AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > DeVore Fidelity

DeVore Fidelity Nothing brings you closer to the Music

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 03:21 PM

Ugh. You've gotta be beside yourself, I'm sure your gig is challenging enough without issues like this one. Thanks for sharing a peek behind the curtain and I'm sure we'll all look forward to future updates.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Old Grey; 05-24-2014 at 07:53 AM. Reason: sp
Old 05-23-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFgibbon View Post
Hi Old Grey,

The problem is that our measurement system went down early last summer and we haven't been able to get it up and running again. Or replaced. The system is excellent and extremely capable, but it's based on old PC hardware. The ISA (I told you it was old hardware!) card itself was checked out and declared just fine my the manufacturer and I've had old-school WinTel experts here fiddling and squinting and telling me everything's fine with the PC.

In the mean time the manufacturer has announced a replacement measurement system that the industry is lining up for (I've got my deposit in for one of the first units) but it has been delayed a number of times. I hope to have it here in the next couple of months--fingers crossed.
JD...thanks for your response/explanation. Just curious where the Xs will be notionally priced ($11Kish is what I remember seeing last in one of the audio show reports)? Also do you mind sharing with us what the high-level preliminary specs (I know these will be subject to change given that you are waiting on new measuring equipment but ballpark figures are fine) for the speakers: sensitivity, nominal impedance, freq response, etc...?

Last edited by jdandy; 05-28-2014 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Edit quote to remove non-sponsor promotion.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:10 PM

I had the 218IA paired with Devore Silverbacks. This played well above its power rating and is a very good option especially at the price point. It is different than Shindo and is not a substitute if thats the sound you are really after.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Old 05-27-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
JD...thanks for your response/explanation. Just curious where the Xs will be notionally priced ($11Kish is what I remember seeing last in one of the audio show reports)? Also do you mind sharing with us what the high-level preliminary specs (I know these will be subject to chang given that you are waiting on new measuring equipment but ballpark figures are fine) for the speakers: sensitivity, nominal impedance, freq response, etc...?
Hi Cyril,
Basic preliminary specs are 91dB/W/M, 8 Ohms (7.25 min) and 23Hz-38kHz.

Last edited by jdandy; 05-28-2014 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Non-sponsor promotions by manufacturer against forum rules.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Hi Cyril,
Thanks for the info John. Appreciate it

Last edited by jdandy; 05-28-2014 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Edit quote.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Hi Cyril,
Pricing is quite close to the Silverback.

Last edited by jdandy; 05-28-2014 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Edit quote.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:46 AM

Default Very close

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
Pricing is quite close to the Silverback.
Yes TommyC, the price is quite close to the Silverback's.

Last edited by jdandy; 05-28-2014 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Non-sponsor promotions by manufacturer against forum rules.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:19 PM

John, if the price is close to Silverback where does this fit in the lineup, what are the principle differences? The specs look similar but it seems like SB might be able to dig deeper?

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Old 05-29-2014, 09:26 AM

Hi All--Strange, but my last reply originally explained why the price of the gibbon Xs is close to the price of the Silverbacks. I look now and all but that one sentence was deleted by "jdandy" because I'm not a sponsor. This is a very troubling pay-to-play scenario. My explanation was not a promotion of any kind, I simply laid out why the Silverbacks haven't had a price increase in 7 years. Now because of the editing it seems like I'm being smug. It seems strange that in the forum dedicated to my own brand I can't answer direct questions without being forced to pay even more money.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:46 AM

Looking back I see that many of my answers to questions on this forum have been edited, reducing and in some cases eliminating the answers all together (for example a simple answer to a direct question about the price of a product is apparently "promoting my product" and was deleted by a moderator). Even my explanation of what's going on with production and our measurement system was edited, even though there was no mention of the sound or price or anything that could possibly be considered promotion.

Those who know me know I'm not a promoter. I never sell directly to customers and I always try to answer questions about my products objectively and thoroughly. I'm not interested in using any forum to promote my brand with boastful statements or denigration of other products, I thought the DeVore Fidelity forum would be a good place to address direct questions with direct answers. I hope I'll be allowed to do this moving forward.
Closed Thread