AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Isolation, Tips & Tweaks

Isolation, Tips & Tweaks Enhance your enjoyment

Old 07-11-2019, 04:05 PM

Default cruzeFIRST Audio Maestro Outlet

After careful examination of the different offerings on the market, and based on numerous reviews and testimonies, I went with the cruzeFIRST Audio Maestro outlets. I ordered two and they will be replacing one Shunyata SR-Z1 and one standard Leviton 20A duplex.

Currently, my Yamaha CA-1000 amplifier and Bryston BDP-2 are plugged into the SR-Z1, and the Bryston BDA-3 is plugged into the Leviton. I wanted to achieve a bit of consistency in sound by starting with the outlets. Among the models I considered are the Synergistic Research Blue outlet but at 285$ each I decided against it no matter how good it is supposed to be. Also the Furutech GTX-D but after reading many reviews it seems that it is on the lean side and that it may not synergize well with my equipment and taste. The Maestro is reported to sound clean and natural and this is what has been the deciding factors. I believe it will match well with my equipment. I should receive them early next week so I will report my finding after installation and critical listening about how they perform in my environment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4430.jpg (83.3 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by Parabellum; 07-11-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:30 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Your on your way, have fun!
Old 07-15-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabellum View Post
After careful examination of the different offerings on the market, and based on numerous reviews and testimonies, I went with the cruzeFIRST Audio Maestro outlets. I ordered two and they will be replacing one Shunyata SR-Z1 and one standard Leviton 20A duplex.

Currently, my Yamaha CA-1000 amplifier and Bryston BDP-2 are plugged into the SR-Z1, and the Bryston BDA-3 is plugged into the Leviton. I wanted to achieve a bit of consistency in sound by starting with the outlets. Among the models I considered are the Synergistic Research Blue outlet but at 285$ each I decided against it no matter how good it is supposed to be. Also the Furutech GTX-D but after reading many reviews it seems that it is on the lean side and that it may not synergize well with my equipment and taste. The Maestro is reported to sound clean and natural and this is what has been the deciding factors. I believe it will match well with my equipment. I should receive them early next week so I will report my finding after installation and critical listening about how they perform in my environment.
Interested in your experience with the Maestro outlet when they arrive!

Please let us know how the sound is different vs the Shunyata and Leviton after they burn in a bit.

Good luck!

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables
Old 07-16-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
Interested in your experience with the Maestro outlet when they arrive!

Please let us know how the sound is different vs the Shunyata and Leviton after they burn in a bit.

Good luck!
Hi Christian,

I received both my Maestro oulets this morning and they are already installed. No procrastinating here I am listening to my system thru them as I type this. See pictures attached.

As you suggested I will give my system (and myself) time to acclimate to the change before giving my impressions of the sound. But I can give my impressions of the material itself; comparing to the Shunyata SR-Z1, the Maestro doesn't give the feeling of a high end component. It is smaller in width and overall depth as you can see (Maestro is black on the left, the SR-Z1 on the right). Materials used - only for the look of it - for the Maestro are similar to any outlet you can find in a hardware store. I mean, they are not substantials with thick plates, chrome plating and such like the Furutech GTX-D. It's what inside and the treatments applied that matters I guess here.

The Maestro is heavier than my standard Leviton outlet, but definately less than my SR-Z1. It's probably intended this way as part of the design because some designers believe in "less is more". I was often indicated by experienced techs and audiophiles that the less mass is better for better flow of current and ultimately better sound (think speaker binding posts, like Naim amplifiers). I give benefit of the doubt here. The duplexes have very good grip as it was a tight fit when inserting the cables. This definately feels quality and it's a good thing to maximize contact with the prongs.

Right off the bat I can perceive some changes but I will have to wait to listen at higher volume to have a better idea (kids are sleeping!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6014.jpg (81.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6015.jpg (89.4 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6016.jpg (88.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6017.jpg (92.0 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by Parabellum; 07-16-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:25 PM

Interesting visual comparison. On some other forums, The Maestro is said to be based on a basic Cooper outlet and then customized in some way.
I'm looking forward to a comparison to the Shunyata when you get around to it.
Thanks for the update!

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

Old 07-23-2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Interesting visual comparison. On some other forums, The Maestro is said to be based on a basic Cooper outlet and then customized in some way.
I'm looking forward to a comparison to the Shunyata when you get around to it.
Thanks for the update!
I think I have had enough time to listen so that at least I can give my early impressions. In comparison to my Shunyata SR-Z1, it sounds more "HiFi ish" where the presentation is very clean. By that, I can state that the SR-Z1 has a rich midrange bloom that gives that tubey sound. I find the SR-Z1 to sound "fuller" and warmer in comparison. Not that the Maestro is cold, not at all. Just that the SR-Z1 is more on the warm side. To my taste, I think I prefer the warmer presentation of the SR-Z1 rather than the all-clean one of the Maestro. But this is definately all about personal taste, and synergy with other components. I also noticed that the base does not go as deep as the SR-Z1, and that the sound has more realism with the SR-Z1 in comparison. The cymbals and percussions, music as a whole, sound more "there". In short, to my likings, I find the SR-Z1 to bring more pleasure and excitement to the music than the Maestro. Maybe I haven't had enough time to the Maestro to fully break in so I will continue my listening.

