AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Isolation, Tips & Tweaks

Isolation, Tips & Tweaks Enhance your enjoyment

Old 07-25-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofan1 View Post
I replaced a PS Audio Premier outlet with the Audioquest Edison and so far I'm finding it pretty well rounded and hard to fault,not as warm as the PS audio but does have a bit more air.
I agree with your characterization of the Edison. I like it a lot.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables
Old 07-26-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
Thanks for the update on the outlets!

From your description, the Shunyata SR-Z1 seems to be an outlet I'd like to hear. I tend to like a warmer, richer, midrange because that's what sounds natural to me.

Of course if any info on the Copperconn outlet comes to light, that would be valuable, too. Is it certain that the CopperCONN is a different duplex than the SR-Z1? The Shunyata website still reads that the "SR-Z1 outlets provide a critical contribution toward the award-winning performance of Shunyata’s power-distribution products." It also reads that "This is the same AC outlet used in HYDRA TRITON."

I use or have used Furutech GTX-D (gold), GTX-D (rhodium), Audience Hidden Treasure, and Audioquest Edison duplexes. All have their own character, and there are attributes of a couple I wish could be combined into a single duplex.
Yes, the CopperCONN is a completely different outlet than the SR-Z1. The Triton V1 was using the SR-Z1 whereas the Triton V2 saw the introduction of the CopperCONN with it. Denalis and Triton V3 also use the CopperCONN.

I reasoned myself by purchasing the Maestro at 89$ telling myself I would never spend 285$ for a Synergistic Blue no matter how good they are but hey, the CopperCONN is listed at 295$ and I am seriously thinking buying one for trying. Very limited information is available about those online and very few user reports as well, which I find a bit annoying but also what pushes me swing for one and come back report about them.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:34 PM

Today I removed the Maestros and re-installed my SR-Z1 along my standard Leviton outlets... Frankly, it seems I judged the Maestros too quickly. Now that I am with my previous outlets, I can say that the sound with the Maestros was much cleaner, more air and details. More sparkle, notes are less rounded around the edges. The presentation with with excellent recordings show the true potential as there is definately a layer of haze that was removed with the Maestros. Or, as said in the review from enjoy the music, there is less stuff in the way separating the listener from the artist. I believe what they say is accurate. I find the Maestros to be also more quiet. I have to be honest here as I only have 1 SR-Z1 installed so for sure things would fare better with 2. The Maestros especially once broken in with good cables sounds more lively. I had just wished the Maestros had that fuller sound of the SR-Z1. So in the end, I almost regretfully sold them today but I wish to find the attributes of both oultets in the Shunyata CopperCONN. Cross fingers.. Either way, the Maestro is a very, very good sounding outlet especially at its price point.