AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 07-27-2013, 04:46 PM

Bryston Model T Speakers with Bryston 14B SST2 Amplifier

Hi James,

I wanted to have a pair of Model T speakers since I listen to them at the Montreal Audio show this year, was very impressed by them.

Listen to them later at my dealer in a room similar size as mine. Replaced my one year old speakers (worth $10,000) with the Model T’s, have been listening to them for not much more than about two to three hours now and can attest everything that have been said about them to be true. I really like the external crossover also, it gave them a very special looks.

I really enjoy the power of the 14B and find it to be a very musical amp. It replaces my 4B ST which sometimes get the clipping light on but with the 14B have not clipped it yet. Very satisfied with the upgrade. The 14B is now powering a pair of Model T Signature just received a few days ago and just have the chance to listen to them briefly and so far this is the best sound that I have in my listening room, will probably be my last pair of speakers (in fact this is my 7th pair since 2000 ($3000 to 10000) always driven with Bryston electronics) These speakers are very warm, dynamics and play beautifully when pushed loud, in fact it is a real pleasure listening to them at 12 even 1 o’clock position on my preamp (BP26). Really enjoy them so far.

Thank you James for a wonderful pair of speakers.

Gil
Old 08-05-2013, 08:25 PM

Sent: Monday, August 05, 2013 12:22 PM
To: Brian W Russell
Subject: Model T

Hi Brian,

I've spent a lot of the weekend enjoying the new speakers as I've been working around the house. I'd classify them as a refined kick ass rock n' roll speaker! These were definitely made for me.

I wanted a big slim tower, given my space requirements and these fit excellent. Any bigger would be a bit much, but smaller would be insignificant. I find with most slim tower designs these days you need an additional sub to compensate for lack of bass. So for the most part you might as well use bookshelves with a sub which defeats the purpose of a tower in my opinion. These remind me a lot of my PSB Synchrony one's, in that they share titanium tweeters, which I love, as they aren’t too bright or dull. I had Paradigm S8's, but that beryllium tweeter almost made my ears bleed. Some times very pleasantly revealing, but for the most part far too much so. The Synchrony one's bass is outstanding for their size, and the mid range is very refined, but the speaker sounded somewhat strained at high volumes. Given the size of that speaker I think it's phenomenal, and yet I wanted more. These are it...... bigger, more bass, and a bit more lively....very pleased!

The packing job of these speakers was absolutely outstanding! I was really struck by the care and thought that went into the packaging, and the cloth bag is a very nice touch indeed. I'm currently running them with an Anthem 225, I know the speakers can handle a lot more power, so I want to bring them to life more so. I'll be looking at some Bryston gear for that, but I know your high end stuff gets very pricey, but apparently well worth it.

I can tell you've got a good crew with you, I was very impressed with the way my emails were answered and the care that was taken. I can see how shipping direct can be a real pain for you. The company really shouldn't have to go to the length it did for one transaction, but very much appreciate the fact you did! Too bad I couldn't just walk into a store here and by some Bryston gear, that it 'd be better for you and me, but unfortunately Thunder Bay doesn't have a Bryston dealer. Marc Hallam in Ottawa is always great to deal with, so If I have to buy outside of the city, I usually look him up.

Thank you Sir, for a wonderful transaction, and a great pair of speakers!

Jan (Thunder Bay)
Old 08-07-2013, 09:47 PM

My longtime dealer dropped bowers Wilkins after almost 40 years... Said Bryson model t was the impetus.... Wow.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:37 PM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston mini t Review – ‘sneak peak’

August 2013

Hi Folks,

Excellent review on the Bryston mini t speaker coming soon in the September/October issue of the French Magazine Son & Image – below is a sneak peak of the conclusion:

“VERDICT – BRYSTON ‘Mini T’ Loudspeaker:

It is useless to try to describe the sound of these Bryston Mini T loudspeakers, as they are perfectly comfortable no matter what type of music we choose to listen too.

