AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 07-10-2016, 06:48 AM

Just listened to Marten Quintet 5.

You should really consider them as well.
I also heard them at the Munich show this year.

They are a really good speaker and it's quite small. One of the best speakers I heard at that show. The resolution ,as is important for you, is among the best I ever have heard.
They are at the same price range as some of those mentioned in this thread.

https://www.marten.se/mingus/
Old 07-10-2016, 09:30 AM

Guys, I have also liked the Marten's in the past when I've heard them, however I have to bring out the point that they have screwed their long time distributor by selling cheap out the back door. Some of you may not care about this type of business practice, but if you were a small shop and got screwed out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, you too would be upset. I can't find the link, but you can Google it to see how they screwed the US distributor after over ten years of doing business together I believe it was.

Again, I'm sorry as I'm not trying to be a jerk, but personally when I do business with say a Vandersteen dealer, I know they won't screw me and I know that the value of my purchase will stay strong til the day I have to or want to sell..

Thanks for reading and feel free to flame me, but I did check with this story with a close friend in the industry, who's name would be well known and they said this is true. Thanks again.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsooner View Post
Guys, I have also liked the Marten's in the past when I've heard them, however I have to bring out the point that they have screwed their long time distributor by selling cheap out the back door. Some of you may not care about this type of business practice, but if you were a small shop and got screwed out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, you too would be upset. I can't find the link, but you can Google it to see how they screwed the US distributor after over ten years of doing business together I believe it was.

Again, I'm sorry as I'm not trying to be a jerk, but personally when I do business with say a Vandersteen dealer, I know they won't screw me and I know that the value of my purchase will stay strong til the day I have to or want to sell..

Thanks for reading and feel free to flame me, but I did check with this story with a close friend in the industry, who's name would be well known and they said this is true. Thanks again.
I know about that story. There is always another side of a story like that and it's about another point of view about how this is. I don't think it's a good idea to take part of that. A consumer should not take part of it and with second hand information feed a story that probably has more to it than we really can know.

Last edited by Apexorca; 07-10-2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
I know about that story. There is always another side of a story like that and it's about another point of view about how this is. I don't think it's a good idea to take part of that. A consumer should not take part of it and with second hand information feed a story that probably has more to it than we really can know.
I understand and agree for the most part. Hey, I have no dog in this fight. Not at all. I do know someone who bought a pair of Mrtens directly and didn't think it was cool that they would do that since he did deal with the dealer first. The speakers are very pretty. Not my cup of tea but worth listening to.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
Just listened to Marten Quintet 5.

You should really consider them as well.
I also heard them at the Munich show this year.

They are a really good speaker and it's quite small. One of the best speakers I heard at that show. The resolution ,as is important for you, is among the best I ever have heard.
They are at the same price range as some of those mentioned in this thread.

https://www.marten.se/mingus/
Thank you for the suggestion! It's a great looking speaker! I've always wanted to hear the Marten Coltrane 3's but those are pretty pricey. Not aware of any Marten dealers near me, but would be nice to see/hear this speaker at RMAF.

Aurender N10 / Ayre QX-5 Twenty / Ayre KX-R Twenty / Ayre MX-R Twenty / Wilson Sasha DAW / Isotek TITAN and EVO3 / Transparent Reference / Meze Empyrean
Old 07-27-2016, 03:54 PM

Received my KXR and MXR's. Just installed and got them going. Only listening at low volume levels at the moment, but swear I can already hear a deeper sound stage.

Will remove QB9 when QX-5 Twenty arrives and will place the QX-5 in cabinet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (13.0 KB, 75 views)

Aurender N10 / Ayre QX-5 Twenty / Ayre KX-R Twenty / Ayre MX-R Twenty / Wilson Sasha DAW / Isotek TITAN and EVO3 / Transparent Reference / Meze Empyrean
Old 07-27-2016, 05:51 PM

Outstanding. Glad to hear. You will love them once they burn in. Bass is going to become MUCH better, I promise, lol. I'm going to see Alex and hear the QX5 for the first time on Saturday at Audio Connection. I'm so excited as I have mine on order too. Did you get in touch with the owner at Tamber in Houston yet? When you do, tell him Pete from CT sent you. He'll laugh. A great guy for sure and a wonderful Vandersteen dealer. Keep us posted please.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsooner View Post
Outstanding. Glad to hear. You will love them once they burn in. Bass is going to become MUCH better, I promise, lol. I'm going to see Alex and hear the QX5 for the first time on Saturday at Audio Connection. I'm so excited as I have mine on order too. Did you get in touch with the owner at Tamber in Houston yet? When you do, tell him Pete from CT sent you. He'll laugh. A great guy for sure and a wonderful Vandersteen dealer. Keep us posted please.
I did get in touch with the Vandy dealer here and I plan to audition the 5's and 7's... maybe even this week. I'll tell him you said hello.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:53 PM

Please do. Make sure it's the dad as he's the one I know. let us know how it goes.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaboudreaux View Post
Received my KXR and MXR's. Just installed and got them going. Only listening at low volume levels at the moment, but swear I can already hear a deeper sound stage.

Will remove QB9 when QX-5 Twenty arrives and will place the QX-5 in cabinet.
Oh wow, you are one very lucky man. Cant wait to read your write up on the improvements over the KX5/VX5 combo.