AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Turntables & Vinyl > Turntables & Tonearms

Turntables & Tonearms Where Analog still Rules

Old 11-17-2017, 05:25 PM

Glad to hear you are loving your Brinkmann! It is super awesome that Brinkmann has been so supportive in helping you even though the turntable is used. Some people find Brinkmann turntables to be a bit fatiguing and uninvolving. Have you found this to be an issue at all?
Old 11-17-2017, 06:12 PM

Not the slightest bit... it‘s perfect and keeps me digging more and more into my vinyl. Total gamechanger in the most positive way. Huge improvements in all areas - most impressive is the actual feel of live sound. Imaging, bass and resolution have improved dramatically. I am usaually not all about the superlative talk - but this piece is just amazing. It‘s got me spinning Vinyl every spare minute and actually degraded any digital reproduction by far. The local dealer/retailer I am working with (parallel to Brinkmann) says that the LaGrange is under the best he‘s ever heared - and I also really can‘t remember hearing anything better. Brinkmann reputation in Germany is also impeccable. I would seriously encourage anyone to give the big Brinkmann TTs a serious listen. Obviously there are many amazing alternatives out there and I myself was torn between the Avid Acutus and the Brinkmann - but I would say it‘s our there with the best.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:24 PM

Ah - and also, can‘t recall who encouraged me to give Brinkmann a listen - but it was someone on this forum - so I must say thanx !!! Best advise I got in a long time !!! But that‘s what these forums are for, I suppose ;-)
Old 11-17-2017, 07:00 PM

There were a few people who suggested Brinkmann but I think it was me who really pushed the idea of giving the LaGrange some consideration. I have read so many great things about it that I have narrowed it down to either buying a LaGrange or a TW-Acustic AC-3. I literally have dreams about the LaGrange...lol. I recently read that the best cartridge for this turntable is the Lyra Etna. It is supposed to be much better that the EMT cartridges modified by Brinkmann. Something to consider for your next big purchase.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:23 PM

Well - again, thanx 4 that. I think it‘s really great if something productive comes out of the exchange in a forum. The TT has literally blown me away. I‘ve also read all the rave reviews... „this is it - the alpha and the omega, the last TT you‘ll ever buy“.... but I never care that much for reviews. What really got me interested (after the initial hint) were user/owner reviews and the exchange with multiple retailers in Germany who (Brinkmann dealers or not) simply wouldn’t allow the slightest bit of negativity on the products. I literally couldn’t get anyone to drop a single negative comment. I then talked to Brinkmann himself who gave me lots of insight on the LaGrange and the products he runs and it overall just gained my trust and won me over. A known dealer/retailer nearby then agreed to help me with the modification to mount my SME arm and cartridge and Brinkamann sent the tonearm-base to fit. Brinkmann still supports any TT ever built - any part can be exchanged and improved. Also the TTs are literally built to last a lifetime. I will certainly upgrade my arm and cartridge - but the TT will stay for a long long time - 4 certain.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgod View Post
I recently read that the best cartridge for this turntable is the Lyra Etna. It is supposed to be much better that the EMT cartridges modified by Brinkmann.
That might have been me. If you have the means - I can fully endorse the combination
Old 11-18-2017, 09:32 AM

Default Best turntable under 10K - suggestions ?

I am currently running the LaGrange with an SME M2-9 and EMT TSD 75 via Pass XP-15. Think next I‘ll upgrade the arm - either the Brinkmann 10.5 or a bigger SME... tendency toward the 10.5... suggestions anyone ?

Last edited by bruno2009; 11-18-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
That might have been me. If you have the means - I can fully endorse the combination
Yes, it was you. Your post was super helpful. I forgot to thank you for it. I was wondering about the EMT cartridges modified by Brinkmann but now I know not to even bother.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno2009 View Post
I am currently running the LaGrange with an SME M2-9 and EMT TSD 75 via Pass XP-15. Think next I‘ll upgrade the arm - either the Brinkmann 10.5 or a bigger SME... tendency toward the 10.5... suggestions anyone ?
I've done a lot of reading on this and Brinkmann turntables sound best with either Brinkmann or Breuer tonearms.

Last edited by greekgod; 11-18-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:51 AM

I‘ll have the opportunity to hear a few combinations from Brinkmann and SME on two parallel Brinkmann TTs... won‘t get round to checking this till next year though... right now I‘m enjoying what I have... [emoji1308][emoji4]