It is instructive though to examine our reactions to the music the Mini T deliver to us. Where do these speakers take us? What do they tell us about the artists that we thought we knew well? The music that we thought we understood? The talents of the Mini T provide this level of performance. Call it musical clarity, insight, and good design. Regardless, if this is the fundamental nature of all the speakers in the Bryston Model T series. This bodes well for the rest of the Bryston speaker range.

The Mini T’s introduce you to another musical vision, a vision on a huge soundstage where the image perfectly plays its role in the transmission of the message and the musical emotion.

Congratulations to James Tanner for his vision of music and congratulations to Bryston to be believed.

A benchmark in its class, the Mini T is easily comparable to speakers worth two or even three times the asking price.

Jan-Erik Nordoen,
Son & Image Magazine

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 08-08-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:15 PM

Sent: August-28-13 1:08 PM
To: Chris Russell; James Tanner
Subject: Hearing Ghosts

Hi Chris and James: I simply had to send you another note on my ongoing use of the Model T.

Listening mostly to Internet radio (The Jazz Groove, 128 kbs), this struck me, once again, and more powerfully than ever. The difference between these speakers and any I have heard before is "presence."

I'm listening to John Coltrane right now, and even with a degraded signal, I just can't help feeling he's in the room. I'm forced to look, to check - something like seeing, or this case hearing, a ghost, and I have to do a double take, to look up, and to quickly reestablish the line between reality and imagination.

The T, especially for me with so many of my favourite jazz artists now deceased, manages not simply to make recorded come alive, it has a way to raise the dead.

In short, the T is so good, it is downright scary.

Dave

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 08-28-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:12 PM

Default New model "a" series speakers

Just read about the Model "A" speakers from Bryston.

Wow....may be setting a new standard in the price range..
Bryston: B135 SST˛ & BHA-1; KEF LS50; NHT: B-12d Subwoofer & Classic 3's; Cambridge: Azur 851C, 650C, 550T; Simaudio 230D; APC H15; Skylan: Speaker Stands & Amplifier Platform; Transparent & Morrow Interconnects; Morrow SP4 Speaker Wire; Audio Sensibility Impact & Take 5 Asylum Delux Power Cables; Symposium: Rollerblock Series 2+(2), Rollerblock Jr.+(4), Segue Platform(2) & Isis Platform(2); Salamander Archetype Rack.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:56 AM

I have a not completely finished PDF of the Model A literature if anyone wants a copy.

james

jamestanner@bryston.com
Old 09-16-2013, 09:19 PM

Looking at the data on the new Model A line I'm pretty pumped to demo them against the Model T's. I get the feeling there will be the same the same great sound with just a little less base extension, and at half the price they could be a home run. They can't come out soon enough.

Scott
Old 09-22-2013, 12:19 AM

Very close to buying the Model T without a demo. Rich (Master Lu Jr.), would you mind posting your thoughts on the speaker and also what type of music you listen to. Thinking of matching these with a Krell integrated in my basement game room.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiham View Post
Very close to buying the Model T without a demo. Rich (Master Lu Jr.), would you mind posting your thoughts on the speaker and also what type of music you listen to. Thinking of matching these with a Krell integrated in my basement game room.
The Model T's have to be one of my favorite speakers! They're by far the best speaker at there price point IMO. As for what types of music I listen to I really listen to everything. I've played everything from The Eagles, Bruno Mars, AC/DC, Guns n Roses, & I can go on. In regards to listening impressions, the speakers create a really dynamic soundstage. They can effortlessly reproduce any music you throw at them. I'm also using Krell as you can see from my signature. I'm very happy with the synergy between Krell and Bryston. The Model T's really have everything you could want from a speaker. They have the ability to produce amazing bass and general "loudness" without having to use high power amplifiers. The clarity and accuracy of the mid's and tweeters is phenomenal. You will not find another speaker at this price point that can do what the Bryston Model T's do.
Krell S-1200U, Bryston Model T, Bryston Model TC1, JL F112 w/ stand, Krell S-1500 Amp, PS Audio P5, OPPO BDP-95, Sony 4K Ultra HD 55"X-850C monitor, Sony PS3, Wireworld cables, Furutech Flux-50 Filter, Stillpoints