AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > General Speaker Discussion

General Speaker Discussion Calling all Speakers

Old 08-01-2020, 07:17 PM

Lightbulb New Acora Acoustics Speakers

New Review in The Absolute Sound Magazine this month on the all new Acora Acoustics SRC-1's..

https://www.facebook.com/TheHomeEnte...I3NjM1Nzk5ODY/

https://www.acoraacoustics.com

Last edited by Rick721; 08-03-2020 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:37 PM

Exclamation

The Acora Acoustics SRC-1's at $28K won best of show at any price at the Florida show 2020! Those speaker enclosures made of granite working their magic ?! The Absolute Sound just had to review them after pulling off that magic trick!

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/art...o-2020/?page=2
Old 08-03-2020, 04:03 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick721 View Post
The Acora Acoustics SRC-1's at $28K won best of show at any price at the Florida show 2020! Those speaker enclosures made of granite working their magic ?! The Absolute Sound just had to review them after pulling off that magic trick!

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/art...o-2020/?page=2
Granite, like any other speaker cabinet material, will ring and resonate, and quite loudly, actually.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Granite, like any other speaker cabinet material, will ring and resonate, and quite loudly, actually.
I agree that the granite you can get at Home Depot will ring quite loudly but Acora uses a special type of granite and then it's treated with other things to reduce the ringing to the point that your not going to hear it. If these enclosures were ringing I'm sure the Reviewers would say something about it...

Did you look at the link about this below ?....

Old 08-03-2020, 05:13 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
I agree that the granite you can get at Home Depot will ring quite loudly but Acora uses a special type of granite and then it's treated with other things to reduce the ringing to the point that your not going to hear it. If these enclosures were ringing I'm sure the Reviewers would say something about it...

Did you look at the link about this below ?....

Hi Rick,
I'll check out the link(s) you sent with interest, and read the review in TAS, many thanks.

Given that, however, if I placed and played a music box mechanism on the surface of an Acora speaker cabinet, it would "ring" loudly. By way of example, check out this video by Norm Varney of A/V Roomservice. In particular watch at 8:45 into the video and 13:35 into the video. https://youtu.be/6G4HF6wJG38

Everything has a resonant frequency, even Mt. Everest. And, the buildings in downtown San Francisco in 1906.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 08-03-2020 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Hi Rick,
I'll check out the link(s) you sent with interest, and read the review in TAS, many thanks.

Given that, however, if I placed and played a music box mechanism on the surface of an Acora speaker cabinet, it would "ring" loudly. By way of example, check out this video by Norm Varney of A/V Roomservice. In particular watch at 8:45 into the video and 13:35 into the video. https://youtu.be/6G4HF6wJG38

Everything has a resonant frequency, even Mt. Everest. And, the buildings in downtown San Francisco in 1906.
Scott said in that Home Entertainment Show video that the TAS Reviewer said he had a very hard time writing this review on the Acora speakers because every time he listened to these speakers he just got lost into the music and forgot to write down what he was hearing!

Sounds like my kind of speakers!
Old 08-03-2020, 05:57 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Scott said in that Home Entertainment Show video that the TAS Reviewer said he had a very hard time writing this review on the Acora speakers because every time he listened to these speakers he just got lost into the music and forgot to write down what he was hearing!

Sounds like my kind of speakers!
That is exactly what you want from a pair of speakers. I've had those experiences and its wonderful. That is, in fact, what audio, and music, is all about.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:31 PM

I heard these in Tampa pre-Covid and they were one of the top five of the show to me (with all normal show/room/set up disclaimers). It was just so odd that they were granite, but they had a great sound.