AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Isolation, Tips & Tweaks

Isolation, Tips & Tweaks Enhance your enjoyment

Old 08-29-2019, 06:48 AM

Default Tweaks I've Tried - Some Worked, Some Didn't

From Audiophile Review....

https://audiophilereview.com/audioph...ome-didnt.html
Old 08-29-2019, 10:53 AM

Thanks for sharing....just goes to show you there's still some snake oil out there.

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:01 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Mike.......I like a reviewer who is not afraid to say he did not experience any improvement when using a particular product. I have had many similar experiences as I tweaked away at two systems for more than a decade. I tend to be a skeptic until I have personal experience that proves otherwise.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 08-29-2019, 01:07 PM

Seems my idea of this thread and all others idea of this thread differed. So I am removing my post, since it is not really about the same thing. Sorry.

Last edited by Beet Farmer; 09-10-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:40 PM

The author of the article that is linked mentions that he heard improvements with Synergistic Research tweaks like the dots and the atmosphere, but when he bought them he didn't think they did anything.

I think this is proof that the power of suggestion is much greater than we realize. I've been to SR demos and I've heard some improvements too. However I don't buy those products because I personally don't see how a magic dot or a magic box can bring any improvement. He's a nice guy and I'm not bashing anything, I just don't get it. My opinion only.

But I think our expectations and the power of suggestion play a major role in our perceived improvements in any tweak.

Over time I've come to realize that NO "tweak" by itself is a game changer or mind blowing improvement. It's getting the basics right...the room, the setup, choosing quality gear that works together for what you are trying to achieve. That's 99% of the battle.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:45 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
The author of the article that is linked mentions that he heard improvements with Synergistic Research tweaks like the dots and the atmosphere, but when he bought them he didn't think they did anything.

I think this is proof that the power of suggestion is much greater than we realize. I've been to SR demos and I've heard some improvements too. However I don't buy those products because I personally don't see how a magic dot or a magic box can bring any improvement. He's a nice guy and I'm not bashing anything, I just don't get it. My opinion only.

But I think our expectations and the power of suggestion play a major role in our perceived improvements in any tweak.

Over time I've come to realize that NO "tweak" by itself is a game changer or mind blowing improvement. It's getting the basics right...the room, the setup, choosing quality gear that works together for what you are trying to achieve. That's 99% of the battle.

To piggyback what Marc said about the Synergistic dot demo at RMAF 2018......I was able to hear a difference when he took the system in and out of the chain....I thought it sounded better without.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 09-27-2019, 02:58 AM

With some components the best tweak is to get rid of them.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:41 AM
Penuriophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophile View Post
With some components the best tweak is to get rid of them.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post

+1
Listening Room – MC2301s, C2300, VPI Prime Sig. Rosewood, w/Fatboy 10” Tonearm, SDS, Periphery Ring, Dynavector DRT XV-1s, Sutherland LittleLOCO Mk2, Harbeth SHL5, Skylan Stands, Synergistic Research: Record Clamp, PowerCell SX, Active Ground Block, Galileo Discovery PCs, Atmosphere X Euphoria ICs, Phono and Speaker Cables, GIK Impression Series Diffusers and Acoustimac DMD Panels, CA Double Matrix Pro Sonic RCM

Theater Room - 7.2.4, Marantz SR7012 & MM7025, Klipsch: RF-7 III, RP-450C, RP-160M, R-112SW Atmos: CDT 5800-CII, Sunfire True EQ Sub, Samsung 75” Q60R QLED 4K UHD TV, Sony UBP-X800 4K UHD Blu-ray, VPI Scoutmaster, Clearaudio Maestro, Cambridge Audio 640P, PS Audio PPP

Office - Fisher 500C, Denon DP-59L, Audio Technica AT14S Cartridge, Bluesound NODE, Acoustic Research AR-3a, Technics RS 1500

Vintage System - Pioneer SX 1980, Jolida JD100 CD, JBL Studio Monitors 4425

Semper Fidelis Teufel Hunden