AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > D'Agostino Audio

D'Agostino Audio Master Audio Systems

Old 01-31-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp 1080 View Post
I am on the phone with Mike Latvis as I type this. He called me back while he's driving. We talked for over fifteen minutes! Now to make it clear that nobody else starts spreading hearsay, he just told me to use them on the Progression amps! He also stated it was possible he told someone else in a past conversation with different amps to not use them on THOSE particular amps as there was no improvement! I apologize if I burst the rumor bubble for some.

Vern
You're funny dude. A guy selling stuff tells you you should buy more of his stuff. I'm shocked... You're not bursting anyone's bubble or doing any other amazing work for charity. If the Progression is ringing that's poor craftsmanship for the price charged and maybe the plates do help in that regard. I only used them on properly constructed amps like the Ayre MX-Rs.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:40 PM
Lifetime audio addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar81 View Post
You're funny dude. A guy selling stuff tells you you should buy more of his stuff. I'm shocked... You're not bursting anyone's bubble or doing any other amazing work for charity. If the Progression is ringing that's poor craftsmanship for the price charged and maybe the plates do help in that regard. I only used them on properly constructed amps like the Ayre MX-Rs.

I mentioned that to me the top when tapped rings. Most users would not care. For me and my wallet which you don't control as I'm divorced I chose to use them. Back to the conversation he also mentioned that occasionally people posting on forums at times usually vendors have agendas also! I have used Ayre in the past and loved the sound when used in that system that is long gone and sold. I no longer have it and had small minor issues that I didn't have to bash on a forum to feed my ego. I get so tired of the "my dick is bigger than your dick" crap that happens here on forums. Just listen to music and chill out. you know as a fact that we aren't going to influence or change anyone's way of thinking so let it go. Be happy with your Ayre amplifiers they are a good product.
Speakers Wilson Audio Maxx 3
Cables Transparent Reference Gen 5
Equipment rack and amp stands HRS
Power conditioning Transparent
Power outlets GTX-D(G) Gold-Plated duplex receptacles dedicated 20 amp lines.

Last edited by Sharp 1080; 01-31-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:07 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
I mentioned that to me the top when tapped rings. Most users would not care. For me and my wallet which you don't control as I'm divorced I chose to use them. Back to the conversation he also mentioned that occasionally people posting on forums at times usually vendors have agendas also! I have used Ayre in the past and loved the sound when used in that system that is long gone and sold. I no longer have it and had small minor issues that I didn't have to bash on a forum to feed my ego. I get tired if the "my dick is bigger than your dick" crap that happens here on forums. Just listen to music and chill out. you know as a fact that we aren't going to influence or change anyone's way of thinking so let it go. Be happy with your Ayre amplifiers they are a good product.

Sing on Brother...Play on Drummer
Old 01-31-2018, 02:39 PM
Lifetime audio addict!

Default Ha,ha1

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
Sing on Brother...Play on Drummer

I have to go listen to that track off of Axis Bold as Love now that you have it running thru my head. I am anticipating the releases on UHQD and SACD in March!
Old 01-31-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
I mentioned that to me the top when tapped rings. Most users would not care. For me and my wallet which you don't control as I'm divorced I chose to use them. Back to the conversation he also mentioned that occasionally people posting on forums at times usually vendors have agendas also! I have used Ayre in the past and loved the sound when used in that system that is long gone and sold. I no longer have it and had small minor issues that I didn't have to bash on a forum to feed my ego. I get so tired of the "my dick is bigger than your dick" crap that happens here on forums. Just listen to music and chill out. you know as a fact that we aren't going to influence or change anyone's way of thinking so let it go. Be happy with your Ayre amplifiers they are a good product.
Dude. I have M400s and thanks, they're an awesome product. You chill yourself - this was never about dick waving until you decided to create non-existent conspiracies and appoint yourself as the ultimate arbiter of what's right. I mentioned that you should *try* the progressions without the plates, somehow you went off the cliff after that and decided that I was telling you that was the only way to do it. I really couldn't care less what you do; I'm more than happy where I'm at.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:28 PM
Lifetime audio addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar81 View Post
Dude. I have M400s and thanks, they're an awesome product. You chill yourself - this was never about dick waving until you decided to create non-existent conspiracies and appoint yourself as the ultimate arbiter of what's right. I mentioned that you should *try* the progressions without the plates, somehow you went off the cliff after that and decided that I was telling you that was the only way to do it. I really couldn't care less what you do; I'm more than happy where I'm at.
I think we understand each other now. I did not mention in my posts that I had the amplifiers for a week without having any type of damping on top. Thanks for the suggestion Bar81, I did try it. Without checking your sig I didn't know you had M400's which as I posted before don't have that issue as your amps are solid billet on top, the Progression are not. I have had both the Momentum M300's and now the Progression in my system. What confused me was when you said, "I only used them on properly constructed amps like the Ayre MX-Rs.". The attached photo is not my system so I am not self appointing. We all love listening to music don't we?

Last edited by Sharp 1080; 02-17-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:56 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
I have to go listen to that track off of Axis Bold as Love now that you have it running thru my head. I am anticipating the releases on UHQD and SACD in March!

If 6 was 9 -
Old 01-31-2018, 11:14 PM

^^^

You got me floatin'.... naturally....

Old 01-31-2018, 11:27 PM
Lifetime audio addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeAllan70 View Post
^^^

You got me floatin'.... naturally....

[emoji1474]
Old 02-03-2018, 05:31 AM

Quote:
I think we understand each other now. I did not mention in my posts that I had the amplifiers for a week without having any type of damping on top. Thanks for the suggestion Bar81, I did try it. Without checking your sig I didn't know you had M400's which as I posted before don't have that issue as your amps are solid billet on top, the Progression are not. I have had both the Momentum M300's and now the Progression in my system. What confused me was when you said, "I only used them on properly constructed amps like the Ayre MX-Rs.". The attached photo is not my system so I am not self appointing. We all love listening to music don't we?
Agreed; we're on the same page. I think I was just surprised that at the pricepoint, Dan is using sheet metal on the top cover of the Progressions and with those massive vibrating transformers in there I can understand that the damping plates can materially improve performance. I've had some hard lessons in isolation/damping working in some situations and not others, which is why I'm careful to only suggest someone try something, as based on the situation, something might work amazingly well while have the exact opposite result in other situations.

Last edited by Bar81; 02-03-2018 at 05:35 AM.