AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 11-27-2017, 08:37 AM

James,

I don’t have nearly as elegant a system as that above, but I wanted to add my thanks and praise for developing such great products.

I just bought a pair of Mini T’s from Audio Alternative in Ft. Collins, Colorado.

I’ve had them for a week now and all I can say is, “WOW!”

They replaced speakers I’ve had for 20 years. I thought I knew my music collection, but these speakers really bring out elements I’ve not heard before. They complete an almost all-Bryston system: BDP-1, BDA-1, BIT 15, 4BSST2, and a BP-26 and MPS-2.

I think it’s a pretty good system! Most people who I’ve played something for agree.

The most common reaction has been, “You’ve got to be kidding!”

Thanks again.

Terry
Old 12-13-2017, 08:26 PM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Audio Concepts – Dealer Feedback

December 2017

James, customer FINALLY hooked up 28B-Cube to his Bryston Model-T speakers.

He is getting rid of his McIntosh gear on his other systems. I just had the most positive conversation I've had in a while. He is waiting for me to get him a final price on a Bryston full active system.

Thanks for letting me sell those amazing heavy black objects you designed to a very happy man.

Brad
Old 01-27-2018, 09:16 AM

James,

I have an opportunity to pick up a set of model T's used in my prices range and in great shape.. How much power do you need to drive these?

Thanks, TB

Hi TB

How big is your room?

Probably 22x30. These speakers are probably too big. I am not going to blast the sound at crazy levels anyway.

I love the sound of your speakers for the clarity. I have listened to many pricey speakers and Bryson blows the socks off most of them including B&W., Martin Logan, etc. I have a pair of Mini Ts and am now looking for a pair of Middle Ts when a friend mentioned that he knew of a pair of model Ts in mint condition for sale. So I thought I would ask.

I just updated my power amp to the 300 watt NAD m22 v2 and thought that was too small to power them. Thanks for the reply.

Hi TB

Ok I think you will be fine for now - long term the 4B would be the perfect fit.

If your current amp is OK with the Mini T's you should be fine with the Model T's

james
Old 02-13-2018, 08:43 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston Middle T – Customer Feedback

February, 2018

Hi James

Sorry for my English, with help from google...

I love my Middle T`s bought from Lyric HiFi Oslo, Norway. Great service from Haavard and Bjørn Olaf!

The Bryston Middle T replaced Audio Physic Padua R. What I liked with my AP was the 3 dimensional image and the midrange quality that was very important to me, but my AP were relaxed and undefined in the bass.

When I heard Bryston Middle T at Lyric HiFi I found a substitute that I thought I would try at home.

The sound image was 3 dimensional :-) and a midrange that I liked but the Middle T was much more articulated than the AP. The Middle T reproduced lots of micro details in my music/records that I had not heard before, and the bass is very articulated and with punch.

I'm playing today with 4B3 with the preamplifier from B135sst2. Waiting to hear matching with BP17 3 cubed, as soon as Lyric gets one in the store :-)

Best,
Jan in Norway
Old 02-14-2018, 04:35 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini A Speakers – Dealer Feedback

February, 2018

James, we have a set of your amazing Bryston MiniA speakers on display (brought in several pairs for a customer's home).

WOW!!!

I cannot believe how clear and loud they are when pushed hard. Absolutely no signs of edginess or distortion when we crank the volume up excessively loud. Customers immediately start looking for the subwoofer when we demo them.

You really seam to have addressed what has been an issue with home speakers. When you ask a customer if they are looking for SQ or SPL speakers they usually tell a fib and not to look like a Neanderthal tell us "SQ" when all we want to know is how loud they may play them.

Listening is an emotional experience and when we find a song we REALLY like we may turn it up really loud.

Thank you for allowing our customers not just choose between "loud" or "lovely".

James, I haven't had this much fun with speakers for a long time speakers back in the day. Value, performance and excitement!

Bryston should be very proud.

Great job.

Thanks,
Brad Ferguson
Audio Concepts
Old 02-14-2018, 08:26 PM

So Powerful they'l crack your basement when Cranked!!!!

I Shit You NOT!!

Old 02-15-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeAllan70 View Post
So Powerful they'l crack your basement when Cranked!!!!

I Shit You NOT!!

You're kidding right - LOL

james

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 02-15-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:54 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston Model A1 Speaker – Customer Feedback

February, 2018

Hello James.

I can't tell you guys enough about how much I enjoy the Bryston A1 Speakers.

I've had people say the same thing. Where is the subwoofer? I understand they don't reach the lowest ranges, but what they do reach they do so well!!! Oh, they also do the concerts so well it's unbelievable how 3D the sound is. System doesn't get in the way. Just let's it all flow through nicely.

My system currently is the Bryston BP6 Preamp, 4Bsst2 (soon 4B3 or larger cubed series), and finely, the Bryston A1's.

Please pass this feedback on to the Bryston folks and thank them for producing a new standard.

Thanks again guys for doing stuff so well!!!

Ken.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:20 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speakers – Customer Feedback

February, 2018

Hi James,

Just purchased a pair of Bryston Model T speakers in Natural Rosewood.

I was all vintage before, Klipsch heritage speakers plus monster receivers. I just got sick of having to fix things all the time so I went more modern. Klipsch Chorus IIs were my favorite speaker but could be a tad bright and not enough bottom end.

I am currently running an integrated McIntosh MA8000 300wpc with options of 2, 4 or 8 ohms. Currently using 4ohm tap it does seem to eat a lot more juice so would you also recommend switching to 8ohm with this amp?

The Bryston Model T speakers are so easy to listen to. Love the bottom end … here's a pic - need a new stand though - on today's agenda.

Love the speakers … they sound fantastic and look just as good!

Thanks again James,
CY

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 02-18-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:16 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston A2 Speaker – Customer Feedback

March 2018

James

I have your A2’s set up in nearly an equilateral triangle with toe in to barely see the inside edge of the each cabinet. I was going to list all the material I covered over a two hour period, but instead will leave it generalized with rock, female and male vocals, jazz, blues and orchestral music.

Tonal balance and timbre are exceptional. Imaging dead on. The bass? Tight, punchy and deep. They aren’t at all fussy about placement that I could tell. They play loud and effortlessly. In many recordings, I just smiled to myself at the ability they have of disappearing and letting me see the event in my head—wonderful. Drums, piano, upright bass, strings, horns, you name it, they were all spot on. Transient swings were powerful and dynamic. They beg you to keep upping the volume.

I thought my old speakers were fantastic at detail retrieval, but these picked up every nuance and some I had never heard before in a natural way that was amazing. Piano sounds live and in the room with tinkling of the keys. Strings sing with a shimmering quality. Vocals are liquid and lifelike. Drums….well, you will have to hear them to believe how good they are. I could go on, but you get the idea. These Bryston A2’s replaced a pair of well-known and respected speakers from 1997 that originally retailed for $3,000 and in nearly every way the A2 bested them. I will agree with others that the A2’s are an absolute monster for the price.

James, this is a job well done and congratulations on turning out a fantastic speaker for the money. By the way, my 19 year old Bryston 4B ST never blinked and I believe could have pushed these speakers to near concert levels with ease. I was never tempted to push my preamp volume to more than -12 and really enjoying things at lower levels in the -15/18 range.

Given my experience, I would say the A2’s are in the league with speakers costing 2-3 times more.

I think that any improvement in the already very good ultra-high frequency area and you will have a “giant killer” rivaling speakers selling for even higher prices. I couldn’t be more impressed.

Thank you again, James.

Sincerely,
Jay