AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc

MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc Ultra High End Equipment

Old 12-25-2010, 06:05 PM

Default Reimyo Anyone?

This is a very high end Japanese Combo manufacture under the brand name REIMYO. They also made a variety of tweaks, from platforms, racks to cables and footers.

I have heard the above combo, played via a set of Avantgarde Duo Gross G2 speakers and I must say they DO sounded good altogether. Attached pics taken from their respective websites for view.

The build is solid, very exquisite and beautiful. The CD (Red Book) and matching latest DAC is very musical. I can safely said they are on par with the Meridian 808i.3 although I had not been able to do a direct "A" "B" comparison. Maybe I should arrange one with the dealer and I am sure he will oblige as after all, I did buy some pricy items from him just a few months back ... a la the complete TT combo.

I wonder if anyone had the pleasure to hear this complete setup. Oh, the power is a mini 7W per side, from this SET Stereo Power Amplifier. Hardly enough for any speakers today - but thru horns with 104db sensitivity, they are more than enough to wake up any senses.

The combo were strung together with the compliment tweaks, cables, etc, .. from Harmonix and I must add these do costs, not to mention, the combo IS already pricy.

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reimyo CDT-777.jpg (25.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Reimyo DAP - 999EX.jpg (78.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Reimyo CAT-777MKII.jpg (43.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Reimyo PAT - 777.jpg (52.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Reimyo ALS - 777.jpg (31.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Avantgarde DUO Grosso 2.jpg (22.5 KB, 6 views)
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar
Old 12-25-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCC View Post
This is a very high end Japanese Combo manufacture under the brand name REIMYO. They also made a variety of tweaks, from platforms, racks to cables and footers.

I have heard the above combo, played via a set of Avantgarde Duo Gross G2 speakers and I must say they DO sounded good altogether. Attached pics taken from their respective websites for view.

The build is solid, very exquisite and beautiful. The CD (Red Book) and matching latest DAC is very musical. I can safely said they are on par with the Meridian 808i.3 although I had not been able to do a direct "A" "B" comparison. Maybe I should arrange one with the dealer and I am sure he will oblige as after all, I did buy some pricy items from him just a few months back ... a la the complete TT combo.

I wonder if anyone had the pleasure to hear this complete setup. Oh, the power is a mini 7W per side, from this SET Stereo Power Amplifier. Hardly enough for any speakers today - but thru horns with 104db sensitivity, they are more than enough to wake up any senses.

The combo were strung together with the compliment tweaks, cables, etc, .. from Harmonix and I must add these do costs, not to mention, the combo IS already pricy.

Cheers!
Oh yes, forgot to show the TT combo they used too ... the Raven TT.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Raven TT Combo.jpg (18.0 KB, 12 views)
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar
Old 12-25-2010, 06:21 PM

I have the DAP 999 DAC, and it is amazingly musical. Since I am stuck on a ship, I went with an Esoteric DV-60 as both a universal player and for the quality of the transport. The playback of XRCD's is unparalleled. I much prefer the sound of XRCD to SACD. I wish I could use the Reimyo transport at sea, but it isn't practical due to space and the all the features of the DV-60.

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:34 PM

I have heard the 777 in the past so I would think the 999 should be an excellent DAC.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:35 AM

Having a piece of Reimyo Harmonix component (e.g. CDP) in the system is probably a good thing. However, I find that a full suite of Reimyo system tend to be too "heavy" in its signature sound.

Yes, that TT is one of the best items in the shop
Old 01-16-2011, 07:48 PM

Hi all,

I read in the past that the Reimyo CDP777 ands others cdps that use the same JVC mechanics are top notch.
Never have the chance to hear one.

Rubén