AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aurender

Aurender Reference Music Servers

Old 03-23-2017, 03:21 AM

I thought you had a K01X.
Before buying my D02X i was researching many DAC's. I deleted the Nagra option because its AES output is bridged to the RCA one. It isn't a true balance output.
Jumping to DCS is more convenient as Aurender owner.
Just my opinion.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
Before buying my D02X i was researching many DAC's. I deleted the Nagra option because its AES output is bridged to the RCA one. It isn't a true balance output.
Just my opinion.

I still have the K-01X which I love but like you said, DCS and Aurender are mated pretty well. If I get the DCS dac, I will probably compare the Vivaldi clock with my current G-01 and keep the winner. I'm excited about the change just to hear some different perspectives and sound.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Just my opinion.

What else did you compare the D02-X with other than the Nagra?
Old 03-26-2017, 05:59 PM

Hi SuperDave.

I had on home a lot of Dac's (Wadia, ARC, Northstar...) The most important were TAD DA1000 and DCS Rossini.
More sinergy with TAD one with great control but a little thin soundstage and bright on highs.
More airy and bigger soundstage with Rossini with less control, treble too much sugary and very confusing output voltage. I had it until three times at home with DCS clock but never sound great with any output voltage.
I would want it likes me because on paper it has all to be a master piece but:
• I didn't like the streaming sound directly from its ethernet input. It sounded better from my Aurender N100.
• I din't like the limited option to upsampling. Only DXD and DSD.
• I don't like to pay for the pre option because i'm more than satisfied with my TAD C600.
Now with my D02Xi can play with differents options out there DSD. I don't like DSD even from upsampling or Hi-Res. Going more far away i listen 95% of times from Tidal. On my system, better SQ than Redbook.
Now playing 8x with impressive tone, soundstage, air, balance from top to bottom, resolution, even more after connect a Siltech Ruby Mountain ii power cord.
I believe that i can get more improvement on two steps:
• Master Clock to get more timing, accuracy and better instrument's position with better bass articulation and better punch control.
The new grandioso G1 is on my radar.
• Better source that improves resolution, micro and macro dynamics even on weight as on height.
I'm very surprised with the limited market options to a high level music servers.
All melomans worldwide are very music server's hungry and the big brands are losting this moment. You can choose a lot of dacs but they aren't paired with the same level music server.
What pure music server could i buy out of being a PC modified. Only Aurender it seems.
But, how much sinergy is there between W20/Esoteric dac/Esoteric Clock?
Does the W20 accepts 10Mhz input from the Esoteric 50 ohm output to W20 75 ohm input?
Aurender puts on its manual different brand configurations except with Esoteric.
I have doubts with these options:
More expensive:
• D02X/G1 with W20 slaved by USB cable.
• D02X/G1/W20 with dual AES.
Cheaper:
• D02X/Cybershaft clock/N10 slaved from USB.
• D02X with clock master from N10's spdf.
I don't know if i've answered your question or i've added more confusing.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Hi SuperDave.

I had on home a lot of Dac's (Wadia, ARC, Northstar...) The most important were TAD DA1000 and DCS Rossini.
More sinergy with TAD one with great control but a little thin soundstage and bright on highs.
More airy and bigger soundstage with Rossini with less control, treble too much sugary and very confusing output voltage. I had it until three times at home with DCS clock but never sound great with any output voltage.
I would want it likes me because on paper it has all to be a master piece but:
• I didn't like the streaming sound directly from its ethernet input. It sounded better from my Aurender N100.
• I din't like the limited option to upsampling. Only DXD and DSD.
• I don't like to pay for the pre option because i'm more than satisfied with my TAD C600.
Now with my D02Xi can play with differents options out there DSD. I don't like DSD even from upsampling or Hi-Res. Going more far away i listen 95% of times from Tidal. On my system, better SQ than Redbook.
Now playing 8x with impressive tone, soundstage, air, balance from top to bottom, resolution, even more after connect a Siltech Ruby Mountain ii power cord.
I believe that i can get more improvement on two steps:
• Master Clock to get more timing, accuracy and better instrument's position with better bass articulation and better punch control.
The new grandioso G1 is on my radar.
• Better source that improves resolution, micro and macro dynamics even on weight as on height.
I'm very surprised with the limited market options to a high level music servers.
All melomans worldwide are very music server's hungry and the big brands are losting this moment. You can choose a lot of dacs but they aren't paired with the same level music server.
What pure music server could i buy out of being a PC modified. Only Aurender it seems.
But, how much sinergy is there between W20/Esoteric dac/Esoteric Clock?
Does the W20 accepts 10Mhz input from the Esoteric 50 ohm output to W20 75 ohm input?
Aurender puts on its manual different brand configurations except with Esoteric.
I have doubts with these options:
More expensive:
• D02X/G1 with W20 slaved by USB cable.
• D02X/G1/W20 with dual AES.
Cheaper:
• D02X/Cybershaft clock/N10 slaved from USB.
• D02X with clock master from N10's spdf.
I don't know if i've answered your question or i've added more confusing.
Nacho,
You raise some interesting points. I'm learning as I go but I usually prefer balanced connections. The W20 through USB was good but it wouldn't allow the use of the G-01. I'm currently using SPDIF with better results but I suspect Duel AES/EBU will be the best. Unfortunately, the K-01X doesn't support duel AES/EBU as does the D-02X. The G-01 only has one 10Mhz output that I use with the K-01X. The new G1 will have four if I remember correctly. You answered my question but I'm still confused. Thanks for the response!

Dave
Old 03-27-2017, 12:22 PM

In your configuration (W20 rca output) when your're playing from W20, the K01X dac is slaved to the internal W20 clock.
I would try to connect the G01 to W20 to listen the differences.
Regards.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
In your configuration (W20 rca output) when your're playing from W20, the K01X dac is slaved to the internal W20 clock.
I would try to connect the G01 to W20 to listen the differences.
Regards.
The G-01 is also connected to the W20 and shows "clock in" on the front display. I assume the G-01 is clocking the W20. Am I incorrect? Sorry...I'm a novice.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:48 PM

It is correct !!! The G01 has two 10Mhz outputs.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:33 AM

Has anyone tried the Aurender W20 with the Esoteric G-01 master clock connected to its clock input? If so, was there a material improvement in sound quality (over the W20's internal clock) when using the W20's AES/EBU or S/PDIF digital outputs to their DAC? I'm not interested in the W20's USB digital output because asynchronous protocol uses the DAC's clock, not the W20's clock.

Thanks so much,
Ken
Old 07-24-2017, 07:29 PM

Any advantage to using an upgraded power cord with the W20 since its power comes from a revolving bank of batteries, not your power line?