AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 03-18-2018, 04:37 PM

Default McIntosh Clinic is back in SoCal

LA Audio Society is hosting this event, here’s the scoop.

“FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
McINTOSH REVIVES FAMED 'McINTOSH CLINIC’
FOR LA AUDIO SHOW 2018

McIntosh, one of the most storied brands in audio, has revived its famed “McIntosh Clinic,” a free diagnostic service, exclusively for the LA Audio Show 2018 to be held in Irvine, CA June 8-10 at the Hilton Irvine Hotel, with a “preview” afternoon Thursday, June 7.

ThIs amazing June event marks the first time in nearly three decades that McIntosh has offered a free diagnostic clinic to the owners of its gear. This rare opportunity will be sponsored, supported and operated by the Los Angeles service center, George Meyer AV. The McIntosh Clinic will examine the brand's pre-amps, integrated amps and power amps and will include a spec check, minor adjustments, and tube testing at no charge and a free estimate of repair costs for more serious problems. LA dealer, The Source AV, and the Los Angeles & Orange County Audio Society are also clinic co-sponsors.”
McIntosh C2300 preamp, MC601 monoblocks (x2), Vandersteen 2CE Signature II Speakers, Marantz AV8802a preamp processor, Marantz MA500 monoblocks amps, Small Audio Manufacture (SAM) Turntable, Polk Audio Center, Rear Left and Rear Right speakers, SVS Front High Left and Front High Right speakers, Chrysalis Bass Matrix-12 Sub woofer.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:46 PM

Default McIntosh Clinic is back in SoCal

That’s really cool. I remember a local dealer used to do these and it was fascinating to watch (to me anyways). If anyone is participating, please post some pics and your thoughts.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:53 PM

Yep, grab your 601s and 1.2KWs, one under each armpit and head on over to the clinic!
Old 03-19-2018, 05:20 AM

I remember taking my C28 and MC250 to the Mac clinic back in the early 80s.
Glad they’re doing it again.
McIntosh C2300 preamp, MC601 monoblocks (x2), Vandersteen 2CE Signature II Speakers, Marantz AV8802a preamp processor, Marantz MA500 monoblocks amps, Small Audio Manufacture (SAM) Turntable, Polk Audio Center, Rear Left and Rear Right speakers, SVS Front High Left and Front High Right speakers, Chrysalis Bass Matrix-12 Sub woofer.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
free estimate of repair costs
Wonder how much this is out of the goodness of their heart and how much is a revenue and upgrade generator. My guess is they aren't just looking to do a free tune up of gear.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:01 AM

I think it's interesting that McIntosh is resurrecting its clinics. As I recall, the company originally would test any amplifier at its clinics - not just Macs. It sounds like that isn't the case now.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeds View Post
I think it's interesting that McIntosh is resurrecting its clinics. As I recall, the company originally would test any amplifier at its clinics - not just Macs. It sounds like that isn't the case now.
Back then nothing could touch their specs. They weren't worried.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Yep, grab your 601s and 1.2KWs, one under each armpit and head on over to the clinic!
Serge
You beat me to it.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:14 AM
Retired

Wonder if gearing up for this is a contributor to their service back-up at the plant in Binghamton? They might be better served keeping those techs/engineers at the plant working on the service backlog.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 03-19-2018, 09:38 AM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Wonder if gearing up for this is a contributor to their service back-up at the plant in Binghamton? They might be better served keeping those techs/engineers at the plant working on the service backlog.

My snarky thought for the day - Not unless they have been ‘gearing up’ since November of 2016...
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack