AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Krell

Krell Leader in Audio Engineering

Old 05-07-2013, 01:32 PM

Jamshed, I compared 302e with 402e in my system and yes it has some more bass but it is baraley audibale. For me it did not jsutify the price difference at all. Somebody sells 402e now on a-gon for a decent price, but I still think 302e is a better choice overall (dont forget it has better damping factor than 402e) so contact Ivan for a new krell 302 - you will not regret, it is much better than 2250e, more of everything and more refined. If you want to hear real difference from 302e and up you need to go with krell monos. The 2250e will sinmply not shw true potential of your speakers, you end-up selling it. Go for 302e or monos
Old 05-09-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjazz123 View Post
Jamshed, I compared 302e with 402e in my system and yes it has some more bass but it is baraley audibale. For me it did not jsutify the price difference at all. Somebody sells 402e now on a-gon for a decent price, but I still think 302e is a better choice overall (dont forget it has better damping factor than 402e) so contact Ivan for a new krell 302 - you will not regret, it is much better than 2250e, more of everything and more refined. If you want to hear real difference from 302e and up you need to go with krell monos. The 2250e will sinmply not shw true potential of your speakers, you end-up selling it. Go for 302e or monos
I second myjazz123. For the money you can't go wrong with a 302e.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:17 AM

In my case, I would like to know if there is a huge difference between 302 and mono's series like 400 or 600 blocks. I'm looking for it to upgrade in multichannel system by adding 2 monos blocks for front and one stereo for center and center back, what do you think about that? Room will have a 40/50m2 surface with 3.0meter tall.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Froggy View Post
In my case, I would like to know if there is a huge difference between 302 and mono's series like 400 or 600 blocks. I'm looking for it to upgrade in multichannel system by adding 2 monos blocks for front and one stereo for center and center back, what do you think about that? Room will have a 40/50m2 surface with 3.0meter tall.
If you are supposed to use your system mainly for music go with the better Krell. Further up in the line you will get even more drive, control and musicality. The bas is already good but will be better. Not many speakers need the monoblocks to sing. The 402 can drive almost everything with control. The 302 I have never heard with bigger speakers, but the 402, I know, can tear down walls with any speaker I ever heard. It never gets tiered. But of course, mono 600...
If you use the multichannel ability for the most part of the time and you wants the monoblocks I suppose money is not a factor.
I' more concerned about the room. You will have some basproblems and according to the materials, furnitures and carpets you can have reflexes who will destroy timbre and get your ears tired.
If you will do this all in investment, pleas don't forget to deal with the acoustic in early stages. Diffusion (most important), bas absorbtion (2nd most important) and some general absorbtion, if needed, in the end.

1- Acoustic treatment.

money not a factor.
2- Evo 600x6 (7???)

Money is a factor.
2- Try at home, se what you think your selves. Hard to tell how it will work without testing.
Idea! Buy a evo 403e. 403e should make a good job and your 302e can do it in the back channels.
That would be a killer for both music, BD concerts and movie.

Good luck!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:20 PM

Apex orca,

Beautiful setup. Very clean and functional.

Money and space is a factor in my case so I have a 403E for R,C,L and 2 S275 for the rears and sides. I had considered the 400E mono blocks and spoke to Krell and they said that is not much sonic difference between the two.

At some point, I may consider the 600E.

Rich
Old 05-12-2013, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New guy View Post
Apex orca,

Beautiful setup. Very clean and functional.

Money and space is a factor in my case so I have a 403E for R,C,L and 2 S275 for the rears and sides. I had considered the 400E mono blocks and spoke to Krell and they said that is not much sonic difference between the two.

Rich
Hi Rich!
Heard the same from initiated people about the 400e mono amps. In this case compared to the stereo amp 402e.

If you have the evo 600 in mind, you could probably not get any better amps at all. (evo 900e should be good to...and EVOLUTION ONE...never heard them though.)

My setup is tuned to sound good with music in stereo.

When I look at movies I'm not that critical about the sound in the same way as with music. Perhaps I'm not equally interested in the sound then as I'am when I listen to music. I'm to "distracted" about the picture and content of the movie to appreciate the sound quality over a certain level.
With music it's a another game. The quality of musicality, timbre, the level of art, atmosphere and so on makes bigger difference in experience.

It's more important to go under the skin and really feel the music. Music is all about sound and the concentration is 100% on that. But in movies it is not. Pictures, content, popcorn and so on...
But that's me.

Last edited by Apexorca; 05-12-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Adding informtion.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:01 PM

I am new to AA, and wonder if anyone can tell me who is Ivan, and how to contact him, etc? He seems a nice guy, and does good things for Krell lovers! Thanks
Old 05-30-2013, 02:58 PM

Welcome krell lover kpchoong!
Old 05-30-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpchoong View Post
I am new to AA, and wonder if anyone can tell me who is Ivan, and how to contact him, etc? He seems a nice guy, and does good things for Krell lovers! Thanks
send a PM to MasterLu and he will respond. It's magic..