AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 08-14-2018, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORTIS View Post
John: I have the MA7000, the last fully analogue integrated from McIntosh, and to me it sounds wonderful. Although I've been in to high end home audio for over 40 years, I've not had many McIntosh components to compare.

If you're interested, here is my review of it: http://audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=37620
Thank you for providing the very well done review. And my compliments also on a beautiful listening room!

John
Old 08-14-2018, 04:56 PM

Chances are Audio Classics will get the MA7000 you're looking for if you don't mind waiting a bit. I believe you're correct about them not being common in the marketplace as owners are justifiably reluctant to part with them. Patience is the key.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62caddy View Post
Chances are Audio Classics will get the MA7000 you're looking for if you don't mind waiting a bit. I believe you're correct about them not being common in the marketplace as owners are justifiably reluctant to part with them. Patience is the key.
Thanks, I am keeping an eye on Audio Classics for one to arrive, hopefully before too long. They currently have a very good deal on an MA7900, but based on comments and research, I think the MA7000 would be the preferable option in terms of sound quality?

John
Old 08-14-2018, 06:26 PM
Alien Member

John: where roughly are you located? I know of an MA7000 for sale but the seller won't ship.

Lossless > D100 / Yami YP 450 tt > MA7000 > KEF RDM3 / SVS SB2000 / Too much music, not enough time.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Thanks, I am keeping an eye on Audio Classics for one to arrive, hopefully before too long. They currently have a very good deal on an MA7900, but based on comments and research, I think the MA7000 would be the preferable option in terms of sound quality?

John
Sound quality is probably similar. The main advantage of the MA7000 is that its operation is analog which should benefit reliability and serviceability.

Few dealers have the technical expertise to support equipment with firmware OS ,therefore many owners must resort to shipping their equipment to the factory where wait times of 9 months or longer are not uncommon. A major headache especially when dealing with 100 lb items, not to mention being without the system in the interim.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:32 AM

Quote:
John: where roughly are you located? I know of an MA7000 for sale but the seller won't ship.
I'm in Michigan. And would be willing to travel, reasonably. You aren't possibly thinking of the one way up in British Columbia on US Audio Mart are you?

John
Old 08-15-2018, 09:14 AM
Alien Member

John: Up here it's called Canuck Audio Mart but yeah tha't's the one. Obviously too far from Michigan.

Lossless > D100 / Yami YP 450 tt > MA7000 > KEF RDM3 / SVS SB2000 / Too much music, not enough time.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
John: Up here it's called Canuck Audio Mart but yeah tha't's the one. Obviously too far from Michigan.
Was aware of Canuck Audio Mart, but the ad said "formerly listed on Canuck Audio Mart" so I used the current US Audio Mart status in my comment. And by the way, if you;re near the owner of that MA7000, you live in some beautiful landscape!

Thanks for the attempt at help though, much appreciated.

John
Old 08-15-2018, 12:57 PM
Alien Member

John: you're welcome, I wish I could have helped.
I'm actually way east in Ontario, but you're right, BC has some beautiful landscape.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
John: you're welcome, I wish I could have helped.
I'm actually way east in Ontario, but you're right, BC has some beautiful landscape.
Now Ontario is a bit like my own back yard, at least the southern portion. I played a fair number of hockey tournaments there when I was a bit younger. I was even fortunate enough to be named MVP of one tournament and received one of those bright silver stainless steel hockey sticks that Wayne Gretzky used at the end of his career, autographed by Wayne.

John