This hobby is all about experiences, trial and errors to find one's musical holy grail. In my case, I think I just dicovered that I prefer a warmer sound than absolute neutrality. I remember when I inserted a Synergistic Blue fuse in my Yamaha CA-1000, I really enjoyed the fuller sound, that deep base impact it brought. With the Maestro, it is kind of gone. In exchange, a more clean sound and maybe tighter base. As I said, I will give more time on the Maestro but eventually I will re-insert the SR-Z1 to confirm my findings.

I was informed by Ivan that the Shunyata CopperCONN outlet is available for purchase separately. I would be very curious to try that one, especially if it follows on the SR-Z1. Very little information is available though so I think the only way to know if I would like it, would be to buy one and try for myself.

Edit:
I suggest anyone interested in the Maestro to read this comparison:
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...ac_outlets.htm

The SR-Z1 being essentially a Hubbell, you can have a reference point with this review. I re-read at least 5 times these reviews and my conclusions are pretty in line with their findings.

Last edited by Parabellum; 07-23-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:07 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:

Right off the bat I can perceive some changes but I will have to wait to listen at higher volume to have a better idea (kids are sleeping!)
You know, a “Real Audiophile” would wake them up. j/k
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 07-23-2019, 11:59 PM

Quote:
I think I have had enough time to listen so that at least I can give my early impressions. In comparison to my Shunyata SR-Z1, it sounds more "HiFi ish" where the presentation is very clean. By that, I can state that the SR-Z1 has a rich midrange bloom that gives that tubey sound. I find the SR-Z1 to sound "fuller" and warmer in comparison. Not that the Maestro is cold, not at all. Just that the SR-Z1 is more on the warm side. To my taste, I think I prefer the warmer presentation of the SR-Z1 rather than the all-clean one of the Maestro. But this is definately all about personal taste, and synergy with other components. I also noticed that the base does not go as deep as the SR-Z1, and that the sound has more realism with the SR-Z1 in comparison. The cymbals and percussions, music as a whole, sound more "there". In short, to my likings, I find the SR-Z1 to bring more pleasure and excitement to the music than the Maestro. Maybe I haven't had enough time to the Maestro to fully break in so I will continue my listening.

This hobby is all about experiences, trial and errors to find one's musical holy grail. In my case, I think I just dicovered that I prefer a warmer sound than absolute neutrality. I remember when I inserted a Synergistic Blue fuse in my Yamaha CA-1000, I really enjoyed the fuller sound, that deep base impact it brought. With the Maestro, it is kind of gone. In exchange, a more clean sound and maybe tighter base. As I said, I will give more time on the Maestro but eventually I will re-insert the SR-Z1 to confirm my findings.

I was informed by Ivan that the Shunyata CopperCONN outlet is available for purchase separately. I would be very curious to try that one, especially if it follows on the SR-Z1. Very little information is available though so I think the only way to know if I would like it, would be to buy one and try for myself.

Edit:
I suggest anyone interested in the Maestro to read this comparison:
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...ac_outlets.htm

The SR-Z1 being essentially a Hubbell, you can have a reference point with this review. I re-read at least 5 times these reviews and my conclusions are pretty in line with their findings.

Thanks for the update on the outlets!

From your description, the Shunyata SR-Z1 seems to be an outlet I'd like to hear. I tend to like a warmer, richer, midrange because that's what sounds natural to me.

Of course if any info on the Copperconn outlet comes to light, that would be valuable, too. Is it certain that the CopperCONN is a different duplex than the SR-Z1? The Shunyata website still reads that the "SR-Z1 outlets provide a critical contribution toward the award-winning performance of Shunyata’s power-distribution products." It also reads that "This is the same AC outlet used in HYDRA TRITON."

I use or have used Furutech GTX-D (gold), GTX-D (rhodium), Audience Hidden Treasure, and Audioquest Edison duplexes. All have their own character, and there are attributes of a couple I wish could be combined into a single duplex.

Last edited by rnrmf1971; 07-24-2019 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:13 PM
Blown & Injected

What's next? Audiophile grade romex, circuit breakers, and panels?
Old 07-25-2019, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the update on the outlets!

From your description, the Shunyata SR-Z1 seems to be an outlet I'd like to hear. I tend to like a warmer, richer, midrange because that's what sounds natural to me.

Of course if any info on the Copperconn outlet comes to light, that would be valuable, too. Is it certain that the CopperCONN is a different duplex than the SR-Z1? The Shunyata website still reads that the "SR-Z1 outlets provide a critical contribution toward the award-winning performance of Shunyata’s power-distribution products." It also reads that "This is the same AC outlet used in HYDRA TRITON."

I use or have used Furutech GTX-D (gold), GTX-D (rhodium), Audience Hidden Treasure, and Audioquest Edison duplexes. All have their own character, and there are attributes of a couple I wish could be combined into a single duplex.
I replaced a PS Audio Premier outlet with the Audioquest Edison and so far I'm finding it pretty well rounded and hard to fault,not as warm as the PS audio but does have a bit more air.