AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > General Speaker Discussion

General Speaker Discussion Calling all Speakers

Old 09-17-2012, 12:44 PM

Default payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o View Post
Look down below my post in the "Quick reply area" at the bottom of your webpage.

put your cursor over the yellow box that looks like it has a mountain and a sun in it, it's between and globe with a chain link and a quote box.

Select that.

Then paste the direct link from your photo booth site.. link should end in .jpg or .gif

oh, I accept all forms of speakers for payment.. :-D
That's why this journey is fun, Its the people you meet along the way. Do you want freestanding, subs, or bookshelfs?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Rebellious!

Do I want?

I would set up your current speakers now, and get an idea of what the room sounds like. IF anything, it will provide you some insight to what fits or sounds right in your space.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:32 PM

Your wants are reasonable. Might take a few days.!! In the mean time all thoughts are appreciated.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Rebellious!

I would strive for the fullest range speaker, which usually means a floor stander, but I think success may be had with JL Audio Subwoofers mixed with good bookshelves, say Dynaudio C1 II, are also fantastic candidates.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:41 PM

Default Purpose

I read this thread with interest. One other thought comes to my mind. What is your desired 'outcome'. Do you want quiet evening listening, louder listening or a blend. I have noticed that speakers that sound good at louder levels do not sound as good at very quiet levels. I rarely see this broken down but it is something to consider. When you audition, you often listen to speakers at levels 'too loud' for normal home use (and in specialized rooms). So audition your final choices with very soft low levels only for a period. Then try them only at loud levels for a time. I was surprised that the speakers I loved loud sounded very poor at normal levels and sometimes vice versa.
ps. Enjoy whatever you buy!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:48 AM

Default Soft vs load

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston1156 View Post
I read this thread with interest. One other thought comes to my mind. What is your desired 'outcome'. Do you want quiet evening listening, louder listening or a blend. I have noticed that speakers that sound good at louder levels do not sound as good at very quiet levels. I rarely see this broken down but it is something to consider. When you audition, you often listen to speakers at levels 'too loud' for normal home use (and in specialized rooms). So audition your final choices with very soft low levels only for a period. Then try them only at loud levels for a time. I was surprised that the speakers I loved loud sounded very poor at normal levels and sometimes vice versa.
ps. Enjoy whatever you buy!
Thanks Winston: Sorry I took my eye of the thread. Besides realizing I am more of a warm neutral type of guy, I also learned I like the music soft-medium. I think that is a Pavlovain response to my wife looks when its too loud ; effectively conditioning me. But seriously whether using my c29 preamp or c2300 preamp, I never go over the mid way. I play classical louder.
I am under the impression that the more sensitivity or the less power a speaker needs, the better it will be at lower level music production. Your input is highly valued along with the wealth of info my fellow members provided.

Best
Bill

Last edited by william13; 09-23-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Music Lover!

Also take a look at Neat Audio Speakers.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:38 PM

Default neat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
Also take a look at Neat Audio Speakers.
Never heard of them: seem unsual: 5 drivers only 2 show etc
Old 09-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Music Lover!

My buddy/dealer is the North America distributor for them. I believe at the last CES Jonathan Valen gave them a best of show. Their flagship model is pretty awesome, felt like I was right in the studio listening to them. I think they go for around 28K.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:26 PM

Default Neat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
My buddy/dealer is the North America distributor for them. I believe at the last CES Jonathan Valen gave them a best of show. Their flagship model is pretty awesome, felt like I was right in the studio listening to them. I think they go for around 28K.
Those Neats are really nice looking and indeed have good reviews but I am not in the 25K territory. I did consider at one point in time used Strads but ultimately decided that my pocketbook and house space is not ready yet for them yet (someday). Likewise those Neat speakers are nice but a bit much for me right now. Are you considering them?