AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > D'Agostino Audio

D'Agostino Audio Master Audio Systems

Old 02-25-2012, 11:47 AM

Gorgeous amp, what do little girls know about audio anyway???

Shane, it also took me just one brief moment to realize just how the Momentum mono's were head and shoulders above the Ayre MX-R which were one of my favorite combos with Wilson after the Lamm M1.2s. We had the MX-Rs hooked up to Sasha and after listening for a bit, my dealer hooked up the Momentums and the Sasha's sang like I've never heard them before.

After living with the Momentums and Sasha for some time now, the Momentum's are here to stay in my system. I've never been as satisfied with anything else I have owned or heard to date. Brilliant performance all around, all across the board. Not one bone for me to pick with my setup.

Give that amp a good chance, play it around the clock as they sound much better with some hours on them.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Gorgeous amp, what do little girls know about audio anyway???

Shane, it also took me just one brief moment to realize just how the Momentum mono's were head and shoulders above the Ayre MX-R which were one of my favorite combos with Wilson after the Lamm M1.2s. We had the MX-Rs hooked up to Sasha and after listening for a bit, my dealer hooked up the Momentums and the Sasha's sang like I've never heard them before.

After living with the Momentums and Sasha for some time now, the Momentum's are here to stay in my system. I've never been as satisfied with anything else I have owned or heard to date. Brilliant performance all around, all across the board. Not one bone for me to pick with my setup.

Give that amp a good chance, play it around the clock as they sound much better with some hours on them.
Serge,

High praise indeed. You have piqued my curiosity about these amps. I can't wait to hear them and listen for myself. I bet they are wonderful and I can appreciate your enthusiasm. Having these amps voiced on the Wilsons is a bonus, a match made in heaven.

Shane,

Please keep the updates coming
Old 02-25-2012, 12:28 PM

Very nice Shane! Now, just sit back and enjoy the music...

Mike
Old 02-25-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
Serge,

High praise indeed. You have piqued my curiosity about these amps. I can't wait to hear them and listen for myself. I bet they are wonderful and I can appreciate your enthusiasm. Having these amps voiced on the Wilsons is a bonus, a match made in heaven.

Shane,

Please keep the updates coming
Joe
Make sure you audition the Momentum's in your own home if possible. I listened to them in the store with a couple of different pre-amps and speakers and thought, hey my system sounds better. So I really did not expect to purchase them when I brought them home. After a couple of tracks all concerns were gone, they were staying. It had nothing to do with me getting excited about a different sound, they just paired up better with my speakers, especially in the bass region.

As Serge notes they do sound better when warmed up. Also as they continued to break-in and congestion in the upper ranges disappeared.

Jim
Old 02-25-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Joe
Make sure you audition the Momentum's in your own home if possible. I listened to them in the store with a couple of different pre-amps and speakers and thought, hey my system sounds better. So I really did not expect to purchase them when I brought them home. After a couple of tracks all concerns were gone, they were staying. It had nothing to do with me getting excited about a different sound, they just paired up better with my speakers, especially in the bass region.

As Serge notes they do sound better when warmed up. Also as they continued to break-in and congestion in the upper ranges disappeared.

Jim
Thanks Jim!

It will be a while before I am ready to audition these babies, but I will. I look forward to hearing them.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:44 PM

G'Day TT, Wow--looks the part boyo!-- let's know how you decide--keepers?
Dan certainly knew how to prise the accolades from his old firm-I've chatted to him at the shows-the Cheshire Cat grin tells it all!

Lovely system you have--trust Big J doing you right on the deals--

Des
Old 02-25-2012, 09:31 PM

Love the looks. You make me want to make a trip to my dealer to borrow one (actually a pair, since he doesn't have the stereo amp just yet).
Old 02-25-2012, 09:39 PM

I luv this amp so far.

This is the first SS amp (I have tried many) that sounds musical like my beloved big cj tube monoblocks in timing and upper air extension, that has bass that does not get leaner or out of kilter with the rest of the frequency delivery as you CRANK up the volume.

This amp also does not distort and break up when pushed to its absolute limits, which for SS is amazing.

Now the dilema, I have allready driven the Monentum Stereo to its 200 watt limit - with The The - Armageddon Days are here again - awesome song. see pic below. I have not yet played any of my big bass and huge dynamic electronic music.

Easy answer is go the monoblocks, however they are well and truely out of my $$ grasp.

I will see more if I can live with driving the Momentum S to its limits for the rest of the week.

Last edited by turntable; 02-25-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:23 PM

That image reminds me of this:

Old 02-25-2012, 10:24 PM

Except the Momentum amps are still going strong, with the car hmmmm