remorse perhaps? Again, I dunno...
Old 12-05-2009, 02:59 PM

Wabo,

Who did you use? I see several of the online dealers have stellar ratings. Shoot, I have purchased 2 new cars (1 over 6 figures) and a Lot of gear from what I would call secondary or gray market (not brickfront dealers) and have had not one single problem. I received stellar pricing and service from a certain website director we all know an love.

But.......

Something about watches makes me nervous. I love watches, Omega Seamasters to be exact. But the watch market has something the other two markets I mentioned don't. Volume. Lots and lots of Volume. World wide volume. The counterfeiters have more opportunity to make it worth their while to fake these pieces.

The $150 fakes don't bug me. They are obvious in every way. It is the fake that only an expert can determine that makes me nervous. Do they really exist or is the "authorized dealer" just using scare tactics?

I am just asking among friends (I trust) who will offer honest opinions or share their experiences.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]