AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > General Speaker Discussion

General Speaker Discussion Calling all Speakers

Old 08-22-2018, 11:22 PM

I'm a copper guy for spkr cables and use Belden 5T00UP 10AWG cables, terminated by Blue Jeans Cable in Seattle. I have tried other brands, most are silver coated copper. I find for my system the silver not favorable to my ears.
The Belden cable has excellent low cable resistance, you also want high conductivity which helps maintain a flat freq response.

As mentioned, matched cables no mixing and keep them same lengths......Audition if you can.

Cheers
Old 08-23-2018, 05:34 PM

***ADMINS*** I started another thread about this in the General Speaker Forums. Can you please delete THIS THREAD, as I believe the topic deserves to be there. Sorry for the confusion and don't want to have dual posts about the same topic. Thank you!***ADMINS***
Subwoofer REL Stadium III Sub-Bass System BluRay Player Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray
Old 08-23-2018, 05:47 PM

Default New speaker cables

First and foremost: Sorry for so many questions, this is all and I mean ALL GREEK to me! I have been a stalker here for a long time, but never had the money nor the hardware to really delve into these kind of threads or post about them. I just like to live vicariously reading about everyone else's systems!

A very good friend just gave me a pair of Audioquest Rocket 88 72V DBS speaker cables, a pair of Transparent Cable The Wave 100 speaker cables, and a ton of other high quality speaker cables and interconnects.

I am currently using some “home made” Blue Jean Cables (Belden 5T00UP 10AWG cables with BJC sonically welded banana plugs) for my Mini-Ts. I ran separate (Belden 5T00UP 10AWG) cables from my amp (Anthem PVA-7) to both speaker locations (total of 4 wires/ 8 conductors) I have removed the jumpers on the Bryston's and am currently listening to them Bi-wired.

Would I be better off doing away with the BJC wires and using the AQ and Transparent cables? Or, could I use one set of the BJC cables for say, the woofer on the Mini-T's and the Audioquest Rocket 88s for the tweeter/midrange?? Or any combination of cables between the 3 (AQ/Transparent/BJC) as long each matched both speakers termination points on the Mini-T's?

Is it better to run a bi-wire set up or should I put the jumpers back on my Bryston Mini-T's and just use a single set of the cables??

I would, of course, audition all the cables in each configuration for best listening results/most pleasing to my ears.
Subwoofer REL Stadium III Sub-Bass System BluRay Player Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray